You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 106>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 11:33am
Was camping in Westport on Saturday , now everyone seemed to be heading into town as all dressed and ready for action . Now around 8pm they all started to head back not quite as chipper as 4 hours before .

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I dont like Tyrone winning. Just dont like them.

Having said that, they deserved the win yesterday.

I think the curse thing is over-played. Mayo have been a very hyped team in terms of their abilities, and on too many occasions, the big occasion has been a let down, be it at the Semi-Final or Final stage, and beating more than one of the top table in any given year seems something they cannot do.
Drink it in Cool
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Drink it in Cool

Yeah, yeah, 'no-one likes us, we don't care'.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 1:12pm
What's unlikeable about the current Tyrone management and players, could someone enlighten me?

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

What's unlikeable about the current Tyrone management and players, could someone enlighten me?

The fact they are from Tyrone.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 1:52pm

It's a legacy thing really I feel, I have no problem with the current team. Sludden, Morgan, McKernan, McGeary, Kilpatrick, McCurry, Donnelly all very good players that i enjoy watching. If they were wearing Red and Green nobody would have an issue with them as individuals. 

Tyrone wouldn't be one of the more liked fan bases in the GAA tho 
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Poorest Mayo team to make the final in recent years 

Agreed.

Unlucky that the year that Dublin/Kerry were finally passed their peak, Mayo players seemed to be too. 

I thinkt the whole curse and counting lost all Ireland takes the eyes away from the proper analysis, they have never been the better team in those finals.
They were much the better team both days in 96 especially the first day when it took a fluke of a Colm Coyle point to get Meath a replay.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

The fact they are from Tyrone.

LOLIt's a the fan base that I have the issue with! Working in the bar at home used to be awful when Tyrone were playing. They used to come over the border to celebrate and there was a sizable amount of them were the most ignorant people imaginable. Their current team are likeable tbf. Play a lovely brand of football. No thugs or unsavoury characters like previous Tyrone teams.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 4:38pm
Sound like the Tipperary of football. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 4:38pm
A bit like the England football team but we still want them to get hammered for various reasons.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 4:42pm
Yeah, there are definitely elements among their support that have a habit of getting on everyone else's nerves and usually more noticeable at the bigger games. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 9:58pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Pathetic. Utter scumbags. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 11:49am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Pathetic. Utter scumbags. 

LOL
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Was camping in Westport on Saturday , now everyone seemed to be heading into town as all dressed and ready for action . Now around 8pm they all started to head back not quite as chipper as 4 hours before .

Breaking news, fans not as happy after their team loses final. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

LOL
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 12:36pm

LOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 1:51pm

ShockedShockedLOLLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 106>
  Share Topic