Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mipo Odubeko

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 32>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I would agree. He'll play for us, but only because he won't be good enough for either of the other two teams he qualifies for.
Hope he’s told to fcuk off then.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 10:03pm
I still don't get the hoo-ha with him. What's he ever done?

Parrott, Idah and Connolly were banging in goals at under age and under 23's couple of years ago. Means fook all when you're then pitted at the big time.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 12:41am
I agree with the above.
There's no way this lad will play for England.  Look at the talent they have...lads playing 1st team and scoring in top leagues and winning things at young ages.

Mipo is the same (at this stage) as the likes of Parrott, Cassidy (another standout at underage PL level) and behind the likes of Idah (who I fancy to be a real talent for us) and Obafemi.

If he wants to represent Nigeria then that's admirable and more power to him and I wish him well.

If he tries out forn the Three Lions, that's mercenary and I'll be glad he's nowhere near our squads.

For what its worth, I think he'll line out for us again.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 1:15am
Is there any proof that Gold and Sullivan swayed Rice towards playing for England, and are doing same with Odubeko, or are people just making their own assumptions?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 1:29am
Id be letting him call us. Beggjng preferably.
I love beer gardens
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Is there any proof that Gold and Sullivan swayed Rice towards playing for England, and are doing same with Odubeko, or are people just making their own assumptions?
Is it not quite obvious from these quotes?

You have made assumptions on less.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

I agree with the above.
There's no way this lad will play for England.  Look at the talent they have...lads playing 1st team and scoring in top leagues and winning things at young ages.

Mipo is the same (at this stage) as the likes of Parrott, Cassidy (another standout at underage PL level) and behind the likes of Idah (who I fancy to be a real talent for us) and Obafemi.

If he wants to represent Nigeria then that's admirable and more power to him and I wish him well.

If he tries out forn the Three Lions, that's mercenary and I'll be glad he's nowhere near our squads.

For what its worth, I think he'll line out for us again.

Ironically Oko Flex is a good bit closer to the first team then Odubeko looking at the situation now. 

Cassidy was a strange one not seen since December with an injury due back shortly. Still has potential hopefully gets fit and finds a L1/L2 loan again.

Odubeko has potential and may yet come good but similar to Parrott will look like a boy in a mans sport for a few years yet. I doubt he will play for England anytime soon unless it’s the 21s.

Idah is definitely our best prospect as far as getting a real out and out goalscorer even a Pukki,Mitrovic,Bamford,Glen Murray type goalscorer doesn’t have to be Lewandowski at all at international level to hoover up goals. Has finishing instincts you can’t teach. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

To a dense person, maybe.

It's a jingoistic English person calling another English person English on talkSPORT. He didn't say anything about manipulating him into playing for England like he's a James Bond villain.

Rice played for Ireland in another couple of friendly matches (made sure they weren't competitive ones) to increase his profile a bit further a fortnight later, so Gold's devious machinations through the medium of an informal radio interview obviously didn't work.

It was the same when Tim Sherwood was the manager of Villa and Irish fans blamed him for Grealish turning his back on us.

Some people just need a convenient person to blame. Gold and Sullivan are pantomime villains at this stage. If you want to blame someone, blame the adult player who made a calculated decision on his own to play in senior matches that wouldn't tie him to a country because it would boost his profile.

He's not The Manchurian Candidate ffs.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 10:47am

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

To a dense person, maybe.

It's a jingoistic English person calling another English person English on talkSPORT. He didn't say anything about manipulating him into playing for England like he's a James Bond villain.

Rice played for Ireland in another couple of friendly matches (made sure they weren't competitive ones) to increase his profile a bit further a fortnight later, so Gold's devious machinations through the medium of an informal radio interview obviously didn't work.

It was the same when Tim Sherwood was the manager of Villa and Irish fans blamed him for Grealish turning his back on us.

Some people just need a convenient person to blame. Gold and Sullivan are pantomime villains at this stage. If you want to blame someone, blame the adult player who made a calculated decision on his own to play in senior matches that wouldn't tie him to a country because it would boost his profile.

He's not The Manchurian Candidate ffs.

Your question was whether they "swayed Rice towards" England. Nobody here is saying that they tied him to a chair and tortured him until he sang God Save The Queen and rang Southgate confirming his switch. But I think you know this and you are wilfully misreading the post. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the density front. 

