You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WC qualifiers: Will there be away fans?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:11pm
There could be an argument to allow vaccinated fans into games. 
Sponsored Links

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

going by the WHO, even with vaccinations rolled out, things won’t go back to normal for 2 more years.

Think March we probably get limited home fans.
By September, maybe increased home fans but no aways.
By November, maybe away fans but likely not.

Is there any country that are actually listening to them now? They predicted the vaccine would take 18 months to start with. It took less than a year. They overestimate every single thing, things will move on once rates drop the pressure is being put in the government by IRFU for 6 nations in February already and Gaa are too 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:16pm
No away fans will be allowed in March. However, we will still see 20,000 Irish going to Cheltenham. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

going by the WHO, even with vaccinations rolled out, things won’t go back to normal for 2 more years.

Is there any country that are actually listening to them now? They predicted the vaccine would take 18 months to start with. It took less than a year. They overestimate every single thing, things will move on once rates drop the pressure is being put in the government by IRFU for 6 nations in February already and Gaa are too 

Good point regarding IFRU and GAA. At least the league and 6 Nations start first so if the lobbyist rugby and GAA heads convince government to let fans in then it should apply to soccer  (who i imagine have less sway with government)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:47pm

Didn't  realise we had Mystic Meg on here and if they said it would be less than a year and it wasn't you'd be lashing them for that. 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Didn't  realise we had Mystic Meg on here and if they said it would be less than a year and it wasn't you'd be lashing them for that. 
Are you mystic meg yourself for knowing what I would do? I said they overestimate which they have done and that was just an example. Is that ok?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Possibility if we have a home game in March it could be a trial event  (for home fans) depending on case numbers. Wouldn't be anywhere near full capacity anyway.  

How many Season ticket holders are there?

Did we ever receive a refund for that game we missed?

If not maybe Season ticket holders could be given first option

I think we got credit for that game against the next season ticket we purchase.

I doubt there will be any fans at the March games, not in the Aviva anyway. Vaccination won't start here until January and I'd be surprised if it would be completed before the summer.

The way the Irish are behaving we won’t get crowds back at games until 2030 for goodness sake. I’m not being smart when I say this I’d genuinely harbour as much hopes of getting to an away game in a spot like Portugal or Serbia as I would attending a game here in Ireland. 

They let 25,000 attend the Belgrade derby in June don’t mind next year. 

Edited by kevin100 - 08 Dec 2020 at 5:04pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 5:05pm

Are you mystic meg yourself for knowing what I would do? I said they overestimate which they have done and that was just an example. Is that ok?

How do you know they overestimated  ? Nobody knew exactly how long it would actually take but good lad you criticise them for it  and say that's why people aren't listening to them. 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Possibility if we have a home game in March it could be a trial event  (for home fans) depending on case numbers. Wouldn't be anywhere near full capacity anyway.  

I expect there to be home fans allowed in for the games in March, likely ST holders only which makes sense.
There are more people than ST holders who have pre paid for matches. Not just as simple as ST only.

What do you mean by pre paid?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 5:38pm

I expect there to be home fans allowed in for the games in March, likely ST holders only which makes sense.
There are more people than ST holders who have pre paid for matches. Not just as simple as ST only.

It means to pay in advance. When you buy a season ticket you either pay for it in full or by instalments. Either way you are paying in advance for your seat that games. Club Ireland is another scheme whereby people have paid in advance for their seats. Outside of this you also have sponsors for example, where a certain number of tickets/seats are included with their sponsorship agreemenet. And lets not also forget others who have an entitlement and i include JDs shady fundraising deals in that. 

End of the day though, unfortunately it is just not as simple as let ST holders only in when capacity is restricted.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 5:56pm

It means to pay in advance. When you buy a season ticket you either pay for it in full or by instalments. Either way you are paying in advance for your seat that games. Club Ireland is another scheme whereby people have paid in advance for their seats. Outside of this you also have sponsors for example, where a certain number of tickets/seats are included with their sponsorship agreemenet. And lets not also forget others who have an entitlement and i include JDs shady fundraising deals in that. 

End of the day though, unfortunately it is just not as simple as let ST holders only in when capacity is restricted.

Gotcha.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 6:35pm
You can forget about March.

The later games depend if and how many vaccines the EU approve.

If they approve 2/3 in Jan-March then there will be a race amongst the companies to produce and distribute as quickly as possible to the paying governments/public.

The more vaccines available the quicker the general public get them and we can get back to normal.

Ideally you get some kind of certificate that shows you got the vaccine that helps with travel etc

xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

March will come too soon, I'd be hopefully of September 

Agreed
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

There could be an argument to allow vaccinated fans into games. 

Or vaccinate fans to allow them to go to games? LOL
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 12:03am
Is anyone going to take a chance on booking Azerbaijan for October 2021? Very tempted but god only knows if we will be allowed to travel. So just wondering if it's worth taking the chance? 

Edited by Ballycastle - 09 Dec 2020 at 12:05am
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

Is anyone going to take a chance on booking Azerbaijan for October 2021? Very tempted but god only knows if we will be allowed to travel. So just wondering if it's worth taking the chance? 

Nah not yet, too far away to be honest. Usually I would have but going to wait a few months and see how things play out
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

I've booked accomodation with free cancellation anyway. No rush on booking the flights just yet. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 2:14pm
Which stadium in Portugal do you reckon we'll be in? Do they play all their matches in the same one? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic