You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mipo Odubeko

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mipo Odubeko
    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 10:12am
"He'd swim across the sea to play for Ireland".

I hope he's right.

Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 10:17am
Always remember one of his underage coaches here telling me he had an attitude problem. That was just before he left for the UK. Hopefully it was knocked out of him over there
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:07am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Always remember one of his underage coaches here telling me he had an attitude problem. That was just before he left for the UK. Hopefully it was knocked out of him over there

Gimme a break with this nonsense.
Same crap spouted about Obafemi and Connolly and others.

I'd argue that many elite athletes have an 'attitude problem' as they need to be different to the rest of us to get where they are going.
As a striker, he needs to be selfish, greedy and self-centered. More power to him if it gets him to the top.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Gimme a break with this nonsense.
Same crap spouted about Obafemi and Connolly and others.

I'd argue that many elite athletes have an 'attitude problem' as they need to be different to the rest of us to get where they are going.
As a striker, he needs to be selfish, greedy and self-centered. More power to him if it gets him to the top.

what are you sh*tting on about? A pal of mine coached him in the ddsl. He had a terrible attitude. These are bad habits that are hard to shake off. Not going into the details that he shared with me
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:26am
He's probably swim back twice as quick if England came calling!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:54am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

What are guy basing that on? 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:36pm

what are you sh*tting on about? A pal of mine coached him in the ddsl. He had a terrible attitude. These are bad habits that are hard to shake off. Not going into the details that he shared with me

Fair enough and I'm not doubting your story but to make it as a pro in a PL team means he must be doing something right.  Bad attitude or not.

I think we should reserve judgments to when we see him on the pitch.
And, hopefully, in an Ireland jersey if he's good enough.

Edited by Fozz - 23 Jan 2021 at 12:36pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:49pm

Did you see him play in the DDSL? If so, was he the standout player at his age group? It’s weird that he sort of flew under the radar a bit but maybe there was lots of talk about him but I wasn’t aware of it. 
El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

My humorous mood.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

As his names not Murphy.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Did you see him play in the DDSL? If so, was he the standout player at his age group? It’s weird that he sort of flew under the radar a bit but maybe there was lots of talk about him but I wasn’t aware of it. 
Only saw him twice when he played for Crumlin. They weren’t a great side so he wasn’t in it much. They were playing balls into the channels for him. Would be unfair for me to rate him on that!
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 1:42pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 2:59pm

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Only saw him twice when he played for Crumlin. They weren’t a great side so he wasn’t in it much. They were playing balls into the channels for him. Would be unfair for me to rate him on that!

👍
El Puto Amo
Rodgeb View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 5:23pm
Does the Ryan Johansson ruling not mean that a player can only switch to a nation he is eligible for at the time he played for the first country? So for example unless he had a UK or Nigeria passport at the time Odubeko first played u-17 for Ireland he would not have the option to switch?? Saying that there is absolutely nothing to suggest he is considering switching. They  seem to love him already on the West Ham forums, would be great if he lives up to the hype 
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:18pm
Same age group as Troy Parrott I'm pretty sure. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:19pm
The rules have changed since the Johansson thing. Also Odubeko has never played competitively for us.

Basically he could play for England once he has been there for five years - possibly he has been there that long already. 

We just need to call him up to the next under 21 squad, show that we're keen to keep him and hope for the best.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Same age group as Troy Parrott I'm pretty sure. 
correct
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

We just need to call him up to the next under 21 squad, show that we're keen to keep him and hope for the best.

Definitely this.
We may have U21 games in March but if not, the next window is not until next season.
We should find out next week after the draw.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
  Share Topic