You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 35>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I’m sure some will look for a route via Moscow to save 5 Euro!
Hearing tales from lads that you once refused to move to another pub in Cardiff because the pints were a few pence dearer Shocked
Well that information is wrong it was someone else! Often drove yourself around and never looked for anything from you!
Don’t shoot the messenger...only saying whats been said. I was the number seven in Irish when I was told that pub taleShocked

Genuine reason for editing, not a piss takeWink

Edited by Sham157 - 20 May 2021 at 2:48pm
Sponsored Links

Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:59pm

Hearing tales from lads that you once refused to move to another pub in Cardiff because the pints were a few pence dearer Shocked
Well that information is wrong it was someone else! Often drove yourself around and never looked for anything from you!
Don’t shoot the messenger...only saying whats been said. I was the number seven in Irish when I was told that pub taleShocked

Genuine reason for editing, not a piss takeWink
Haha! Was shocked aswell!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 3:02pm

You can’t talk! I’m still waiting for the pint I’m owed from last time we were in Faro. Yes I’ve remembered all this time LOL

Haha. Never change Trig Big smile
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Where is it confirmed that game is moved to Faro?

In Portuguese but you get the point 

Edited by lassassinblanc - 20 May 2021 at 3:12pm
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Where is it confirmed that game is moved to Faro?

In Portuguese but you get the point 

Thank you.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

You can’t talk! I’m still waiting for the pint I’m owed from last time we were in Faro. Yes I’ve remembered all this time LOL

Haha. Never change Trig Big smile
SorryI didnt get you one back all those times I never seen you again after thatLOL
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:43pm
Trig can talk some sh*te but one thing he's not is tight tbf can vouch for that. Jesus he's taken over every thread came here to see if any cheap flights going to the Algarve here maybe I'm the tight one LOLLOL
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 11:30am
Originally posted by trapscat trapscat wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Cork Airport will be closed in September. Disaster.
Both aerlingus n Ryanair have flights up from cork. When is it closing? Why? 
They are making the runway bigger. It's closing from September to November. Maybe it's not closing until the middle of the month. There's always Kerry anyway, the train stops at the airport there.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 12:28pm

Originally posted by trapscat trapscat wrote:

Cork Airport will be closed in September. Disaster.
Both aerlingus n Ryanair have flights up from cork. When is it closing? Why? 
They are making the runway bigger. It's closing from September to November. Maybe it's not closing until the middle of the month. There's always Kerry anyway, the train stops at the airport there.
September 10th Cork Airport is closing  September 12th to November 22nd so you should be grand for Cork to Faro. However I'm using Kerry myself as the times and prices suited me better.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 21 May 2021 at 12:30pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 11:59pm
this indian variant could put the kibosh on things with the brits currently flooding to portugal. 

germany has this evening listed the uk as an area of variant concern. 2 weeks mandatory quarantine for anyone travelling to germany from uk. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 22 May 2021 at 12:00am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 11:31am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

this indian variant could put the kibosh on things with the brits currently flooding to portugal. 

germany has this evening listed the uk as an area of variant concern. 2 weeks mandatory quarantine for anyone travelling to germany from uk. 

Everything has been a concern so far. South African Variant, Brazilian Variant, even the minks in Denmark!! The vaccines will sort it out like they sorted out the other ones
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 11:39am

Can’t see the Uk going back to a nationwide lockdown -maybe some localised ones if necessary and even then 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 3:11pm

Indian variant is old news. Its the Yorkshire variant that is going to kill us all now.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Indian variant is old news. Its the Yorkshire variant that is going to kill us all now.
Any relation to the Ripper?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Everything has been a concern so far. South African Variant, Brazilian Variant, even the minks in Denmark!! The vaccines will sort it out like they sorted out the other ones

Not unless the virus gets there first. Scientists reckon Boris has let the cat out of the bag when the UK relaxed restrictions last week. Models suggest we're in for a torrid summer. 

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 7:39pm

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Not unless the virus gets there first. Scientists reckon Boris has let the cat out of the bag when the UK relaxed restrictions last week. Models suggest we're in for a torrid summer. 

Thread makes alot of sense. He knew the virus was in circulation since March, but didn't announce it until the day after the by-election in typical Boris fashion.

But when it comes to travel I don't think much will change, the mandatory pre-flight tests to and from will have sorted that situation out.

It's a glass half-full situation where we know the virus can't be taken on the planes with us, but at the same time because of the standard gap between 1st and 2nd dose, there's every chance you can catch it in the meantime when you're fully booked up putting an end to the trip.
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

going to wait until green light for flights after spending a full year chasing Ryanair for refunds !

Same here. Have the accommodation on free cancellation until about 3 weeks before the game.

Hopefully some clarity on travel soon and might look to book the flights in June or July
I took a gamble a few months ago on a £40 direct outbound flight to Lisbon expecting the game to be there. I might go ahead with it and have a look round the city before getting a train to Faro.

Like some others here though, I'm going to hold off on booking travel home until we get the green light from both the Irish and Portuguese authorities. Hopefully won't be kept waiting long for that. 
If you booked with Ryanair you can change flight FOC and pay difference in fair if any. Got train from Lisbon to Faro for the Gibraltar Game - its a nice journey.
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

going to wait until green light for flights after spending a full year chasing Ryanair for refunds !

Same here. Have the accommodation on free cancellation until about 3 weeks before the game.

Hopefully some clarity on travel soon and might look to book the flights in June or July
I took a gamble a few months ago on a £40 direct outbound flight to Lisbon expecting the game to be there. I might go ahead with it and have a look round the city before getting a train to Faro.

Like some others here though, I'm going to hold off on booking travel home until we get the green light from both the Irish and Portuguese authorities. Hopefully won't be kept waiting long for that. 
If you booked with Ryanair you can change flight FOC and pay difference in fair if any. Got train from Lisbon to Faro for the Gibraltar Game - its a nice journey.
*Fare
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 35>
  Share Topic