You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summer Friendlies/Training Camp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 44>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Sounds like rubbish. The players can’t even go to Wembley without there being an outbreak in camp; don’t mind the States on a commercial jet. There’s no value to a promoter having us go over there unless there is a crowd and last couple of trips has attracted very small Irish attendees from over there when crowds were permitted
they want bums on seats. Last time the place was filled with Mexican bums, some of them very fine. Money made. 
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

was out in 2019 with wallsy for the Mayo game and in 2017 for the mexico game, Cracking trips. Love NYC. I wouldn’t let whats happening stateside influence my travel plans unless its a complete sh*t show.

Manhattan is a different world to what's happening at the moment.   Sham is right.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Indeed. Brilliant trip last time. We did the dog on it by spending a week in Chicago first before going on to Philadelphia for the first match. Chicago is some spot.
I’ll clarify that im referring to the Mexico game in 2017 in NJ and not the previous tour. Embarrassed 

Ah, right. I forgot about that. Anyway, I'd say June is very doubtful but you might be OK for August
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 1:53pm
Can't see this happening unless things drastically improve. If it did, it like to see Kenny leave the majority of senior players at home and bring a load of the young lads...Kelleher, Collins, Parrot, Knight, etc 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 2:22pm
and maybe have a video showing the history between Mexico and Ireland 😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

and maybe have a video showing the history between Mexico and Ireland 😀😀

😂😂😂😂😂😂
TheMightyQuinn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMightyQuinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 2:59pm
lol only so many times I can watch Aldo blowing a gasket!

If they’re going to NA, might as well come to Toronto and see Alphonso Davies in the flesh!! 
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 12:48pm
We were due to play Austria and someone else in a Friendly last year.

England were also supposed to play Austria in Vienna but that's now going to be played at Wembely.
Wonder if we'd play them in England in a neutral venue.

The dark side.. And the light
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 10:24am
Any further update on this or given the current situation around Covid waves are the FAI leaving it until as late as possible before confirming ? 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 10:37am
With the u21s going to Spain in June for a tournament maybe the seniors will go with them for the training camp also.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 1:57pm
9 day training camp in Spain.

Playing Andorra & Hungary 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

9 day training camp in Spain.

Playing Andorra & Hungary 

What's this then??
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 2:19pm
That would have been a lovely trip!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

That would have been a lovely trip!
A trip to Dublin would be lovely at this stage.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 2:39pm
The first week of September we have three massive games. 

The EFL doesn't start till the 3rd week of September I think. I would suspect match fitness is going to be a massive concern for these games.

We need as many friendlies as possible.
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 3:06pm
The 2021/22 EFL season starts 7 August.
Ask MaGee
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

The 2021/22 EFL season starts 7 August.

Ahh.. defeated by facts again... yes, of course you are right

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 3:20pm
Not that I believe he will get sacked, nor should he, but if he does, it would surely have to be before these games.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 44>
  Share Topic