You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 35>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Kev87 Kev87 wrote:

£32.99 return Belfast City to Faro Mon - Thurs game week. I booked us on day after the euros final. Not sure where they sit now but youd struggle to find a cheaper route to faro than that. 
Looking forward to getting over there hopefully tickets will be possible 

just curious what test are you getting PCR or antigen
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

Kev87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 12:31pm
Both fully vaccinated, seen EU vaccine cert seems to be no test required just the cert. (Both as Irish passport holders in the north of Ireland) we can't apply until "phase 2" rollout assuming that's out we will need a test. 
Covidcertni app went down yesterday there with a data breech ๐Ÿ™„ I haven't looked too much into it, had read somewhere lateral flow is fine? 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Even if there is 33% capacity allowed are they obliged to offer away fans tickets? 
No.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 2:26pm

Both fully vaccinated, seen EU vaccine cert seems to be no test required just the cert. (Both as Irish passport holders in the north of Ireland) we can't apply until "phase 2" rollout assuming that's out we will need a test. 
Covidcertni app went down yesterday there with a data breech ๐Ÿ™„ I haven't looked too much into it, had read somewhere lateral flow is fine? 

????

Irish passport holders in the north cant avail of the EU cert as the EU doesn't recognise NHS vaccination data  - same as any EU passport holder vaccinated in UK

AFAIK
To get to Portugal you need the
  • Covidni cert +
  • PCR Test 72 hours before or antigen test 48 hrs before

to get back you need

• PCR Test 72 hours before or antigen test 48hrs before in Portugal
  • Antigen test 2 days after you land

Somebody is making a lot of money on this - all the above is from certified labs not a DIY job at home  about another £240 a head

Edited by Newryrep - 29 Jul 2021 at 2:29pm
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Kev87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 2:44pm
Neale Richmond confirmed on 19th July there irish passport holders vaccinated elsewhere Will be given a cert in phase 2 rollout, but couldn't say when that would be. In reality it won't happen in next 5weeks or so. 
Ryanair / easyJet have teamed up with the like of randox For green and amber travel testing.
Portugal currently amber £129 per person for amber kit, pre travel PCR and day 2 day 8 tests. You've to drop this of or courier it back to them etc but if sh*t hits the fan it's a bit cheaper FLYRYANAIR is the discount code on randox website. Some £ being made here, awful. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

????

Irish passport holders in the north cant avail of the EU cert as the EU doesn't recognise NHS vaccination data  - same as any EU passport holder vaccinated in UK

AFAIK
  • Covidni cert +

to get back you need

Somebody is making a lot of money on this - all the above is from certified labs not a DIY job at home  about another £240 a head

there'll be an update to the traffic light system next friday from the uk govt followed by another in the last week of August. portugal might be moved to the green list by then as numbers are steadily decreasing. be nice for fully vaccinated individuals if they did away with the need to be tested full stop.

Edited by colemanY2K - 29 Jul 2021 at 3:42pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Kev87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 3:48pm
Cheers will keep an eye on that. Have until 14th August to cancel accommodation. Unless it goes to red I'll be travelling. 
Hope the hassle before hand is worth it for a result Big smile
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

????

AFAIK
  • Covidni cert +

to get back you need

there'll be an update to the traffic light system next friday from the uk govt followed by another in the last week of August. portugal might be moved to the green list by then as numbers are steadily decreasing. be nice for fully vaccinated individuals if they did away with the need to be tested full stop.

Not sure why the EU isnโ€™t recognising the NHS vaccination app as equivalent - donโ€™t think they are using vaccinations that arenโ€™t EMA approved 

Edited by Newryrep - 30 Jul 2021 at 9:06am
Jimboy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 9:22pm
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 11:08am
NHS App is being accepted here.
Daughter flew back to Dublin from Edinburgh and friend drove back from London via Rosslare.
App and locator form are all that are required.
They have a handbrake system in place with UK, so other criteria might be added - but only 2 things above required currently.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 12:23pm
What is this EU not recognising the nhs app? I was in Spain last week, just showed them the app and was waived through?

I am due to go again this week, was I just lucky?

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 3:23pm
maybe not the EU but Portugal looking for a test as well as nhs app 
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 12:07am
Originally posted by Jimboy Jimboy wrote:

This was on RTE earlier

Thanks for sharing. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 3:31am
Not looking too good for us, those easing of restrictions seem to be over a three-month period starting now. I'd probably still travel even if we weren't allocated tickets, but if I have to pay for tests outward and back, even though fully vaccinated, then I'll bite the bullet and cancel accommodation for free and take hit on flights.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Not looking too good for us, those easing of restrictions seem to be over a three-month period starting now. I'd probably still travel even if we weren't allocated tickets, but if I have to pay for tests outward and back, even though fully vaccinated, then I'll bite the bullet and cancel accommodation for free and take hit on flights.
And those tests aren't exactly cheap, are they? Same here - as much as I miss going on away trips, I'd rather stay at home for this game than go through all that bs. Disapprove
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

starting to think something similar Cry - I would of gone just for the break but the cost of tests X 2 and the hassle of organising here and over there is making me think .

could maybe justifiy it if it was two weeks but not 4-5 days

Can probably get something back on the flights  - even use the vouchers  for work

Edited by Newryrep - 02 Aug 2021 at 1:16pm
Kev87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:18pm
Am I right in saying the randox "amber kit" at £84 covers pre test day 2 test when your home and day 8 test when your home (but no longer need)
But that we would also need to arrange and pay for a seperate test over there prior to flying home? 
Would take the above on the chin but the test over there just sounds like hassle wouldn't know where to start arranging that 
Kev87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:34pm
Have FB messaged a Portuguese fella from Faro who's there now on holiday for a couple weeks for some advice on how to book / pay for PCR test over thee to fly home. Haven't spoken to the lad in over 10years but desperate times and all to that ๐Ÿ˜‚
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 35>
  Share Topic