Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WC qualifiers: Will there be away fans?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

That hotel is in a good spot, anywhere around maiden Tower is where you want to be

Finnegans is the better of those pubs and I'd imagine where most Irish will go. 

There is two others, the shamrock and the aforementioned O'Malley. Both of those pubs are as Irish as any other pub in Baku, not one Irish drink on tap

We were the only two people in one of them, until a cat walked in. The other was popular with British oil workers, can't remember which was which. 

LOLLOLLOL

We were in the Hops Bar that has a load of football scarves and a pool table and a black cat hopped up on the bar counter and scared the sh*te out of my mate when he was sitting at the bar. Have a couple of photos of the poxy cat on the bar counter and lying down on the floor interrupting our pool game. We were the only ones drinking in the bar as there was no one around. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

That hotel is in a good spot, anywhere around maiden Tower is where you want to be

There is two others, the shamrock and the aforementioned O'Malley. Both of those pubs are as Irish as any other pub in Baku, not one Irish drink on tap

We were the only two people in one of them, until a cat walked in. The other was popular with British oil workers, can't remember which was which. 

LOLLOLLOL

We were in the Hops Bar that has a load of football scarves and a pool table and a black cat hopped up on the bar counter and scared the sh*te out of my mate when he was sitting at the bar. Have a couple of photos of the poxy cat on the bar counter and lying down on the floor interrupting our pool game. We were the only ones drinking in the bar as there was no one around. 

This before you arrived or afterTongue
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

Both Wink

Two of the lads went onto a nightclub and there was nothing but prostitutes and rich Saudi lads in there. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:55pm
Once the old and vulnerable are vaccinated by end of February there should he no problem, deaths and icu cases will fall to virtually zero and no one will be counting covid numbers anymore. Everything will be back open by may/June so I'd book any of the trips away without hesitation. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Once the old and vulnerable are vaccinated by end of February there should he no problem, deaths and icu cases will fall to virtually zero and no one will be counting covid numbers anymore. Everything will be back open by may/June so I'd book any of the trips away without hesitation. 
Hope ta fook you're right. 🙏
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Is World Cup not 5%?

Yup 5% minimum

400 for Luxembourg then Shocked

They might have their new stadium open by then. So we'd be getting a massive 469 tickets... 

How the fook does it cost 80 million to build a 10k stadium. They must be awash with money. 

They are. And nothing is cheap in Luxembourg either. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:03pm

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

Both Wink

Two of the lads went onto a nightclub and there was nothing but prostitutes and rich Saudi lads in there. LOL

LOLLOL
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

If by some miracle all the old and vulnerable are vaccinated by the end of February and icu cases and deaths fall to zero, then surely everything will be back open in March and you can book a trip to Serbia? 

In order for this to happen by end of Feb you need the EU to approve the Oxford vaccine AND others that can we stored in a normal fridge in the next week or so and then let the drug companies race against each other to get the vaccines to the paying governments/public. 
But even then it will take more than 2 months! 

EireHammer1 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireHammer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 12:43pm
Well lads. Long term season ticket holder here but finally going to start making some away trips. Looking at Baku. Taking into account the risks involved with covid/conflicts out there, do ye still think the Irish will travel in relatively decent numbers? Cheers Smile

P.S feels good to finally post after years of lurking.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 1:46pm
I have no idea to the questions you ask as will most people on here whether they think we can travel or not, except that if we are allowed travel about 1000 max will travel.
What I can answer is that when you do get to your first away you will be hooked and feel welcome by all. 
Hopefully that's in Baku all we can do for now is live in hope. 

Edited by ProudAndLoud - 11 Dec 2020 at 1:48pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 1:47pm
Judging by the increase in accommodation prices you would think we had 6000 traveling, I'd imagine it will be closer to 600. There will be tickets for everyone.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by EireHammer1 EireHammer1 wrote:

Well lads. Long term season ticket holder here but finally going to start making some away trips. Looking at Baku. Taking into account the risks involved with covid/conflicts out there, do ye still think the Irish will travel in relatively decent numbers? Cheers Smile

P.S feels good to finally post after years of lurking.
I’d say hold off booking flights to Baku at the minute but there will be no worries about tickets in a 60k plus stadium you will be grand as we are guaranteed 3k tickets. Hopefully things will be ok by next October to travel. The conflict seems to have settled down so fingers crossed all will be grand. I’d say most agree that Tbilisi has been the best trip of the last few games and Baku is certainly the trip that most are looking forward to already. No harm booking accommodation if you want to but make sure it’s free cancellation. Have a 7 bedroom apartment booked myself for only €270 for two nights.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 2:30pm
What's the most we ever brought to Tbilisi? Can't see numbers being much greater than that.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 2:36pm

What's the most we ever brought to Tbilisi? Can't see numbers being much greater than that.

The 2nd visit under MoN in 2017 was the most I reckon. The place seemed jointed with our fans compared to other visits in recent years.

Maybe 1500 - 2k. Could be wildly wrong though.

Edited by Roberto_Carlow - 11 Dec 2020 at 2:38pm
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

The 2nd visit under MoN in 2017 was the most I reckon. The place seemed jointed with our fans compared to other visits in recent years.

Maybe 1500 - 2k. Could be wildly wrong though.
I’d say it was closer to 1000-1500 in 2017 although it was more than last year anyway. The fact we have never played Azerbaijan gives it more of a novelty factor since we had Georgia a good few times recently.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Judging by the increase in accommodation prices you would think we had 6000 traveling, I'd imagine it will be closer to 600. There will be tickets for everyone.

Just saw that, silly money in some places, would imagine most hotels are closed so they've nothing up yet on the usual sites. Will wait for a while before booking anything and see how things play out over the next while
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 2:57pm
Have the €1 a night options posted on here the other day doubled in price?
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 3:14pm
Always thought was more in 2019 than 2017 in Tbilisi. Both sh*t results anyway.

Edited by theheff1989 - 11 Dec 2020 at 3:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic