You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 106>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 10:16pm
Offaly football manager, Liam Kearns has died. RIP
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 2:20pm
must win game for donegal in Ballybofey today lose and it all but confirms our drop to division 2. Not overly confident but hopefully they can produce another big performance in Ballybofey 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:27pm
Kaput! 
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:30pm
Jesus Donegal are in serious bother

Delighted to be in a league final 

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

very impressed with mayo today but didn't have much of a challenge facing them from us. We are in a bad bad way worst I can remember for a long time 

Things are bad in the county overall the board is in disarray and we need a full clear out in order to get it back on track. Whenever you have an interview panel selecting a manager and 2 of them end up on the backroom team you know things are in a bad bad way (as someone who experienced the fai under delaney can see some similarities in whats going on with the current board)
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:53pm
Mayo were miles ahead, really disappointed with the 2nd half from our POV, needed to come out swinging and just let Mayo dictate it. I thought we did alright for 20-25ish minutes, some poor shots but generally ok play and there was only a point or two in it. But from there on, really bad. From a Mayo POV I'm sure they won't read too much into it as generally have had our number over the years since 2012 but they look in good nick physically. 

It's more of what I expect for the year now, the injuries are just piling up and the young fellas are so raw, it's hard on them. They look bereft of any form of confidence as well, I dunno. With all the sh*te in the background with the county board, the academy and the whole farce with Lacey and McGuinness etc, it's a tough spot. 

County board in Donegal have been cowboys for as long as I remember but it's gone another level now 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 8:28pm
We haven't gone away you know
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Their Ladies team ha e gone to pot too. They were decent last year.

Something gone wrong 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 10:50pm
Donegal have lost Murphy, Lacey, McGee and a few McHughs in recent years 
Their only other player with a bit of X Factor about him is McBrearty who’s now injured 
Hard to replace that talent, and they haven’t managed it yet with what’s come through 
It’s no real surprise that they’ve been relegated based on their playing pool alone. Division 1 is tough and unforgiving, beating Kerry first day out but still being relegated with a game to spare 

Never worry, you haven’t much to beat in the first round or Ulster 
Down still aren’t near it 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Their only other player with a bit of X Factor about him is McBrearty who’s now injured 
Hard to replace that talent, and they haven’t managed it yet with what’s come through 
It’s no real surprise that they’ve been relegated based on their playing pool alone. Division 1 is tough and unforgiving, beating Kerry first day out but still being relegated with a game to spare 

yeah I feel for Paddy Carr with the injuries in losing Ryan McHugh and McBrearty, as well as the likes of Langan and Thompson only coming back from injury. Plus the O'Donnells, I'm not really sure what's happening there but the whole county is in turmoil at the min so there are rumours everywhere. 

In all honesty I would be worried about that first game against Down if we don't bounce back and look a bit better against Roscommon. The atmosphere around the county is bad at the min and I can't blame the players if that seeps into camp. It's really tough on them and Paddy Carr. 

I would not fancy us against Armagh or Cavan either if we do get over the line against Down but there is talent in Donegal in spite of losing all those big names over the last while, but I have a feeling we may be going back to a "nice team who get the odd scalp but when the chips are down they'll fold" 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 10:31am
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

yeah I feel for Paddy Carr with the injuries in losing Ryan McHugh and McBrearty, as well as the likes of Langan and Thompson only coming back from injury. Plus the O'Donnells, I'm not really sure what's happening there but the whole county is in turmoil at the min so there are rumours everywhere. 

In all honesty I would be worried about that first game against Down if we don't bounce back and look a bit better against Roscommon. The atmosphere around the county is bad at the min and I can't blame the players if that seeps into camp. It's really tough on them and Paddy Carr. 

I would not fancy us against Armagh or Cavan either if we do get over the line against Down but there is talent in Donegal in spite of losing all those big names over the last while, but I have a feeling we may be going back to a "nice team who get the odd scalp but when the chips are down they'll fold" 

I think it will be close but Donegal will win. I think its a tad too early for Down, who are restructuring (and have a lot of Kilcoo players back) to be playing Donegal in the championship. I hope I am wrong of course
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 12:51pm
The adverts say "advance" tickets for League matches. Might go to Croker on Sunday depending on family meetups.
Anyone know if you can still buy a ticket on match day ?
If yes, are there are sales points close to Croker?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

The adverts say "advance" tickets for League matches. Might go to Croker on Sunday depending on family meetups.
You can still buy them on your phone on matchday. No more cash at the gates
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 8:58pm

You’ll be able to buy tickets for the championship from local Super Valu and Centra outlets nationwide.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 9:00pm
Why not just buy it online. 
I love beer gardens
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I can't be really bothered to create an account to get a ticket.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 10:26pm

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I can't be really bothered to create an account to get a ticket.

Ok
I love beer gardens
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 3:01pm
as if things in donegal couldn't get any worse the word is coming out that apparently paddy Carr has resigned as manager 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 106>
  Share Topic