You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 106>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

as if things in donegal couldn't get any worse the word is coming out that apparently paddy Carr has resigned as manager 

now officially confirmed by donegal County board 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 3:45pm

as if things in donegal couldn't get any worse the word is coming out that apparently paddy Carr has resigned as manager 

Something very wrong up there
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 12:30am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Something very wrong up there
This will give you a brief insight to the mess that is donegal gaa at the minute

https://www.donegallive.ie/news/gaa/1067969/comment-piece-donegal-debacle-shows-that-silence-proves-anything-but-golden.html#.ZBtdEOvvww8.twitter
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 9:47am
Cheers RB. Roscommon -3 backed for the weekend.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 10:20am
the ego trips in Donegal county board are absolutely insane, can't get out of their own way

it's been like this for as long as I remember but I thought we may have turned a corner after 2012 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 11:41am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Cheers RB. Roscommon -3 backed for the weekend.

I'm bringing the boots to the hyde incase they need me to together out LOL
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

the ego trips in Donegal county board are absolutely insane, can't get out of their own way

it's been like this for as long as I remember but I thought we may have turned a corner after 2012 

Absolute sh*tshow! 
Idah Dream!
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 1:52pm
Sounds similar to the problems Down had last year under James McCartan - and even he took the job reluctantly at the last minute when the county board couldn't get anyone else.

Thankfully the CB then got Conor Laverty appointed good and early once JMcC stood down at the end of a disastrous season and we've already seen improvements (even though we've missed out on promotion to Division 2).
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Sounds similar to the problems Down had last year under James McCartan - and even he took the job reluctantly at the last minute when the county board couldn't get anyone else.

Thankfully the CB then got Conor Laverty appointed good and early once JMcC stood down at the end of a disastrous season and we've already seen improvements (even though we've missed out on promotion to Division 2).

The issues in donegal go way beyond the managerial decision certain members of the county board want to run the thing like North Korea where no one has the right to question anything they do 
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 4:06pm
[QUOTE=sausy]Cheers RB. Roscommon -3 backed for the weekend.[/QUOTE
]

Great point.

I'll go 4/11 for the win.

Safe bet surely 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 3:16pm
Cluxton back for Dublin Clap
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I actually thought he had retired. How long has it been now since he last played?
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Great to see him back, but you'd have to wonder if it was a one-off thing. I recall John O'Leary being on the bench for a LSF QF in 2001 (four years after he stopped playing IC football), ironically Cluxton's Championship debut. When Davy Byrne was fit and ready again, he took over the starting role, and Cluxton moved to the bench.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 7:20pm
What's the point of league finals anyway? You top your Division you should be champions of that division. A bit daft coming second and end up losing and eh the 2nd team are champions? No sense. Not needed IMO
I love beer gardens
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

What's the point of league finals anyway? You top your Division you should be champions of that division. A bit daft coming second and end up losing and eh the 2nd team are champions? No sense. Not needed IMO

The fans from Fermanagh, Wicklow and Sligo may disagree. Not often they play at Croker. I would say they will enjoy it immensely.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 3:02pm
You'd think Mayo and Galway would use the home and away rule. Better than having to go to Dublin.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

The fans from Fermanagh, Wicklow and Sligo may disagree. Not often they play at Croker. I would say they will enjoy it immensely.

Yep, I'm looking forward to Saturday now, rarely see Wicklow there. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 3:17pm
Yeah would have been class on Saturday night in a regional ground and nearly sold out, but sure, back up to a half empty Croke Park it is.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 106>
  Share Topic