You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 106>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Kildare All Ireland U20 champions again Clap Feel for the Sligo keeper who gifted us the game late on with two howlers.

f**k all pubs in Cavan open at 12.30 on match day Thumbs Down
Hopefully Kildare can push on from this and get a win over Dublin in Leinster.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 9:44am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Kildare All Ireland U20 champions again Clap Feel for the Sligo keeper who gifted us the game late on with two howlers.

f**k all pubs in Cavan open at 12.30 on match day Thumbs Down
Hopefully Kildare can push on from this and get a win over Dublin in Leinster.

We won the All Ireland U20 in 2018 and only a couple of players made the step up to the senior squad so unfortunately winning at underage doesn't guarantee success at senior level.

Really should have beaten the Dubs in Croker this year....
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 2:09pm
The GAA need Dublin to beat Louth today. They need a return on their investment. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 2:17pm

The GAA need Dublin to beat Louth today. They need a return on their investment. 

Come up with that one by yourself?

Farrell has taken no chances, and on paper that’s the strongest team available.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Come up with that one by yourself?

Farrell has taken no chances, and on paper that’s the strongest team available.
I mean game over at half time and the ref still not giving Louth clear cut frees while Dublin get a few gifts. It's just ingrained into the referees. They know what they need to do to keep getting the big gigs. 

The sad part is the damage these results will do to teams like Louth. Another year or two of these Dublin hammerings and the novelty of a Leinster final will wear off for Louth and they'll be back to the doldrums. There won't be a multi million yearly package from the GAA to "save" them either.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 3:08pm
Another home win for the Dubs ...
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 3:13pm
Louth gets a chance of a goal and the ref conveniently forgets the advantage rule πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

They don't even hide it anymore. Some farce the Leinster championship. I just hope this carry on doesn't ruin the All Ireland Series.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 3:15pm

Louth gets a chance of a goal and the ref conveniently forgets the advantage rule πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

They don't even hide it anymore. Some farce the Leinster championship. I just hope this carry on doesn't ruin the All Ireland Series.

The whistle was being sounded from the moment of contact. Scoreline totally unjust on Louth though. They have really stuck to their game here.

Edited by Het-field - 14 May 2023 at 3:17pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 3:25pm

The whistle was being sounded from the moment of contact. Scoreline totally unjust on Louth though. They have really stuck to their game here.
This result will do massive damage to them. Friend of mine from Dundalk said they were basically committing to training like they were professionals. How will they keep motivating themselves year on year when you have to play an amazing Dublin team who don't need extra advantages but will get them anyway. 

The only hope for redemption is a good showing in the all Ireland Series but morale will be gone to the dogs. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 3:30pm

This result will do massive damage to them. Friend of mine from Dundalk said they were basically committing to training like they were professionals. How will they keep motivating themselves year on year when you have to play an amazing Dublin team who don't need extra advantages but will get them anyway. 

The only hope for redemption is a good showing in the all Ireland Series but morale will be gone to the dogs. 

Its about sticking to the job. I would note that the starting line up was as close to 'Dublin's Greatest Hits' as we've had since the 6th All Ireland title was secured. Even the most misty-eyed Dublin fan would clearly see that as suggestion that the 'conveyor belt' has stopped. Mannion on the cusp of turning 30, Cluxton back in goal, Rock looking a little greyer. McCarthy and Fenton in the midfield. Its visible all over the pitch.

That being said, Sharkey was fantastic in middle for Louth, and Sam Mulroy put up double figures in terms of scoring. Harte also had a system to actually try and play the Dubs, and if it was Dublin from 2021 or 2022, it may have been a much closer game.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 3:36pm

Its about sticking to the job. I would note that the starting line up was as close to 'Dublin's Greatest Hits' as we've had since the 6th All Ireland title was secured. Even the most misty-eyed Dublin fan would clearly see that as suggestion that the 'conveyor belt' has stopped. Mannion on the cusp of turning 30, Cluxton back in goal, Rock looking a little greyer. McCarthy and Fenton in the midfield. Its visible all over the pitch.

That being said, Sharkey was fantastic in middle for Louth, and Sam Mulroy put up double figures in terms of scoring. Harte also had a system to actually try and play the Dubs, and if it was Dublin from 2021 or 2022, it may have been a much closer game.
Let's be realistic though Louths chance of winning went when Kildare lost in the semi final. Me giving out about referring decisions and all that is more to do with the end result. It's the difference between Louth losing by 10 or 20. It's just crazy that nobody in Leinster ever gets a referee overall in their favour when they've no chance of winning anyway.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 4:03pm
Serious colour clash for the Ulster final. Is it exaggerated on the TV?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 4:05pm
Yeah, cant see why or how Derry cant wear their home kit
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 5:01pm

I heard the dubs insisted that Derry wear red.

Edited by Saint Tom - 14 May 2023 at 5:02pm
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Bit of an argument I heard, some Dubs wanted Derry in Red and some wanted them in white to split them.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Penalty to Dublin for that Rogers pulldown. Ulster a good reminder of what Leinster would be if Dublin weren't the poster boys for the GAA. What a match.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 5:55pm

Unbelievable. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 6:32pm
Do they need to move penos up even closer? πŸ˜‚

Good luck scrapping provincials after that! Especially when the All Ireland will probably have a fair few sh*te group matches.

Edited by eireland - 14 May 2023 at 6:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 106>
  Share Topic