Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2022 World Cup Qualifiers Group A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 52>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 7:05pm
Hopefully Serbia and Portugal is a draw.

Ideally draw
Portugal win

A Serbia win would be bad for us IMO. 

Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 7:08pm
The only result that would be beneficial to us  would involve them both being thrown out of the competition. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The only result that would be beneficial to us  would involve them both being thrown out of the competition. 

If they were both thrown out do you think we would get a play off? 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Two stupid posts in a row. Go on, go for the hat-trick.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 7:16pm

Great to see Kenny’s got you back having the pre match tension PM!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Great to see Kenny’s got you back having the pre match tension PM!
LOL
I really wish that's what it was.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 7:25pm
Serbia make 5 changes to the team that plays Portugal.

Keeper and defense remains the same. 

The whole midfield is different. Lazovic, milinkovic, gudelj and Kostic coming in.

Tadic and vlahovic remain up front with mitrovic starting as the 3rd forward replacing Djuricic.

I'll be honest and say it looks like Serbia played a B team against us. Changing 5 of the midfield and forward 7. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

The whole midfield is different. Lazovic, milinkovic, gudelj and Kostic coming in.

Tadic and vlahovic remain up front with mitrovic starting as the 3rd forward replacing Djuricic.

I'll be honest and say it looks like Serbia played a B team against us. Changing 5 of the midfield and forward 7. 

The Serbian guy who posts on here said as much.

Shows what they think of us.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 7:33pm

It’s a squad game would you ever f**k off with this B team sh*te talk!! 

They have another qualifier in three days time, they will rotate more for that game too.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 27 Mar 2021 at 7:34pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

It’s a squad game would you ever f**k off with this B team sh*te talk!! 

They have another qualifier in three days time, they will rotate more for that game too.

I'm actually quoting what the Serbian guy on here was saying. He said it was their B team when he realised the line up. 

Edited by Left foot - 27 Mar 2021 at 7:38pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 8:05pm
Portugal 1 up

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 8:22pm
Portugal 2-0 up now. 2 from Jota.
The only way is up
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 8:59pm
2-1 Mitrovic
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 9:04pm
2-2
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 11:58am
Stephen Ward gave a fairly balanced interview this morning on OTB. Worth a listen. 

It is nice to see ex-players like Ward, Meyler, Kilbane & Breen not stick the knife in on Kenny as I was expecting some blowback after the Luxembourg defeat from a few of those in the media who had relative success under McCarthy/Trap & O'Neill. There's as much blame being directed towards the players as there is the manager.

Ward made a good point that September's international window will tell us a lot of where the players are/our prospects under Kenny. 

I think the minimum target has to be 4 points with as respectful defeat as possible to Portugal, win against Azerbaijan & loss to be avoided against Serbia. As bad as things are, I have a feeling we'll get the four points tbh. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Stephen Ward gave a fairly balanced interview this morning on OTB. Worth a listen. 

It is nice to see ex-players like Ward, Meyler, Kilbane & Breen not stick the knife in on Kenny as I was expecting some blowback after the Luxembourg defeat from a few of those in the media who had relative success under McCarthy/Trap & O'Neill. There's as much blame being directed towards the players as there is the manager.

Ward made a good point that September's international window will tell us a lot of where the players are/our prospects under Kenny. 

I think the minimum target has to be 4 points with as respectful defeat as possible to Portugal, win against Azerbaijan & loss to be avoided against Serbia. As bad as things are, I have a feeling we'll get the four points tbh. 

Stephen Elliott retweeted some post about record goal scorers in international football, on which Keane is on the list, and then says "Robbie was phenomenal all the same. If the FAI are looking to change managers, surely he has to be in the mix". Completely irrelevant to what he posted LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 4:56pm
I feel insulted by Serbia dropping Kostic, Milinkovic-Savic, Mitrovic for our game and them going full strength v Azerbaijan LOL Cry
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 6:26pm
serbs being held 1-1, azers look a good well drilled outfit 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 52>
  Share Topic