You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 113>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 1:24am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Well both teams are a heap of sh*te anyway so don't get too worried about it
Confused

Sorry Mark, didn't mean to make you jealous.

They're all a heap of sh*te in connaught 
ConfusedConfused
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 1:39am
NY through on penalties Clap
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 1:40am
New York Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
conorbcmx View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conorbcmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 1:53am
Brilliant win. Great to see
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 1:58am
I watched it . Great entertainment. NY better team but the football was dire. Now imagine Leitrim winning this, beating Sligo next which gaurentees them a place on the All Ireland series... just goes to show what a crap system it is. Also by the way the NY keeper should have been pulled up for the first two he saved in shootout. So far off his line 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 2:04am
Don't think Leitrim would have beaten sligo but yes, it's an absurd system

Feel for Leitrim this eve. Hope they can have a good run in the Tailteann Cup
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 2:20am
Sligo would have beaten Leitrim. They will beat New York handy enough. Hopefully they have a good go at whoever it is between Mayo or Galway prob. They are a team on the up. Very fit side and well capable of scoring. 
I love beer gardens
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 7:59am
Great to see New York finally get the win after 25 years back in the Championship. They've had a few near misses against Sligo, Leitrim and Roscommon down the years, but Leitrim were always likely to be their best bet for a win.

Presumably they will have to travel to Ireland now to play Sligo without half their team who are no doubt living over there illegally. LOL
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 8:42am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Great to see New York finally get the win after 25 years back in the Championship. They've had a few near misses against Sligo, Leitrim and Roscommon down the years, but Leitrim were always likely to be their best bet for a win.

Presumably they will have to travel to Ireland now to play Sligo without half their team who are no doubt living over there illegally. LOL

Apparently that's long out the window these days 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 2:21pm
Diaspora is a huge part of the GAA obviously, so it's great to se NY finally get the win. You could see at the final whistle what it meant to everyone. That's why they (and London) deserve to be in the championship despite the logistical nightmare involved. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 2:39pm
Its not as big a surprise as the media like to make out. Leitrim are a very average side. They have one plan and one plan only kick it in long to Keith Beirne and hope it sticks. If this dosent come off they have no plan B whatsoever. 
I love beer gardens
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Diaspora is a huge part of the GAA obviously, so it's great to se NY finally get the win. You could see at the final whistle what it meant to everyone. That's why they (and London) deserve to be in the championship despite the logistical nightmare involved. 

Bad timing this year with Easter but London's championship game at Ruislip is always one of the best days out of the year. 
@AntrimMan85
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Its not as big a surprise as the media like to make out. Leitrim are a very average side. They have one plan and one plan only kick it in long to Keith Beirne and hope it sticks. If this dosent come off they have no plan B whatsoever. 

It's not even remotely a surprise to be honest. New York target it every 5 years and get plenty of recruits on board. There probably more money behind the New York team than the Leitrim one 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 3:16pm
Are there any English or American lads playing for London or NYC?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

London have had a right few English born lads for a while now. Some of their better players as well, guys like Liam Gavigan.

NY had at least one US born.
@AntrimMan85
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 3:20pm

NY born lad scored the winning peno last night 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

London have had a right few English born lads for a while now. Some of their better players as well, guys like Liam Gavigan.

NY had at least one US born.

Think they've had 5/6 american born. Big investment at underage level over there apparently. Presumably like London, all from the diaspora. Haven't heard of someone who's randomly picked it up and got Inter County level.

The logistics for this would definitely never work, a county team from Australia would do well. GAA is thriving over there, arguably more than London and New York 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 5:31pm
It's a close call between the Mayo GAA team and Irish Rugby team as the biggest bottlers in Irish sport 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 113>
  Share Topic