You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 35>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

https://www.rsvplive.ie/life/irish-pub-owner-portugal-shares-24563071

varies from districts alright. As for accommodation, I'll wait to see if we get tickets from the Portuguese FA before booking anything. @NewryREP where was this posted 'At this moment, it’s still not clear if the Portuguese authorities will allow spectators. They expect that a decision will be taken in early August'.  I was onto some lads in Alvor and they hadn't heard that.. just curious.

you know what curiosity did  ? Smile

an impeccable source  Thumbs Up

Penny has dropped - an impeccable source  LOLLOL - the lads in Paddy's Bar Alvor shall remain in darkness for longer.
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Sponsored Links

Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:52am
Seeing as its only 5 weeks away and nothing really concrete regarding tickets, i presume its going to be a no go for an away allocation? Does anyboy have any info on whether even a General Sale for home fans will be available?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

Seeing as its only 5 weeks away and nothing really concrete regarding tickets, i presume its going to be a no go for an away allocation? Does anyboy have any info on whether even a General Sale for home fans will be available?

'They expect that a decision will be taken in early August'
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 9:33pm
flying into Seville on Saturday 28th now, Betis playing Real Madrid that night so will go to that depending on capacity, might head down to Cadiz the Sunday to watch Cadiz v Osasuna 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 10:14pm
33% capacity allowed in for Portuguese super cup this weekend and they’re hoping to have the same for the league games starting next week, would mean there are 10,000 attending our game in Faro
Kev87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 10:20pm
5% away allocation usually? or can we expect more, roughly 500 away tickets might be alright given the restrictions in place.
1st away this one, if bars still close at half 10 bag of cans on the beach in albufiera and a singsong sounds like a plan for a Monday and Tuesday evening fk it 😎. Hopefully get in the ground with my da for his 60th 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

flying into Seville on Saturday 28th now, Betis playing Real Madrid that night so will go to that depending on capacity, might head down to Cadiz the Sunday to watch Cadiz v Osasuna 

How are yeah getting from cadiz to faro? Just a heads up that public transport is a pain in the hoop when it comes to getting from there to Portugal.
Looked at it before myself. Fairly sure you'll have to backtrack to Seville and then back down to faro. Be a lot handier just getting the bus from Seville directly to faro. About 3hrs from memory. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 28 Jul 2021 at 11:43pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 12:13am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

How are yeah getting from cadiz to faro? Just a heads up that public transport is a pain in the hoop when it comes to getting from there to Portugal.
Looked at it before myself. Fairly sure you'll have to backtrack to Seville and then back down to faro. Be a lot handier just getting the bus from Seville directly to faro. About 3hrs from memory. 
Yeah will have to come back through Seville, might rent a car and stay down there for a night or might just get the train, have looked into it all already, might stop in Huelva for a night on the way too. 
Wanted to rent a car for a couple of days and drop off to Faro but there are huge one way fees to drop off in another country 

Edited by The White Cafu - 29 Jul 2021 at 12:17am
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 3:37am
Originally posted by Kev87 Kev87 wrote:

5% away allocation usually? or can we expect more, roughly 500 away tickets might be alright given the restrictions in place.
1st away this one, if bars still close at half 10 bag of cans on the beach in albufiera and a singsong sounds like a plan for a Monday and Tuesday evening fk it 😎. Hopefully get in the ground with my da for his 60th 

That's assuming we don't get battered by the Portuguese police for having fun. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Kev87 Kev87 wrote:

Yeah I think it's 5%, then again not sure if world cup qualifiers are 10%, have that number in my head for some reason, maybe because other countries have given us 10% previously instead of 5%, Wales etc

Sure we'll see what happens. Hopefully they'll increase attendances. Haven't booked anything until we see what's what with tickets. If demand is there could be a high enough bar set for tickets but sure all we can do is wait and see

As for cans on the beach, Albufiera currently has a curfew 11pm - 6amCry

Edited by wanderer - 29 Jul 2021 at 7:18am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 8:19am

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Yeah will have to come back through Seville, might rent a car and stay down there for a night or might just get the train, have looked into it all already, might stop in Huelva for a night on the way too. 
Wanted to rent a car for a couple of days and drop off to Faro but there are huge one way fees to drop off in another country 

I think it may need to be an ALSA bus from Seville as there doesn't seem to be any trains running between Spain & Portugal. I looked into going from Seville to Faro before and you can only do it by bus afaik. The Lisbon - Madrid sleep trains have been suspended since covid started according to the Seat 61 train website. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 8:59am
I’d say if there are 500 tickets most people that want to travel will be sorted . A lot of people still wary of travel . 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

I’d say if there are 500 tickets most people that want to travel will be sorted . A lot of people still wary of travel . 
I was on two ryanair flights last week. the first flight had 1 spare seat (because a dope brought the wrong ID to the gate) and the second flight was 80% full. 

expect very high loads on flights to the algarve in september. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 29 Jul 2021 at 9:01am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Kev87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 9:19am
£32.99 return Belfast City to Faro Mon - Thurs game week. I booked us on day after the euros final. Not sure where they sit now but youd struggle to find a cheaper route to faro than that. 
Looking forward to getting over there hopefully tickets will be possible 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Not a chance would 500 cover it! Most are mad to get away at this stage. I’d imagine over 500 will still travel even if there is no away allocation.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 10:35am
Even if there is 33% capacity allowed are they obliged to offer away fans tickets? 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 10:50am
Wouldn't have thought given UEFA aren't allowing away fans at games
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Wouldn't have thought given UEFA aren't allowing away fans at games

Hard to reconcile Portugal welcoming vaccinnated and tested travellers from all over the place  yet not allowing because of UEFA going to an outdoor  event

Clearly things can change and there is no guarantees on anything

Edited by Newryrep - 29 Jul 2021 at 12:16pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 35>
  Share Topic