You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 106>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GAA Football
    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 7:50pm
So who's going to be losing to the Dubs next summer - and by how many points? Cry

Edited by nvidic - 11 Sep 2021 at 9:56pm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 9:49am
Read a post somewhere that said Mayo's odds to win on Saturday evening were the same as the odds on Dublin to win 10 in a row. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 10:09am
Dublin a really long 4/6 to win in 2021 LOL

I don't suppose anyone knows what the quarter and semi final pairings are yet? 
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 10:14am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Championship draw will be made in January. 
Touts Out!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 10:32am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Read a post somewhere that said Mayo's odds to win on Saturday evening were the same as the odds on Dublin to win 10 in a row. 

Dublin are already odds-on at 1/2 to make it a magnificent seven next year while the odds on 10 All-Ireland titles in-a-row have shortened from into 11/2 from 8/1.

I think Mayo were 4/1 before the final.... maybe 5/1 so not to far away.

That’s crazy tho. 

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 12:10pm

As far as I know there are no Super 8s in 2021 but there is a backdoor and this ludicrous Token Cup for the Division 3 and Division 4 counties

I'm not quite sure how the qualifiers will work

Following the traditional pattern for semi-finals which was restablished in 2020, that would mean the Leinster Champions and Connacht champions would be on a collision course in the All-Ireland semi-final 

2020 was a Leinster v Ulster year so 2021 would be Leinster v Connacht

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 1:25pm
Hopefully they get rid of the advanced mark. Absolutely nonsense rule. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 1:43pm

Hopefully they get rid of the advanced mark. Absolutely nonsense rule. 

+1

I understand the logic of why they wanted to introduce it (i.e more kick passing) but it's totally out of sync with the tempo of the rest of the game and should be scrapped.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 2:36pm
Agreed. Load of $hite
Some people just deserve a slap
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 5:58pm
has to be a doubt about this years inter county season with how things are unfolding 
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:05pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:17pm
So that's mannion, mdma and Andrews. The only one who's in anyway a loss is mannion but that's him and Jack mccaffrey now. If no team can come close next year it will be very worrying for the sports future as a spectacle. 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:38am
They're back-up players are stronger that what most counties have in their starting 15, they'll be grand. Think the sport as a spectacle has been very worrying for a while now
Some people just deserve a slap
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:41am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

So that's mannion, mdma and Andrews. The only one who's in anyway a loss is mannion but that's him and Jack mccaffrey now. If no team can come close next year it will be very worrying for the sports future as a spectacle. 

I'd fully expect to see them back at some stage in the future.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I'd fully expect to see them back at some stage in the future.
Jack I'm not so sure as he's gotten board of the whole situation. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:04pm
There is no denying that Dublin are still in a very good place and will more than likely retain the All Ireland again for 2021 but as good a side as they are, they will most definitely feel the losses of the likes of Connolly, Andrews, MDMA, McCaffery, Mannion etc.

You simply cannot just replace those named above and it will hurt Dublin, no question.

The standards these lads set, the experience they have, the level they operate at in training even when they're not in the first 15 etc all of that stuff has to be factored in.

You'd have to expect Cluxton, McCarthy, Cooper, McMahon, McManamon etc all to be nearing retirement soon too and the cycle will hopefully end for a few years at least.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:34pm
Dublin have turned bog average players like MDMA and O'Gara into top class players. With the system they have an more skillful players coming through from underage I've no doubt they'll have no trouble replacing them with even better players. Come summer next year I fully expect Dublin to have won 8 in a row and be going for 9 the next campaign. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:51pm

Dublin have turned bog average players like MDMA and O'Gara into top class players. With the system they have an more skillful players coming through from underage I've no doubt they'll have no trouble replacing them with even better players. Come summer next year I fully expect Dublin to have won 8 in a row and be going for 9 the next campaign. 

LOL

O'Gara is an absolutely dreadful footballer, robbed a living and should have been nowhere near the Dublin panel. Offered nothing bar physicality and an outlet when Dublin needed to go direct.

MDMA was far from ever being average, one of the best ball carriers in the modern era.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 106>
  Share Topic