You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2022 World Cup Qualifiers Group A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 52>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Yeah hard to be too optimistic going into the game against Serbia. Players generally in poor form, severely lacking someone who can score a goal, already a few injuries piling up and still another 3 weeks to go. All this coupled with Kennys bad start and the fact we have been brutal for 4 years now, not being able to go to games or even go to a pub to watch. 

You've really sold it for me buzzing for it now 
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:29pm
Let’s be optimistic about Serbia. A decent side yes no question but its not exactly Brazil or France we are playing. 

A result isn’t an impossibility. Kenny is married to a 4-3-3 and good luck to him but id love to see this Irish squad playing in a 5-3-2 myself. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 11:16pm
Realistically if the Serbia that beat Norway and put 5 past Russia shows up, we're completely f**ked. If the Serbia that drew with Scotland turns up we might get away with a creditable defeat.
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 1:45pm
Weetabix is the new official cereal of the FAI. Serbia be afraid.... be very afraid
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 7:11pm
Stephen Kenny's Ireland.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:42pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

https://twitter.com/SerbianFooty/status/1367800606996504578?s=19

Serbia squad named according to this 

That’s a far stronger squad than anything we will likely have.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 1:40pm
Early squad announcement.
SK doesn't need to name his squad until match day, as half will likely be struck down by the injury gods between now and then anyway the way things are going.

belgradeboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belgradeboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 3:57pm
Hi all.
The current squad is the best Serbia has currently. By my opinion pretty much average team, and maybe that's better not to have a "big star" player. All the time when we didn't have stars in the team we played much better.
Defensive line is awful , i have no trust in any of these players to be honest :) Rigth back position is our biggest problem, Gajic (New Zealand golden generation ) from Red Star Belgrade will play on that position probably if we play with 4 in back line.
If we would play with three there will be three CB plus Lazovic as RWB and Kostic as LWB.

Midfield is decent, the biggest challenge will be how to pair Tadic and SMS because they are the pretty much the same profile of players and couple of times we realized that they can't play together. Also SMS is see-saw player, everything depends on his mood, he could be our best and our worst player.

Attackers: I expect maybe two attackers or three with Tadic as fake no.9

Let's see, there are no much days left till the match, so it will be very hard to set up everything.

Cheers :)

Edited by belgradeboy - 05 Mar 2021 at 3:58pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 5:52pm
I guess with Serbia now naming their squad to face us we should name ours next weekish? 

Cant imagine there will be surprises.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 6:06pm
Portugal have moved their home game against Azerbaijan to Turin to prevent quarantine issues.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by belgradeboy belgradeboy wrote:

Hi all.
The current squad is the best Serbia has currently. By my opinion pretty much average team, and maybe that's better not to have a "big star" player. All the time when we didn't have stars in the team we played much better.
Defensive line is awful , i have no trust in any of these players to be honest :) Rigth back position is our biggest problem, Gajic (New Zealand golden generation ) from Red Star Belgrade will play on that position probably if we play with 4 in back line.
If we would play with three there will be three CB plus Lazovic as RWB and Kostic as LWB.

Midfield is decent, the biggest challenge will be how to pair Tadic and SMS because they are the pretty much the same profile of players and couple of times we realized that they can't play together. Also SMS is see-saw player, everything depends on his mood, he could be our best and our worst player.

Let's see, there are no much days left till the match, so it will be very hard to set up everything.

Don't worry yourself too much about that. You haven't seen our strikers. LOL  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by belgradeboy belgradeboy wrote:

Hi all.

Don't worry yourself too much about that. You haven't seen our strikers. LOL  
When did we get some?
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 1:44am
Positive updates re: Brady and McCarthy. Less so re: Randolph. Nothing either way re: Kelleher.

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:03pm
Brady came on near the end of the game today , Now did he touch the ball i am not sure .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:24pm
All in all, another tragic weekend of football for irish players.

Parrott, brady, hogan, manning, knight, horgan, Shane Long all getting game time but knight the only.one of them to complete 90mins (but was on the losing team)

idah, molumby getting token minutes to see out the game or not even get that. 

Lenihan and hourihane the only.2 players to play 90.mins and be on the winning team for the championship upwards.

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

All in all, another tragic weekend of football for irish players.

Parrott, brady, hogan, manning, knight, horgan, Shane Long all getting game time but knight the only.one of them to complete 90mins (but was on the losing team)

idah, molumby getting token minutes to see out the game or not even get that. 

Lenihan and hourihane the only.2 players to play 90.mins and be on the winning team for the championship upwards.

Hourihane may have been on the winning team but he was anonymous again. Games passing him by just happen far too often for it not be a huge concern. 

It really is amazing that there's literally no good news story surrounding any Irish player.

The only positivity surrounds McGeady but the politics of him coming back in is something Kenny needs to consider first. 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:31pm
We're f**ked plan and simple 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 52>
  Share Topic