You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 35>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Can't see why not if everyone is vaccinated 

It's still a long way off things can change in a matter of days just look at India how that got out of control .
As it stands i think fans will be in the stadium now will away fans be allowed is the big question the way  i am looking at it is if i dont see the point going if i cant get to see the game

the big shiney hot thing in the sky

if home fans are allowed in why wouldn't away fan be allowed in given that they are allowed into the country in the first place

Just like me it's guess work NR , why are the Premier league letting in 25% of home fans and none for away side in the last two games ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:10am

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Can't see why not if everyone is vaccinated 

It's still a long way off things can change in a matter of days just look at India how that got out of control .
As it stands i think fans will be in the stadium now will away fans be allowed is the big question the way  i am looking at it is if i dont see the point going if i cant get to see the game

the big shiney hot thing in the sky

if home fans are allowed in why wouldn't away fan be allowed in given that they are allowed into the country in the first place

Just like me it's guess work NR , why are the Premier league letting in 25% of home fans and none for away side in the last two games ?

It's all English games. And to answer to that is they don't want people getting on trains 600 miles across the country to go from Plymouth to Carlisle potentially spreading it all the way across the country.

The Portuguese are likely to follow the same logic either keep fans contained in 1 area of the country in Lisbon or move it completely out the way and have some sort of proximity restriction where you can only buy tickets if you're from a certain area like the FA are doing for the FA Cup
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:52am
I'd be surprised if away fans were back as early as Portugal. 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:57am

Can't see why not if everyone is vaccinated.

The Premier league is hoping to have capacity crowds in August. 
To be fair if travel restrictions are still in place, that could go ahead just as easy with only people from mainland UK.
An international game is a bit different with fans travelling in from all corners.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Can't see why not if everyone is vaccinated.

The Premier league is hoping to have capacity crowds in August. 
To be fair if travel restrictions are still in place, that could go ahead just as easy with only people from mainland UK.
An international game is a bit different with fans travelling in from all corners.
most will be travelling to the game from an EU country or the UK. Seeing as the EU want as few barriers within the bloc, and are developing a vaccine passport, I can see this going ahead with a full house. The only reason imo away fans do not end up being at the game is if the FAI or Portuguese FA decide they couldn't be arsed dealing with the hassle. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 12 May 2021 at 12:20pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 7:06pm
Porto confirmed for the Champions League final 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 7:45pm
Surely there's no reason now we can't have fans at our game now. They are inviting 9,000 foreigners into their country before any Portuguese has been to a game at any level. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Surely there's no reason now we can't have fans at our game now. They are inviting 9,000 foreigners into their country before any Portuguese has been to a game at any level. 

If it's not full capacity, which I don't think it will be, I'm unsure as to whether Portugal will let away fans instead of more home fans.
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

If it's not full capacity, which I don't think it will be, I'm unsure as to whether Portugal will let away fans instead of more home fans.

I would be of the same opinion that most nations will look to get as many of there own fans in first while there are reduced capacities 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:45pm
The guidelines set for the CL final gives a pessimistic view of our chances.

Chelsea/City fans must leave the country as soon as the game's finished. Outsiders are basically unwelcome for now.

Edited by coyne - 13 May 2021 at 8:48pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Chelsea/City fans must leave the country as soon as the game's finished. Outsiders are basically unwelcome for now.

Still 3 and a half months to go 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 9:17am
For the love of God will some one call Cria DisapproveWacko
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 9:49am
We will get 500 tickets, 7k will apply, and we will have 100 pages of rage.

We are back baby.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

We are back baby.
God it would be good if by July time the one worry was a ticket scramble for Portugal! Here’s hoping anywayLOL
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 1:19pm

Thats just rubbish. As of 00:00 17th May 2021, Portugal will allow British tourists to enter. That crap was picked up by the media and spread around, I've heard it on the radio as well. Fake news. Enjoy Portugal.

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

Thats just rubbish. As of 00:00 17th May 2021, Portugal will allow British tourists to enter. That crap was picked up by the media and spread around, I've heard it on the radio as well. Fake news. Enjoy Portugal.

It wasn't fake news yesterday, it came directly from the Portuguese government that they would have to be in and out on the same day. Maybe they've changed their minds but it was most certainly accurate yesterday.

From the Telegraph:

Hours after a shock announcement from the Portuguese government that those attending the all-English showdown in Porto would “come and return on the same day”, it confirmed it would permit British tourists from midnight on Monday.

Edited by wanderer - 14 May 2021 at 2:23pm
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

We are back baby.
God it would be good if by July time the one worry was a ticket scramble for Portugal! Here’s hoping anywayLOL

7K will apply ,  LOLLOLLOL
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

We are back baby.

7K will apply ,  LOLLOLLOL
Really? Considering the team we have, our desperate form (we couldn't even beat Luxemburg at home) for a dead rubber (for us, being effectively out of contention for qualifying) against a team that's probably going to hand our arses to us? LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 35>
  Share Topic