You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 35>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 12:58pm
Me and a couple of work mates booked kerry-faro on the Tuesday and then faro-cork back on the Thursday night. We were planning to go to Lisbon on the train but as I've just read the match is on in faro , Get in!
Accommodation is looking great value in Faro at the moment too.
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 2:01pm
Not so easy for UK based fans to get there now.

Portugal now a designated Amber country which means self isolation on return is mandatory.

Kinda off putting because the ever changing situation means you can't really plan for it.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Portugal now a designated Amber country which means self isolation on return is mandatory.

Kinda off putting because the ever changing situation means you can't really plan for it.
Go from ROI via Belfast....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Go from ROI via Belfast....

Its an option but when there's an airport 45 mins away from me its a bit of an unnecessary faff on
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 2:40pm
Loads of time to things to change again as we will be up and down all summer .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Loads of time to things to change again as we will be up and down all summer .

Exactly - no panic yet start of aug will be indicative 

Edited by Newryrep - 03 Jun 2021 at 8:56pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:28pm
Not confident I'm afraid. 
A brand new mutation originated in Nepal which was mutated from the Indian variant was the trigger for the UK to stop all flights except to Australia/NZ pretty much.

There's so much fuss about the Indian variant in the news before it mutated.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:33pm
It just shows how things can change very quickly.
It's likely that by August things will have gotten better, not worse, regarding restrictions in the Republic though. 

On a different note, how many away tickets are we likely to get offered from Portugal? 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 7:48am

Not confident I'm afraid. 
A brand new mutation originated in Nepal which was mutated from the Indian variant was the trigger for the UK to stop all flights except to Australia/NZ pretty much.

There's so much fuss about the Indian variant in the news before it mutated.

Again Coyner, would love to know where you get your news from. The UK has stopped zero flights because of this Nepal variant, and public health England has at the moment, said it doesn't exist and have zero concerns or ongoing investigations..

Portugal has been moved to amber due to rising covid cases there, and although.Grant Shapps mentioned a new variant, this again has no science behind it.

If you have a look at departures from UK airports, you will notice many different destinations.

I do agree about the game though, i don't think away fans will be sold tickets.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 9:24am

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Look who’s piped up after disappearing for a while after being shut up yet again LOL

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

I have been nowhere and wasn't shut up. Stop posting utter nonsense, there are people who suffer anxiety and depression about the current covid situation and your constant incorrect postings achieve nothing.

If you are going to post inaccurate info, I will pull you on it.

Granted this wasn't as good as your no one in Bolton took the vaccine when they had record numbers, but it was a good effort. Best part is i got my vaccine in Bolton and was in a queue for  over an hour, but you know best.

I will leave you to your fake news, as this is a thread for Portugal away.

So why do you keep disappearing when people pull up on your sh*t? You've done it on atleast 5 occasions. And bringing mental health into it. What a f**king idiot you are.
Ffs Coyner, how many time do you have to be warned about personal abuse? A fresh warning was posted yesterday about this and your last suspension was your final warning if you recall. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 9:25am
Sham - I've deleted the posts, if you want to edit that, will leave the rest to you, not aware of the background here 
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:56pm
Booked flights last weekend, we're making a week out of it. Flying back to Kerry on the Saturday morning to be able to make the Azerbaijan match. 

Really looking forward to it. Hopefully we can attend the match. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 10:17am
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Booked flights last weekend, we're making a week out of it. Flying back to Kerry on the Saturday morning to be able to make the Azerbaijan match. 

Flying back to Kerry Saturday morning myself too, in two minds weather I'll be in a fit state to drive to Dublin or I might just book the train.  
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 3:46pm
Finally got this organised. Out on the Sunday and back on Friday with time to recover for game in Dublin next day. Flights from Belfast to Faro for £123. Room for me and mate £280 in centre of Albufeira Old Town. Hopefully things will ease further over next two months and we finally get back to watching YBIG. If not, it's a five night break in the sun.

Edited by Tyronebhoy - 11 Jun 2021 at 3:48pm
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 7:38am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Flying back to Kerry Saturday morning myself too, in two minds weather I'll be in a fit state to drive to Dublin or I might just book the train.  

Take the train from Farranfore. Much more comfortable and handier. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 3:37pm
wonder when the Portuguese will announce if away fans can attend?

Would people travel and try buy home end tickets?
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 4:03pm
I’m guessing home fans only based on the way they have applied that to all club qualifiers but who knows .I am going to travel for a few days sun regardless .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

wonder when the Portuguese will announce if away fans can attend?

Would people travel and try buy home end tickets?
I suspect that like recent games in Ireland, you'll have to bring ID etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 35>
  Share Topic