You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 106>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 8:58am
Wide open All Ireland and for that reason I wouldn't be betting on anyone.

Everyone (including Dublin, Kerry) have very little depth so any injuries in the modern season will be curtains for them
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Derry 12 to 1 is a great bet
Chances of Derry winning the AI are probably closer to 30 to 1.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 2:16pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Its Mayo's year i think

Armagh are not far away either. Can be got for 20s.

Its wide open

Louth for Leinster?

Very left field option is  Cork. Serious improvement 

Cavan will beat them in Ulster
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Its Mayo's year i think

Its wide open

Louth for Leinster?

Wager a bet on that?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:03pm

Its Mayo's year i think

Its wide open

Louth for Leinster?

Wager a bet on that?

what odds are ya giving me LOL
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:09pm

Its Mayo's year i think

Its wide open

Louth for Leinster?

Wager a bet on that?

what odds are ya giving me LOL

They'll be long odds with powers to beat armagh anyway. I couldn't beat that.

Cavan are a very ordinary team. Armagh are a proper outfit
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:56pm
Dont think there's much between the Div 1 teams, Dublin and Derry in the mix also. Come Championship time, I'd still expect Kerry at full strength to be difficult to beat again, but it's wide open outside that, Dublin still look vulnerable. I'd be tempted to pick a couple of teams at 20 to 1 or bigger - Donegal might go well at a big price!
Idah Dream!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:58pm
think there's a fair amount of overrating of Armagh going on round the country myself. Rian O'Neill is one of the top players in the game so that gives them a good chance in most games but outside of that I don't rate them very highly. 

Cavan raise their game come championship and waiting for Armagh at home in Breffni for first round of the championship... They will be targeting Ulster big time as well to avoid the Tailteann Cup this summer if they can. They won't be favourites or anything but really wouldn't surprise me to see them win. 

Could be that I'm underrating Armagh but until they prove me wrong I just won't be convinced by them. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Dont think there's much between the Div 1 teams, Dublin and Derry in the mix also. Come Championship time, I'd still expect Kerry at full strength to be difficult to beat again, but it's wide open outside that, Dublin still look vulnerable. I'd be tempted to pick a couple of teams at 20 to 1 or bigger - Donegal might go well at a big price!

ha thanks John but save your money! Obviously without Murphy but especially with McBrearty's injury now we're a couple levels below last year. Plenty of analysts and commentators hate our style but I genuinely think attack is our biggest problem. If you look at the scores across the league so far, outside of the Monaghan game we've been tight enough at the back. But not scoring anywhere near enough Bit of a crossroads for Donegal football at the minute after most successful period in our history 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 4:21pm

ha thanks John but save your money! Obviously without Murphy but especially with McBrearty's injury now we're a couple levels below last year. Plenty of analysts and commentators hate our style but I genuinely think attack is our biggest problem. If you look at the scores across the league so far, outside of the Monaghan game we've been tight enough at the back. But not scoring anywhere near enough Bit of a crossroads for Donegal football at the minute after most successful period in our history 

I was led to believe Paddy would be back for the Championship. Plenty of quality footballers in the squad and I expect Carr to have them in much better shape by the time the Championship rolls around. Obviously Murphy is a loss, but we have been competing well enough so far with weakened teams. I've seen enough to suggest we will improve, but we will need Paddy back by the time the Ulster Semi-Final rolls around.
Idah Dream!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 4:25pm

think there's a fair amount of overrating of Armagh going on round the country myself. Rian O'Neill is one of the top players in the game so that gives them a good chance in most games but outside of that I don't rate them very highly. 

Cavan raise their game come championship and waiting for Armagh at home in Breffni for first round of the championship... They will be targeting Ulster big time as well to avoid the Tailteann Cup this summer if they can. They won't be favourites or anything but really wouldn't surprise me to see them win. 

Could be that I'm underrating Armagh but until they prove me wrong I just won't be convinced by them. 

100%.

Cavan Derry in Ulster final.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 4:33pm

I was led to believe Paddy would be back for the Championship. Plenty of quality footballers in the squad and I expect Carr to have them in much better shape by the time the Championship rolls around. Obviously Murphy is a loss, but we have been competing well enough so far with weakened teams. I've seen enough to suggest we will improve, but we will need Paddy back by the time the Ulster Semi-Final rolls around.

didn't realise you were a Donegal man! 

you're right in terms of the talent but I just don't feel anyone is getting a proper clear run at it this year, so it's hard to see us being competitive at the business end of things if we have our best players half-fit. Paddy Carr has been dealt a rough hand so far with the injuries. 

Even with the loss of Murphy if we had everyone fit and committed from last year I'd still fancy us to have a tilt at Ulster and the All-Ireland as an outside bet. But with the losses through injury and whatever else (outside of Murphy), it's hard to see us being too competitive this year. 

It would be great if the likes of Langan and Jason McGee really took on the leadership now. I think that pair in particular have all the talent in the world if they can put it together consistently

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 4:35pm
Delighted so far with Mayo. Looks like we have good depth there at last. If we can get Tommy Conroy and Cillian sharp and fit then we will be very competitive

Lee is such an enormous loss though 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 4:57pm

didn't realise you were a Donegal man! 

you're right in terms of the talent but I just don't feel anyone is getting a proper clear run at it this year, so it's hard to see us being competitive at the business end of things if we have our best players half-fit. Paddy Carr has been dealt a rough hand so far with the injuries. 

Even with the loss of Murphy if we had everyone fit and committed from last year I'd still fancy us to have a tilt at Ulster and the All-Ireland as an outside bet. But with the losses through injury and whatever else (outside of Murphy), it's hard to see us being too competitive this year. 

It would be great if the likes of Langan and Jason McGee really took on the leadership now. I think that pair in particular have all the talent in the world if they can put it together consistently

Agreed re the injuries, but the talent is there. Let's see what shape we are in come Championship time, might be a year too soon for Carr to get the best out of them but the two you mention along with the likes of the o'Donnells, Gallen, Thompson etc. are good footballers. We got the softer half of the draw, I'd fancy us to beat Down and we wont fear Armagh or Cavan in the Semi.
Idah Dream!
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 5:28pm
Whoever has the squad that can handle the injuries will win it out.
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Delighted so far with Mayo. Looks like we have good depth there at last. If we can get Tommy Conroy and Cillian sharp and fit then we will be very competitive

Mayo have been great too watch. McStay has done a very good job so far- could see Mayo being right in the mix come the summer.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Mayo have been great too watch. McStay has done a very good job so far- could see Mayo being right in the mix come the summer.

Putting aos on the square is a good move 

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 11:06pm
It's not so much where AOS, it's more the ball into him is better. Expecting him to catch big high balls and then so something is absolutely bizarre, which has on more than one occasion been the gameplan. This year it's way different, better ball and runners off him. Very effective

Cillian improving after another horror injury. Tommy Conroy after the acl too. ROD going well. Plenty to be excited about. Enjoyable to watch this year I must say 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 106>
  Share Topic