You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summer Friendlies/Training Camp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 44>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 8:27pm
Odubeko will be back when he's older unless he turns out to be absolutely outstanding. Moyes reluctance to play him all year despite a shortage of strikers suggests that he's not.
Sponsored Links

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Presuming the squad for these games will be named next week 

Next Monday, I would have thought, though that would only give them a week before camp starts.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 12:15am
My bet is Randolph won't be in it
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:03am
Matches confirmed for Barcelona and Budapest

Andorra game is a 5pm Irish time KO ffs

Edited by Denis Irwin - 19 May 2021 at 9:04am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:56am
I see the mass calloffs have started already, and the squad isn't even due to be named until next week. Browne, Stevens, O'Dowda, Hendrick, Clark, Brady and Kevin Long not expected to be there. 

Plenty of space opening up for the likes of Scully, Manning, McGrath and others to be brought in hopefully.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:40am
Does Hendrick even play football any more?
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:54am
Hendrick in the squad lastnight and didn't get a game, if he does pull out Kenny can f**k him off anyway. Not sure where these rumours are coming from though.

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 12:44pm
He can pull out all he likes, he won't be missed. Give other lads a chance. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 1:20pm
Where are the rumours of players not being involved coming from?

Also to answer the question above Hendrick came on against Leicester last week but has mostly been warming the bench.

I agree it would be nice to see some of the younger players given a go too

Edited by lassassinblanc - 20 May 2021 at 1:21pm
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I see the mass calloffs have started already, and the squad isn't even due to be named until next week. Browne, Stevens, O'Dowda, Hendrick, Clark, Brady and Kevin Long not expected to be there. 

Plenty of space opening up for the likes of Scully, Manning, McGrath and others to be brought in hopefully.
Are any of the above players really a big miss? Browne and Stevens probably, the rest are likely bench players (at best) going forward.

There is a real opportunity here for Kenny to draw a line in the sand with the older guard here. The perma-crocked Brady and the "what does he even do?" Hendrick are two players in particular that we need to move on from. I hope Kenny doesn't blow this opportunity by relying on the older players who been found so wanting.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Surely we couldn't lose to Andorra, whatever team we put out. 

LOL

Have you blanked Luxembourg from your memory. After that result It'll be a long time before I make presumptions about an Ireland result ahead of the game
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 1:35pm
Hendrick I think has been our best midfielder in the Premier League in terms of goals scored and minutes on the pitch. 10 years ago those stats would put him as one of the worst Irish midfielders. 20 years ago he would be a squad player. 30 years ago he would be a 1-2 capped player at best. 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:03pm

Bet you were saying that about the home match v Luxembourg before it started. LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:04pm
Andorra surely won't have a player who played Champions League football this season.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Andorra surely won't have a player who played Champions League football this season.
Maybe but even so, I'm not going to take anything for granted. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Bet you were saying that about the home match v Luxembourg before it started. LOL
I think Brick said something on the lines that we could drop points before the Lux game Lamp
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I won’t begrudge Kevin long a breather.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Hendrick I think has been our best midfielder in the Premier League in terms of goals scored and minutes on the pitch. 10 years ago those stats would put him as one of the worst Irish midfielders. 20 years ago he would be a squad player. 30 years ago he would be a 1-2 capped player at best. 

This is all very true. But what purpose are you serving making the point? I don't get this type of comment sometimes. Do we have a divine right to better or something? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 44>
  Share Topic