You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:36pm
While I know some people have booked Belgrade I feel this has the most realistic chance of our first competitive away game after the pandemic. While the game will probably be in Lisbon it is possible it maybe somewhere else. For those booking hotels with free cancellation what district in Lisbon are you booking.
While I acknowledge that Irish bars are expensive the area around Hennessy's near the harbour area seems like a decent spot, large open spaces and a square for those who want to kick footballs into balconies, but more importantly it's near pink street where there are a range of bars and clubs open untill dawn. Booked 262 Boutique Hotel myself.
Looking forward to a bit of Sun, Sea and Superbok now.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 12 Dec 2020 at 10:43pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:53pm
Porto, Lisbon and Faro have been used by Portugal in the past few years. Knowing us it'll be Madeira. Lisbon is a great city
Danger here, OH NO
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 11:01pm
Barrio Alto is the bar/pub/party district, would imagine most will stay there 
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 12:20pm
Given the potential numbers of travelling Irish fans that will go to this match - assuming all is well and we are allowed to attend - it will be astonishing if this match is not in Lisbon.
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 12:33pm
Ryanair have put flights on for Lisbon and Aer Lingus prices have jumped big time.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 1:00pm
€37 for flights out to Lisbon at the minute worth the gamble anyway even if the game is changed to Faro or somewhere else. Hopefully will be Lisbon as I’d imagine will be a big travelling support.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

€37 for flights out to Lisbon at the minute worth the gamble anyway even if the game is changed to Faro or somewhere else. Hopefully will be Lisbon as I’d imagine will be a big travelling support.

What dates are you seeing the €37 flights for?
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 1:55pm
Lisbon seems to be for the big games. Anyone ever use the rail service in Portugal? Is it reasonable?
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

What dates are you seeing the €37 flights for?
Everyday from the 25th to the 29th of August or at least it was when I booked anyway
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Lisbon seems to be for the big games. Anyone ever use the rail service in Portugal? Is it reasonable?

Took train from albuferia to Lisbon after we played Gibraltar in 2015 was grand job and was reasonably priced from what I can mind
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Took train from albuferia to Lisbon after we played Gibraltar in 2015 was grand job and was reasonably priced from what I can mind
Very good to hear. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:43pm

Very good to hear. 
Ireland is pretty much a third world country when it come to any transport, Portugal was a,ways going to be grand.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Very good to hear. 
Ireland is pretty much a third world country when it come to any transport, Portugal was a,ways going to be grand.

It’s “always”.......a,ways ffs 
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Very good to hear. 

It’s “always”.......a,ways ffs 
work for the grammar police now do you? Prick.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:57pm

There was about 15 or so Irish lads in our carriage and they were all unconscious for 95% of the journey so that implies it was a smooth journey . That includes yourself Wink
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

There was about 15 or so Irish lads in our carriage and they were all unconscious for 95% of the journey so that implies it was a smooth journey . That includes yourself Wink
ringer lost his bell...
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:21am

Croatia played in Faro in September 2018 and in Porto in September 2020.  

newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 10:20am
Yeah but Croatia were never going to bring large numbers of away support.  Unlikely that Portugal would face the likes of England, Germany, and indeed, us, outside of Lisbon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
  Share Topic