You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 35>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I'm gonna wait till i'm vaxxed before booking anything. Not worth the hassle with work trying to leave the country if i'm not.
Tbf they are taking registrations for vaccines for people in their 40's now surely all adults will be vacinated by September.

You'll need the vaccine after the state of the Jaxx in the stadium the last time. Hadn't been cleaned and no water to flush. Remember the queue for the one mobile bar just outside.. ridiculous.
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Sponsored Links

TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:03am
Good day of booking flights and hotels yesterday , feels like were edging back towards it Clap
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:55am
Cork Airport will be closed in September. Disaster.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:26am
going to wait until green light for flights after spending a full year chasing Ryanair for refunds !
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:27am
Booked Friday to Friday.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:28am
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Good day of booking flights and hotels yesterday , feels like were edging back towards it Clap
Indeed, its half the craic really booking the trips and the countdown then.
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Both aerlingus n Ryanair have flights up from cork. When is it closing? Why? 
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:58am
I’m sure some will look for a route via Moscow to save 5 Euro!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 20 May 2021 at 11:58am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

going to wait until green light for flights after spending a full year chasing Ryanair for refunds !
Same as you T , as i said before happy to wait until 2 weeks out before the game and don't mind paying for it .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

No as the majority of Ireland fans are now middle class we have that extra €5 to spend.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

No as the majority of Ireland fans are now middle class we have that extra €5 to spend.

You can be middle class and still be very tight! Speaking of tightness I’d say Donegal has some of the tightest people in the country.
Cavan people really get a raw deal.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 20 May 2021 at 12:25pm
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 12:38pm

Same here. Have the accommodation on free cancellation until about 3 weeks before the game.

Hopefully some clarity on travel soon and might look to book the flights in June or July
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Same here. Have the accommodation on free cancellation until about 3 weeks before the game.

Hopefully some clarity on travel soon and might look to book the flights in June or July
I took a gamble a few months ago on a £40 direct outbound flight to Lisbon expecting the game to be there. I might go ahead with it and have a look round the city before getting a train to Faro.

Like some others here though, I'm going to hold off on booking travel home until we get the green light from both the Irish and Portuguese authorities. Hopefully won't be kept waiting long for that. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Using Kerry Airport this Autumn. Booked Faro Tuesday to Saturday, and booked Hahn (for the Luxembourg game) Friday to Monday.. great times and prices. Its also the only Irish airport served by rail. (Very short walk to the train station from the terminal)
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 1:49pm
Booked out to Faro for Sunday to Thursday, used my Aer Lingus voucher from the Slovakia game so in my head it's free flightsLOL
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:12pm
Where is it confirmed that game is moved to Faro?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:36pm

Hearing tales from lads that you once refused to move to another pub in Cardiff because the pints were a few pence dearer Shocked
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Hearing tales from lads that you once refused to move to another pub in Cardiff because the pints were a few pence dearer Shocked
Well that information is wrong it was someone else! Often drove yourself around and never looked for anything from you!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 20 May 2021 at 2:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 35>
  Share Topic