You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 106>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 12:51pm
Definitely not playing as well this year but that was always going to be the case with a good few walking away. I've no concerns over our forward line with the likes of Costello, Kilkenny, Scully, O'Callaghan and Rock still there. The backline obviously isn't going to be the same now that Cluxton isn't there and that was always going to be case give how he marshalled it.

Wouldn't have thought Dublin would be 4/11 to beat Mayo given they seem to be much better form, however if Mayo have a repeat of the first 35 min against Galway the next day (or against Kerry if both win) then game could be over by half time given the forward lines on both teams.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 12:57pm
If Kildare had a few more Daniel Flynn's they might have got a bit closer to the Dubs, you could see he was causing them all sorts of trouble every time he got the ball, i think Mayo with their attacking threat will cause serious trouble for the dubs but i can't see them winning.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 2:16pm
Mayo without Cillian is a massively diffeent prospect. The amount of scores he gets is incredible, the amount he sets up is equally as incredible. So it's hard to see us turning anyone over from here. 

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 2:18pm
All that being said, Mayo's transition has been massively impressive. I really wasn't sure that blitz was still in us, but after what we did to Galway in the second half, it looks like that has been sustained. Incredible when you consider the amount of youth it there and the amount of the spine of the team we lost over this last 12 months.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 2:23pm
I think Mayo can beat Dublin, but Kerry look head and shoulders above everyone at the minute
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 2:40pm
Think Mayo have benefited from the retirements last year as it’s given younger players a chance now. Even the media circus with some of them retiring was a bit too much. Agree with a previous poster Mayo could well beat Dublin like they did in 2006 and 2012 and then disappoint in the final.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 2:54pm
It's good for those players absolutely. But would Mayo be stronger with David Clarke, Chris Barrett and Keith Higgins?

Absolutely 100% yes
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 3:08pm
Dublin v Mayo Mens and Ladies semis to be a double header in Croker
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

All that being said, Mayo's transition has been massively impressive. I really wasn't sure that blitz was still in us, but after what we did to Galway in the second half, it looks like that has been sustained. Incredible when you consider the amount of youth it there and the amount of the spine of the team we lost over this last 12 months.

Was needed big time IMO. I was critical of Mayo for not introducing more young players over the past decade. Might have been done out of necessity over the last 18 months but definitely seems to have sparked more life in the team across the pitch.  
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Was needed big time IMO. I was critical of Mayo for not introducing more young players over the past decade. Might have been done out of necessity over the last 18 months but definitely seems to have sparked more life in the team across the pitch.  

In fairness, the 2016 U21 and the U20s from 2 years ago are the teams that were expected to have breakthrough players, and that's where they have come from. 
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 3:25pm
Any idea when tickets go on sale? It's going to be utter carnage trying to get one.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 3:26pm
Club only I'd say wallsy. Feeding off scraps then. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 3:26pm

Can imagine this will be the case.
Assuming they will only be sold in pods also as they have been up until now. 

Edited by Borussia - 04 Aug 2021 at 3:27pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 3:37pm
Young and new players often play without the fear of past problems. If Mayo were still relying on the bulk of the team from 2017 I'd back Dublin to win. But this is different.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 4:32pm
I'm expecting a close game. Dublin have done enough so far to keep competition in Leinster at a comfortable distance without racking up the scores we're used to. Meath definitely gave them a scare in the 2nd half but don't think Dublin were ever at risk of losing. Ignoring Mayo's first couple of games and Galway showed up their defence in the first half before being destroyed completely in the second half. 

I'm hoping for a great game but could anything can happen with Dublin v Mayo as we've seen before.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 5:10pm
Mayo's defence for the two Galway goals was shocking. Dublin will punish them severely. 

Mayo will be doing well to only concede one goal to them imo. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 5:44pm
The matches in recent years have always been close and no reason to believe this SF will be any different.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 2:51pm

I got Cork/Kilkenny tickets today for the hurling, back to the nightmare of of 5 hours on the portal refreshing. They might have the football up next week when/if there's retuns from clubs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 106>
  Share Topic