Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WC qualifiers: Will there be away fans?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

yeah there is every chance of the murph strain of the virus.  Gives you a sore hole for 2 weeks.  Or the Aido strain which sends you to sleep on a constant basis.  The worst is the Scientist strain of the virus which makes your Mickey look like a cocktail sausage. 

Ok Baldie , so question have you booked any flights football related or not ?

Nah. Have my eye on Portugal and Luxembourg.  Maybe the former as a family holiday and the latter on my own. 
Too be honest i did think come March we could see a light at the end of the tunnel , now not sure about that i still think it would be best to leave it as long as possible before booking anything . Now easy to say now but i have loads of holidays carried over at work and just wanting to book something .

As for NR i see your point but as always it's a gamble as i think these flights will fly now will we be be able to see a game inside the stadiums is another question . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 8:27pm
to be fair lads if we could be assured of proper day out in Dublin pints and all that would do me at this stage and I think September is our earliest opportunity of this.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

to be fair lads if we could be assured of proper day out in Dublin pints and all that would do me at this stage and I think September is our earliest opportunity of this.

Clap

Yeah think home games against Azerbaijan and Serbia likely to be the first games to see significant numbers back at games

Edited by Denis Irwin - 30 Dec 2020 at 8:51pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 7:28pm
Euros in Dublin unlikely to be full houses (even without Covid!!)
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 12:33am
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Euros in Dublin unlikely to be full houses (even without Covid!!)
The poles will sell out their matches 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 8:11pm
Even with the vaccine roll out, I take it that Belgrade is still completely out of the question in March. 

Would it be UEFA or the Serbian FA would announce in the next month or so there'll be no supporters permitted to attend? 

I'm still booking that week off in work and living on false hope that there maybe a 1% chance we'll be able to attend LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Even with the vaccine roll out, I take it that Belgrade is still completely out of the question in March. 

Would it be UEFA or the Serbian FA would announce in the next month or so there'll be no supporters permitted to attend? 

I'm still booking that week off in work and living on false hope that there maybe a 1% chance we'll be able to attend LOL

I would consider myself an optimist, I don’t know how I would describe thinking there will be away fans at a match in 10 weeks time!! Even thinking it was 1% possible. I’d even say Lisbon in September is a risk.

Edited by VanBosch - 08 Jan 2021 at 8:25pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 8:25pm
Jesus muff there is more chance JFK Lining out for Ireland and Oliver Stone for Serbia than you attending that game 😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 8:30pm
I'd be confident we will make the Luxembourg game in Nov, two EU countries so surely restrictions will be relaxed by then. 

Cant see us being in Portugal in early Sept as I think it will just come too soon or Azerbaijan in Oct as they're non-EU and might be lagging behind us on the vaccinations 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 8:36pm
Don't tread on my delusional wishes lads LOL

Even though we couldn't attend any of the Nations League or playoff games last year, I'm glad I still took the annual leave for those dates. I'm sure most of the regular away heads on here might've cancelled their annual leave for the week/days of the away match but I'd recommend still taking the time off even if you can't travel. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 8:40pm
I love ybig on one thread poor hulk thinks we will never get to a game again or have a pint in a packed pub and on another muf thinks we are going to Belgrade for a World Cup qualifier in 10 weeks 😅😅😅
AKA pedantic kunt
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 8:59pm
Sleepy

I love ybig on one thread poor hulk thinks we will never get to a game again or have a pint in a packed pub and on another muf thinks we are going to Belgrade for a World Cup qualifier in 10 weeks 😅😅😅

LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:20pm
I’m not joking when I say there’s a better chance of ye getting to Portugal or Luxembourg this autumn/winter then seeing Ireland play here. 

The way we are so cautious/slow with the vaccine we won’t see games until 2030 for gods sake. 👀
Éire2206 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Éire2206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by EireHammer1 EireHammer1 wrote:

Well lads. Long term season ticket holder here but finally going to start making some away trips. Looking at Baku. Taking into account the risks involved with covid/conflicts out there, do ye still think the Irish will travel in relatively decent numbers? Cheers Smile

P.S feels good to finally post after years of lurking.

I’d say hold off booking flights to Baku at the minute but there will be no worries about tickets in a 60k plus stadium you will be grand as we are guaranteed 3k tickets. Hopefully things will be ok by next October to travel. The conflict seems to have settled down so fingers crossed all will be grand. I’d say most agree that Tbilisi has been the best trip of the last few games and Baku is certainly the trip that most are looking forward to already. No harm booking accommodation if you want to but make sure it’s free cancellation. Have a 7 bedroom apartment booked myself for only €270 for two nights.
Just been reading through this thread, are you sure it’s going to be in the Olympic stadium, I remember they played Wales in a much smaller stadium (about 9000 capacity) Welsh away end was a sell out.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Éire2206 Éire2206 wrote:

Well lads. Long term season ticket holder here but finally going to start making some away trips. Looking at Baku. Taking into account the risks involved with covid/conflicts out there, do ye still think the Irish will travel in relatively decent numbers? Cheers Smile

I’d say hold off booking flights to Baku at the minute but there will be no worries about tickets in a 60k plus stadium you will be grand as we are guaranteed 3k tickets. Hopefully things will be ok by next October to travel. The conflict seems to have settled down so fingers crossed all will be grand. I’d say most agree that Tbilisi has been the best trip of the last few games and Baku is certainly the trip that most are looking forward to already. No harm booking accommodation if you want to but make sure it’s free cancellation. Have a 7 bedroom apartment booked myself for only €270 for two nights.
Just been reading through this thread, are you sure it’s going to be in the Olympic stadium, I remember they played Wales in a much smaller stadium (about 9000 capacity) Welsh away end was a sell out.
No there’s nothing confirmed yet for it anyway. To be honest I didn’t even know about the smaller stadium all I seen online was the main one. Bakcell arena is the smaller one that holds 11,000.

Edited by Donegalman - 12 Jan 2021 at 1:45pm
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 1:46pm
They play a lot of games at Quarabags home ground, pretty sure it was (is) named after the dodgy linesman from the 1966 world cup who awarded the goal to England that wasn't over the line.

Even so, Azerbaijan is never going to present ticket problems imo, those who travel will get one.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Éire2206 Éire2206 wrote:

I think that was due to work being done on the Olympic stadium  after the European games. Similarly to why Scotland used parkhead and ibrox for games instead of hampden 
EireHammer1 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireHammer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 11:37pm
Does anyone else know anything about this? Have booked flights for Baku (with insurance to get most of the cost back if I choose to cancel). Didn't consider that they played recent matches away from their Olympic Stadium. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic