You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 111>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 11:31pm
Dive by McManus for the free to put them one up in injury time

Was some game. Armagh lost possession three times with hand passes in the last 8 minutes when on the attack which cost them 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Monaghan U-20 captain killed in a car crash on his way home after beating Donegal in last night's semi

RIP

I dont know why, but this has really stuck a chord with me today beyond the obvious of a young lad losing his life tragically. I've no connection to monaghan. But when I read the news this morning I got a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach and its been on my mind all day. 

Very very sad.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 9:45am
Shame to see mcmanus diving for the winner but a bigger shame the ref fell for it. I'd love it he gave a free out and booked him.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 6:37pm
Poorest half of football I have seen from Dublin in the championship since 2014. Very devoid of thought, and seemed relieved to revert to squeezing the game, as they have done in major matches in the past. Although the bench kept getting referenced, missing Cluxton, Mannion, Small, McCaffrey, McCauley, McManamon, adding to the departures since 2019 is taking its toll, especially when it has come to accelerating in games.

On paper it reads as a six point win, but it was flattering.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 3:55pm
Dessie Dolan sweet f**king Jesus LOL

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 3:58pm

What’s the problem? He looks fine 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 5:42pm
The Kingdom are back.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 6:54am

yacht club shorts and flippers LOL
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 11:27am
Tyrone defeating Monaghan in a big knockout game-feels like groundhog day
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 11:56am
Just about did enough Tyrone
Was an exciting game, some great scores taken, but also a lot of errors and turnovers. 
At half time you'd have said that Tyrone would trouble Kerry but at full time its hard to see anything other than a Kerry win. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 5:10pm
A little spark from Dublin yesterday. Certainly superior to the second half against Meath, and I thought there was obviously moments when the decision making was just that cut above (Scully calling a mark in the second half to help Dublin move out to five points).

I still think Kerry will generally be favourites, but this often discussed 'Dublin Decline' is perhaps hyped a little. The bench is undoubtedly less deep, but the team on the pitch is still handling matches well. Kildare had men behind the ball at most points, and Dublin still scored 20.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 4:08pm
Do Dublin still have more players to return?

I'd imagine Dublin took leinster for granted and have tailered their training to peak for the semi final. Wouldn't be surprised if they beat Mayo by 6+.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 9:30am
I'm not sure really, don't think this Dublin team is up to the levels of the past. Big players like McCaffrey and Cluxton gone, bench looking very weak, players like McCarthy way past their prime. I think they'll be beaten this eyar.

Funny feeling Mayo will knock them out, only for Mayo to be beaten by Kerry in the final
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I'm not sure really, don't think this Dublin team is up to the levels of the past. Big players like McCaffrey and Cluxton gone, bench looking very weak, players like McCarthy way past their prime. I think they'll be beaten this eyar.

Funny feeling Mayo will knock them out, only for Mayo to be beaten by Kerry in the final
Poor Mayo LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 9:52am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Do Dublin still have more players to return?

I'd imagine Dublin took leinster for granted and have tailered their training to peak for the semi final. Wouldn't be surprised if they beat Mayo by 6+.

Robbie McDaid is the only one I can think of off the top of my head, and potentially Kevin McManamon. There has been a huge change in players over the past 18 months, most obviously around the forwards, but as Shedite says, Cluxton, and McCaffrey are huge losses. I would add Paul Mannion to that list too.

The bench isn't nearly as deep as it once was. But what interests me is that I think in Leinster teams set-up not to be beaten by Dublin, and as a result stifled them getting inside. The one concern being the second half against Meath where Dublin scored something like three points in regulation time.

Mayo will be a lot more fluid in the way they play, and attack minded, but that will open things up for Dublin a bit more too, and what is forgotten is that Dublins wins have just been by sub 10 in Leinster. Its not as though the games have been especially close.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 10:39am
Seems like a bit or transition alright. It would probably be damaging long term if this Dublin team in transition still went and won the thing.  

I'd looks like a Kerry championship year
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 11:26am
Interesting that Dublin contested but lost both the U20 and minor Leinster titles this year. A more damning stat is that in both of those games they only managed to score 3 points over the 60 minutes.
There must be a lack of scoring forwards coming through
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 12:30pm
PP have Kerry as slight favourites over Dublin to win the AI with both Mayo and Tyrone as relative outsiders.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 111>
  Share Topic