Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WC qualifiers: Will there be away fans?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:10am
Originally posted by EireHammer1 EireHammer1 wrote:

Does anyone else know anything about this? Have booked flights for Baku (with insurance to get most of the cost back if I choose to cancel). Didn't consider that they played recent matches away from their Olympic Stadium. 

I know a few people have booked flights. I'm not myseff at this moment in time.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

EireHammer1 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireHammer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:15am
I looked into Azerbaijan's home attendance and they didn't fill the 11000 seater stadium for any match in their last campaign. So as long as there's full capacity stadiums Ireland fans should get a ticket either way? 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:27am
Originally posted by EireHammer1 EireHammer1 wrote:

Does anyone else know anything about this? Have booked flights for Baku (with insurance to get most of the cost back if I choose to cancel). Didn't consider that they played recent matches away from their Olympic Stadium. 

Bit early for the panic-ometer.  We're about 10 months away from a game that I'd say about 20 fans have booked for at the moment. Won't know for about 6 moths whether we can travel or where it will be on so best just leave it for now and wait
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:31am
probably best to make a list just in case
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 6:48pm
I know this is a very minor complaint in comparison with what's happening with this pandemic but I'm absolutely fed up with the fact we can't even look forward to a set date of when we can start attending one of the home and away matches. I even miss the long build up in the months and especially weeks prior to an away match on the travel and accommodation thread. 

I am glad though that I still booked my annual leave off in and around the matches this year, along with last year's Nations League. Even though we couldn't go anywhere it was still nice to look forward to a few days off in an around the Ireland game. 

Anyone else do the same and still book their annual leave off just encase we can get to Portugal in September and the other games in October and November? 

Edited by irishmufc - 19 Feb 2021 at 6:49pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I know this is a very minor complaint in comparison with what's happening with this pandemic but I'm absolutely fed up with the fact we can't even look forward to a set date of when we can start attending one of the home and away matches. I even miss the long build up in the months and especially weeks prior to an away match on the travel and accommodation thread. 

I am glad though that I still booked my annual leave off in and around the matches this year, along with last year's Nations League. Even though we couldn't go anywhere it was still nice to look forward to a few days off in an around the Ireland game. 

Anyone else do the same and still book their annual leave off just encase we can get to Portugal in September and the other games in October and November? 
Yeah your not the only one fed up with this at all. There is absolutely nothing to look forward or plan for at the minute in terms of away games or even a home game at this stage would be great. The planning and chat leading up to games bes absolutely brilliant. I’m still hoping there’s a chance of getting to the games but it’s dwindling by the day.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 8:07pm
Muff what plans do you have around the end of March for 5 days 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Yeah your not the only one fed up with this at all. There is absolutely nothing to look forward or plan for at the minute in terms of away games or even a home game at this stage would be great. The planning and chat leading up to games bes absolutely brilliant. I’m still hoping there’s a chance of getting to the games but it’s dwindling by the day.
I miss everything about it as well - the chat on the travel threads on here, planning the trip, the flights, trains etc, the craic with other fans. Nowhere near the same watching on TV at home, especially when there's no fans in the stadium. Cry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Indeed it is dwindling by the day. But we live in hope! 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Muff what plans do you have around the end of March for 5 days 

Have a few days booked off for the Serbia match alright. Would've liked to have gone abroad for it (attending obviously is out of the question) and have a few days in a sunny spot.

Even seeing a blue sky yesterday morning was the highlight of my day LOL 
Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 5:21pm
For anyone that had taken the risk and book flights with lufthansa to Baku on the 7th Oct there has been a change on the outbound flight with a 1hr 30 stopover in Tbilisi of all places lol but thankfully there's a option for a refund.

7th Oct 2021 lufthansa Dublin / Frankfurt / Tbilisi  / Baku is now the outbound flight.

Edited by Ballycastle - 24 Feb 2021 at 5:22pm
Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 11:20am
Flight to Baku cancelled by Lufthansa on the 7th Oct so full refund on its way. I will look at rebooking again in a couple of months once we know that we can definitely travel to Baku.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

Flight to Baku cancelled by Lufthansa on the 7th Oct so full refund on its way. I will look at rebooking again in a couple of months once we know that we can definitely travel to Baku.

I checked Skyscanner there and the Friday 8th October flight is still going ahead so it's odd they cancelled that one and not a good omen Disapprove

Edited by irishmufc - 28 Feb 2021 at 8:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic