You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Journalists/writers - who's good and who's bad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 1:01pm
In response to the previous pages if Hurling or Football were the worldwide sport instead of soccer you'd see far bigger interest in the national team. When a county match like Tipp and Galway or Limerick and Cork can bring 60-70k to croker for a semi final or 40k to Thurles for a Munster round Robin match you know which sport is bigger in terms of importance to the general public. Soccer has a big place in Ireland but sadly most of the love goes to the Premier league. The bandwagon we string together for major tournaments is admirable though. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Baldrick you are really boring.

Broken Heart

Heart
AKA pedantic kunt
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Where have I tried to police your thoughts? 

If I popped over to post on the rugby version of ybig (not sure if one even exists or not) and carried on as you have here spamming threads with the same agenda regardless if it’s connected or not and I also stated that I didn’t care for the Irish rugby team much and much preferred harlequins and 3 Rock Rovers in the hockey, I would expect to be ran off the site for being a WUM.  You have sucked all of the humour out of whatever sections threads (something I am guilty of here but then again there was not humour on this thread to begin with) 

The mods can do their thing but I am just flagging it, as the mods have correctly stated they cannot do their job unless people flag it.  
Your whole point over the last page or so is to set yourself up as the thought police

You literally can't even comprehend that anybody who doesn't have the exact same opinions as you isn't wumming

You're even calling for me to be banned just because you don't like my opinions LOL

Read back over your posts here, embarrassing stuff

As I said, there's only one person gaslighting and wumming here and that's yerself - and even at that it's piss poor gaslighting and wumming, it's actually pompous arseholery

"Agree with my opinions or you should be banned"

To be fair you have done a good enough job on getting yourself banned previously when you lost control.  
Look who's gaslighting again

Look who's still seething because my brother said something mean to him

Get over yerself ye pompous big girl's blouse

Is this the same brother who got himself banned for personal abuse to other posters and not me? Maybe he picked it up the anger issues from you or vice versa.  
You'll forgive me if I have anger issues offline, my father who I was a full time carer for died from hospital acquired Covid 14 days ago

But sure now you're telling me how to live my life, I'm "bored" or something, perhaps I need to "get a life", and all because I made some perfectly legitimate posts which you got offended by

What's your excuse for your anger issues, gaslighting issues and propensity for fake offence issues?

Boredom is the least of them I'd say

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 3:07pm
Mind yourself Sid.  Speak to someone.  
AKA pedantic kunt
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 3:09pm

Mind yourself Sid.  Speak to someone.  
Get stuffed

Grief is hard enough to work through without a passive aggressive gaslighter expressing faux concern 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 6:06pm
Jesus it's like the Alamo in here since last night. LOL

@Sid

I'll leave the multi-posting out of it. Yah we have a disagreement on achievements. It think we should leave it at that.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 4:28pm
Ermm 

Let's try and get the thread back on track - who are Ireland's best investigative reporters? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Ermm 

Let's try and get the thread back on track - who are Ireland's best investigative reporters? 
Gemma O'Doherty and Tom Humphries

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Ermm 

LOLLOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 8:59pm
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 5:22pm
ClapLOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Ermm 

John Waters would be really pissed off to be excluded. Actually be is permanently pissed off for being excluded these days. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:32pm
That Declan Lynch lad always seems to bring everything back to being an alcoholic.LOL

I dont read his articles regularly or anything but have read a couple over the years.

I have seen him in clips for the Channel 4 Roy Keane documentary and Finding Jack Charlton.

Both times he mentions being tormentedLOL

In Finding Jack he says ''If Ireland was a person it would be a deeply tormented dysfunctional person'' FFSLOL

Declan what's your favourite sporting moment?

DL:  I'd have to say Alex Higgins being drunk as he was knocked out of the World Snooker Championships and he sat there in disarray, totally tortured, depressed.

That reminds me.  I have to get petrol ont he way home.  My car is a deeply dysfunctional individual always looking for a drink.  He can't stop one or two litres.  He drinks a minimum of 20 litres in one go.  I brought him to AA meetings with Conor Faughnan who told me there he couldn't help as he works for the Automobile Association.  My car is fighting demons on a daily basis.  He cant pass a garage without wanting a drink.

Eh ok thanks Declan.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:35pm
might be down to the fact he struggled with the drink himself and gave it up many years ago.  

Excellent writer. Very strong on gambling too. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:41pm

might be down to the fact he struggled with the drink himself and gave it up many years ago.  

Excellent writer. Very strong on gambling too

He get plenty of winners? 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:41pm

Excellent writer. Very strong on gambling too. 
The Rooms is worth a read as is Days of Heaven.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Excellent writer. Very strong on gambling too

He get plenty of winners? 

No he has written extensively about the terrible impact of gambling and the power and lack of responsibility the gambling companies take.  Also a great book Tony 10 which I believe is going to be a film soon.  
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic