You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 106>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 9:25am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Let's be realistic though Louths chance of winning went when Kildare lost in the semi final. Me giving out about referring decisions and all that is more to do with the end result. It's the difference between Louth losing by 10 or 20. It's just crazy that nobody in Leinster ever gets a referee overall in their favour when they've no chance of winning anyway.

Dublin were always likely to beat Louth. I get that. I also felt the margin of defeat didnt reflect the way Louth played. But I'm not sure referring decisions were the difference between a 10/20 margin. Louth actually made two fine goal bound stops in the last 8 minutes, and the keeper was unlucky with the 5th goal which actually took it to a 20+ point margin.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2023 at 4:32pm
Mcbearty named on the bench for us for Sundays game against derry good to have him back to add much needed experience to the squad 

Still not convinced on donegal after watching them all year but from all reports the 2nd half against clare was a marked improvement. Same be needed Sunday against derry. Should be cracking day in ballybofey for it 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2023 at 1:19pm
Watching the Down Meath game on GAA Go
It’s a very poor service, seem to only have one camera at the side of the pitch which it’s hard to make out any players from, no other angles or replays.
Are all games like this?
Not worth £12.99 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2023 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It’s a very poor service, seem to only have one camera at the side of the pitch which it’s hard to make out any players from, no other angles or replays.
Are all games like this?
Not worth £12.99 

I'm hoping to watch the Cork v Kerry match in Bundoran on the same channel I hope the coverage is better!
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2023 at 1:32pm

Are all games like this?
Not worth £12.99 

Only some of the matches they show get full media production id say majority of the tailteann cup games get basic production similar to watch loi 1st division games get 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2023 at 6:36pm
Dublin excellent. A good response after Roscommon. 20 points from play, and 0-22 return is excellent. Few worrying injuries.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 1:54pm

Are all games like this?
Not worth £12.99 
Seen a bit of that last night, whatever about the quality of the TV coverage, the pitch in Parnell Park was a disgrace. One of the goalmouths was like a sand pit, players and management very badly let down for the commitment and effort they pit in. These subsidiary competitions seem very underwhelming with very low attendances.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Are all games like this?
Not worth £12.99 
Seen a bit of that last night, whatever about the quality of the TV coverage, the pitch in Parnell Park was a disgrace. One of the goalmouths was like a sand pit, players and management very badly let down for the commitment and effort they pit in. These subsidiary competitions seem very underwhelming with very low attendances.
Also, bare patches on the pitch at Healy Park in Omagh for Tyrone v Armagh yesterday and at McHale Park in Castlebar for Mayo v Louth atm.

Edited by ConorMac77 - 04 Jun 2023 at 2:24pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 2:43pm
GAAGO very clearly using Association Football crowd sounds in the HT montages where people send in their pics from around the world LOL
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 9:44am
Given the crowds at most of the games over the weekend I think we can call the new group stages a failure. Pointless amount of extra games added. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 9:48am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Given the crowds at most of the games over the weekend I think we can call the new group stages a failure. Pointless amount of extra games added. 

I think the overall structure is a failure. Provincial championships also mean nothing now also (should be scrapped in my opinion). 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I think the overall structure is a failure. Provincial championships also mean nothing now also (should be scrapped in my opinion). 

Provincial championships should replace the pre-season O'Byrne Cup, FBD League etc competitions. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 10:04am
As much as I enjoyed the feast of football at the weekend, its hard not to look at the empty terraces, and the tight results between teams that are usually miles apart, and not feel that the interest isn't there for these games.

I'm not sure why the format is under such constant scrutiny and subject to so much change.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

As much as I enjoyed the feast of football at the weekend, its hard not to look at the empty terraces, and the tight results between teams that are usually miles apart, and not feel that the interest isn't there for these games.

I'm not sure why the format is under such constant scrutiny and subject to so much change.

It needed to change. The reason it's changing so much is that the GAA is a conservative organisation so you'll never get something through in one go that would actually fix this. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 10:17am

It is a funny one, why they look to make so many changes all the time to the sport itself and/or formats.
One bad possession game and they want to start changing rules like time clock or no pass back to keeper.
But how many dire soccer games have we watched? You are allowed to get the odd bad game, especially in earlier rounds.

Edited by t_rAndy - 06 Jun 2023 at 10:32am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 10:24am

It needed to change. The reason it's changing so much is that the GAA is a conservative organisation so you'll never get something through in one go that would actually fix this. 

Funny, I always struggled to agree with the armchair rationale that brought in the 'back-door' system in 2001 i.e. the unfairness of an exit after one defeat. The club and county debate is guiding it too, hence the changes in the timings for finals etc.

I'm open to certain rule changes, but again, they seem always to be overly broad.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 10:26am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

It is a funny one, why they look to make so many changes all the time to the sport itself and/or formats.
One bad possession game and they want to start changing rules like time clock or no pass back to keeper.
But how many dire soccer games have we watched? You get the odd bad game

Agree with that. I think around 2011 there was perhaps an air that weaker teams might start playing total football like the great Tyrone teams of the 2000's, but merge it with the hyper defence of Donegal, and perhaps go a little further in putting men behind the ball. The AI Semi between Dublin and Donegal probably sticks out.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 10:33am

Funny, I always struggled to agree with the armchair rationale that brought in the 'back-door' system in 2001 i.e. the unfairness of an exit after one defeat. The club and county debate is guiding it too, hence the changes in the timings for finals etc.

I'm open to certain rule changes, but again, they seem always to be overly broad.
You couldn't have lads training 4/5 times a week for 6+ months and only getting one game. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 106>
  Share Topic