Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summer Friendlies/Training Camp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 424344
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

They were class saves difficult saves that he made look effortless. Even from Twitter Liverpool fans are blowing a gasket at the rumours he’s going on loan and it’s easy to see why. He’s a fantastic prospect. 

He's always been threatened with loan moves away. He's worked his way up the ranks at Liverpool, all the way up to No. 2. Assuming he stays where he is, even if he's relegated to No. 3, he will play regularly in pre season for Liverpool. If he's now No. 3, he can still play every week for the PL2 team. 

If he still is No. 2 at Liverpool, he would be bonkers to move now, knowing he's just one Alisson issue away from decent game time. That's what Mignolet did, then Alisson got injured 5 days later. Kelleher already has one European Cup winners medal, I'm sure he would rather train with world class players every day and at the stadium on matchday, and wait around to try and win another European medal, than go out to play for a bunch of hoofball level also rans like Bazunu did.

On the game itself, it finished 0-0, there isn't much to say, except we're 3 games unbeaten, while integrating new players into different tactics, formations, and style of play. So it's been a good end to a very difficult term for everyone involved, and gives us something to build on going into the remainder of the qualifying campaign. 
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Just butting in a minute guys to say I was delighted you got a win vs Andorra. I also thought you were the better team and unfortunate not to get a win vs Hungary.

From this outsiders' perspective, your style of football looked good to watch. It will get better as the players get more and more used to it. You also have a number of exciting young prospects who should be damaging other teams for you in the few years. I wouldn't be too pessimistic about the future, there is plenty for Ireland to be optimistic about.

Wishing YBIG all the best for the future Cool

ET

Cheers ET outside perspective much appreciated Clap

Best of luck in the Euros especially against those Sassanach ****s next Fri Thumbs Up 
Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 4:55pm
Best of luck to The Scots. Will be backing them from afar
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 5:05pm
How can Irish people hate England but support Scotland and Wales? I'll never understand it.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

How can Irish people hate England but support Scotland and Wales? I'll never understand it.

The whole Scotland thing confuses me. It's a one-way love affair. A large amount of their population are, at best, indifferent about us. You barely ever see Scottish people holidaying or moving to Ireland, yet travel and emigration from here to Scotland is always high - despite Scotland being even more miserable in terms of weather.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 5:15pm
I'd never support Wales. 

Their attitude and behavior after we beat them to knock them out of WC and then that scumbag Taylor breaking Coleman's leg is enough for me not to support them.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'd never support Wales. 

Their attitude and behavior after we beat them to knock them out of WC and then that scumbag Taylor breaking Coleman's leg is enough for me not to support them.

Tell you what, I'd pick a Scottish accent over a Welsh accent on a woman any day. Natalie Robb from Emmerdale. Heart
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 5:20pm
In fact, I think there is significant animosity between us and Wales after the 2017 games? The sheer arrogance and complacency going into the second game made the win all the more satisfactory. I'm very curious about them, as I like their setup, and I think they have some excellent players, but I wouldn't think there is much love between us an Wales.

I'd also get the vibe that we are totally indifferent to Scotland. Fans like ET who appears from time to time here would certainly make you a well wisher for their cause, and I also get the vibe that it is an area independent of the Old Firm. But I doubt there will be many Irish fans supporting Scotland with much fanaticism.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I'd never support Wales. 

Tell you what, I'd pick a Scottish accent over a Welsh accent on a woman any day. Natalie Robb from Emmerdale. Heart

In fairness, I'd be open to supporting them if Katherine Jenkins was tonguing my sack.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:58pm

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I'd never support Wales. 

In fairness, I'd be open to supporting them if Katherine Jenkins was tonguing my sack.
British army sweetheart IIRC 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Just butting in a minute guys to say I was delighted you got a win vs Andorra. I also thought you were the better team and unfortunate not to get a win vs Hungary.

From this outsiders' perspective, your style of football looked good to watch. It will get better as the players get more and more used to it. You also have a number of exciting young prospects who should be damaging other teams for you in the few years. I wouldn't be too pessimistic about the future, there is plenty for Ireland to be optimistic about.

Wishing YBIG all the best for the future Cool

ET

Good man  ET enjoy the tournament  though I must admit if I had to miss one it’s this one between 2 games at ‘home’ and Covid restrictions 

Edited by Newryrep - 11 Jun 2021 at 10:07pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 424344
  Share Topic