You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 106>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Dublin have turned bog average players like MDMA and O'Gara into top class players. With the system they have an more skillful players coming through from underage I've no doubt they'll have no trouble replacing them with even better players. Come summer next year I fully expect Dublin to have won 8 in a row and be going for 9 the next campaign. 

LOL

O'Gara is an absolutely dreadful footballer, robbed a living and should have been nowhere near the Dublin panel. Offered nothing bar physicality and an outlet when Dublin needed to go direct.

MDMA was far from ever being average, one of the best ball carriers in the modern era.

They were both donkeys turned into race horses. I'll next forget O'Gara point shooting displace away to Laois in the league. If he was managed by any other county there's not a hope in hell he'd develop those skills. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 7:10pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Dublin have turned bog average players like MDMA and O'Gara into top class players. With the system they have an more skillful players coming through from underage I've no doubt they'll have no trouble replacing them with even better players. Come summer next year I fully expect Dublin to have won 8 in a row and be going for 9 the next campaign. 

LOL

O'Gara is an absolutely dreadful footballer, robbed a living and should have been nowhere near the Dublin panel. Offered nothing bar physicality and an outlet when Dublin needed to go direct.

MDMA was far from ever being average, one of the best ball carriers in the modern era.

They were both donkeys turned into race horses. I'll next forget O'Gara point shooting displace away to Laois in the league. If he was managed by any other county there's not a hope in hell he'd develop those skills. 

What skills? 

Being incapable of soloing a ball at pace, missing ridiculously easy point scoring opportunities on a regular basis etc? 

He was blessed that Dublin lacked a bully boy type full forward over the last 10 years, he just happened to offer something different than the rest sheer brute strength and physicality. 

In terms of technical ability, he wouldn't have gotten on many county sides if he was to be judged on that alone.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 8:27pm
No training or matches allowed until Easter at the earliest
The GAA no longer exempt as elite sport under level 5 restrictions 

Club before county again this year?
There’s really no need for the Allianz leagues IMO
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No training or matches allowed until Easter at the earliest
The GAA no longer exempt as elite sport under level 5 restrictions 

Club before county again this year?
There’s really no need for the Allianz leagues IMO
Plan for this year was that intercounty would be done by June and then clubs after that. I reckon if they can get a championship in from April - July and then give the rest of the years to the clubs they'd take it. Last year it was what, early October to mid December?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 9:43am
Yeah run the county off first. The last thing we need is clubs winning championships all over the place before the vaccine has been rolled out and spreading the virus because of their celebrations. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 1:00pm
I would much prefer to see club football prioritised over County for selfish reasons and tbh I think it makes sense because all County players get the chance to play club football while only a small number get the chance to play County.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 11 Feb 2021 at 1:00pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I would much prefer to see club football prioritised over County for selfish reasons and tbh I think it makes sense because all County players get the chance to play club football while only a small number get the chance to play County.

YEah I agree
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 2:08pm
It'll be a similar season to last i would say with clubs first from June to September and then another October to December All Ireland series

Some clubs behaviour when winning championships with lack of social distancing has probably contributed to decisions
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 2:22pm
Have any county board released plans for the year yet? as in will leagues be played or championship only.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 3:28pm
It was a cracking match between Kerry and the Dubs.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 11:52am
had a good few on board when watching it yesterday and I might be biased in saying this, but didn't think the ref was great. I know it was the umpires call but pulling Dublin up for a player being inside the "D" when he clearly was outside when it was kicked was a terrible call. That said, the ref didn't stop the dubs trying to defend giving up 1-18 is worrying.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 7:27pm
any gaa coaches on here have any goalkeeping drills they wouldn’t mind sharing ?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 11:54pm
What an unbelievable result for Wicklow today 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 1:59pm
What an opening 15 mins in Ennis!! 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

LOL

3 relegations in a row for the Cavan bunch 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 3:02pm
Antrim promoted to D3.

Good job Enda Mcginley 
@AntrimMan85
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 5:45pm
Likewise Kieran McGeeney for keeping Armagh in Division One. Onwards and upwards !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 106>
  Share Topic