You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 35>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:02am
Booked accommodation with free cancellation, won't go near flights until nearer the time. Hopefully things have changed massively by September 
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:44am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Booked accommodation with free cancellation, won't go near flights until nearer the time. Hopefully things have changed massively by September 

Yep hope you are right , best just to sit and wait .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:51am
I'm going to spend a good few days in Lisbon, maybe four booking into Lisbon central hostel, dirt cheap, I think by then fans will be allowed into grounds
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:49pm
booked hotel free cancellation for 7 days won’t touch flights until confirmation fans are allowed.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 5:58pm
Have done Albufeira to Lisbon by train for Ireland game in 2000 and Celtic v Benfica in 2007, great craic. But think I'll do 4-5 days in Lisbon this time, such brilliant city and easy to get around.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
ThrowInDelap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThrowInDelap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 3:12pm
Will be back on the away game trail after a few years absence. 
Hopefully starting here, accom provisionally booked. 
If time's a drug, then Big Ben is a huge needle injecting it into the sky.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 5:21pm
They reckon over here the over 50s will be done and dusted by May. The only Irish away supporters at this game could be the one's living in the UK. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

They reckon over here the over 50s will be done and dusted by May. The only Irish away supporters at this game could be the one's living in the UK. 
Irish government still saying it is working towards having most people vaccinated by September and that becomes more likely which each new vaccine getting approved. I'd be hopeful that this would be the first away game back with fans though obviously nothing is certain in this pandemic. 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 7:50pm
Portugal being one of the worst countries in Europe might have different plans. 
Their vaccination roll out is poor enough, ch4 said they way things are going it will take another 2 years to vaccinate 2/3 of the country. 
The dark side.. And the light
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Portugal being one of the worst countries in Europe might have different plans. 
Their vaccination roll out is poor enough, ch4 said they way things are going it will take another 2 years to vaccinate 2/3 of the country. 

That's a good point actually - Never considered that Portugal might be behind on this. 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 9:42pm
Lisbon hospitals overwhelmed.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 10:01pm
ah jaysus i might have to splash out for the azerbajanis in that case. surely they're on top of things Pinch
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Lisbon is a cracking city, great nightlife. If the world is back to normal, will build the summer holidays around this. Down to the Algarve for a week or so, then tip up to Lisbon the Tuesday for the game on the Wednesday. 

This is my plan also. However we're still no wiser the start of February than we were in December. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 7:34pm
I thought Ewan McKenna would have sorted Portugal with his brilliant ideas 
AKA pedantic kunt
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Spewan MacKenna. Lives in Portugal and spends all day moaning about Ireland even though Portugal is in a jock
Danger here, OH NO
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

LOL

He's a real f**king know it all 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 10:21am
No chance would I be booking flights for anything in 2021 tbh. It's just too unpredictable

Edited by Gaz - 08 Feb 2021 at 10:23am
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 2:59pm
Yep. Portugal a month or two too soon IMO.  Luxembourg the most likely to have away fans IMO. 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 08 Feb 2021 at 3:00pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 35>
  Share Topic