The point is that it is potentially another voice in the ear of Mipo, on top of the agent. Would they prefer if he played for England? Yes. Are they hands on owners that are heavily involved and visible in the club's affairs? Yes. Do they have priors on this? It seems like it. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 2:27pm
As expected, nothing that would stand up in court that Gold swayed Rice towards England and is doing same with Odubeko, other than a completely innocuous comment on talkSPORT.

Odubeko turned down a contract extension at Man Utd in order to join West Ham. Everything is a calculated decision from him and his agent in order to make the most money and have the best prospects.

He's almost 19. You'd swear these lads are 13 the way people think their chairmen frogmarch them into their office and try to browbeat them into playing for a certain country.

As I said, there needs to be a target for people to blame. And Gold is a convenient target at West Ham. Sherwood was a convenient target at Villa. Southgate was another one.

Meanwhile lads will continue to get their knickers in a twist every time an eligible player's father or brother (see Rice and Grealish) come on to a forum or do media interviews talking about how they dream of wearing the green and how Irish they are, when they're doing the exact same thing as Odubeko's agent and just looking at optics and positive PR.

Did you get NordVPN to finally block your IP from showing up BTW? LOL This is what, your 5th or 6th profile this year.

When you were posting as O'Shea, you were asserting that Odubeko is Irish simply because he was born in Tallaght. Now that all the evidence shows that he doesn't conform to your extremely basic understanding of nationality, he's being "manipulated" by his devious club chairman.

Keep flip-flopping anyway.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 5:46pm
I'm getting confused now...  which one of you is the "O'Shea" chap who used to post on here all the time, especially re eligible players?  

Or is "O'Shea" gone altogether to join Javier in a chatroom on the up-and-coming youngsters in the Ecuadorian fourth division?  Or did O'Shea get banned?

I assumed "O'Shea" was Hotlips, given his random knowledge about 16 year Costa Rican players with Irish grannies.  But it seems not, if what he says above is true.  Unless he's double-bluffing... Geek
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

I'm getting confused now...  which one of you is the "O'Shea" chap who used to post on here all the time, especially re eligible players?  

Or is "O'Shea" gone altogether to join Javier in a chatroom on the up-and-coming youngsters in the Ecuadorian fourth division?  Or did O'Shea get banned?

I assumed "O'Shea" was Hotlips, given his random knowledge about 16 year Costa Rican players with Irish grannies.  But it seems not, if what he says above is true.  Unless he's double-bluffing... Geek
Alter Ego, bit like some of the eligible players.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 7:00pm

I don't know who the O'Shea chap is. Every time this Hotlips poster talks himself into a corner or I pose a contradiction to one of his over-confident assertions he plays this card. It is quite funny. 

Maybe you are right and it is an elaborate deflection tactic by Hotlips.

Edited by Eoink21 - 25 Jul 2021 at 7:01pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 12:53pm

Eoink used to post as "O'Shea", "4-4-2", "Wes Wanderers", and several other sockpuppet accounts whenever his alter ego got rousted.

I don't blame you for forgetting what O'Shea was like as a poster. He was quite bland and forgettable when he wasn't simping for Harry Arter and defending every granny rule player's motivations to the hilt even when it was obvious to Stevie Wonder that they were/are using us.

His latest guise "Eoink" literally started posting about 24 hours after O'Shea's last ban and continued right on making eerily familiar posts about lads like Odubeko and Arter, so he's clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Thanks for your compliments BTW. If I could compare you to a band, I'd say you're Toploader or Counting Crows.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:44pm
El Puto Amo
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

It’s an article wouldnt read too much into it. The irony is that of the 3 Irish youngsters at West Ham Odubeko is the least likely to make a breakthrough this season to my eyes. Coventry and Oko Flex look arguably the most likely of any West Ham youngsters to breakthrough into the first team if we are leaving out Johnson who’s already “broken through”.

Odubeko is younger then both so time on his side but also goes without saying we don’t know will he end up with us. I doubt he will myself. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 3:38pm
I reckon Okoflex stands a better chance this season. Has certainly shown more in preseason.
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Funny, I read a similar article on the athletic earlier which mentioned a few WH youngsters including Oko Flex but didn’t mention Odubeko. Was thinking he would be put out by it!

Edited by Loc - 09 Aug 2021 at 6:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 32>
  Share Topic