Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2022 World Cup Qualifiers Group A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 52>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Baku is pain in the bollocks to get to. Stayed there 2 nights before Georgia away and the city is cool enough. We stayed in the old town beside a few of the embassies. Not a peep at night and cops/private security guards everywhere. It's a Muslim country but secular and very safe. People were very nice but a lot had no English. 

Did the overnight train from Baku to Tbilisi. Never again. 

Muslim with beer though right?

Yep. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

uibhfaillian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uibhfaillian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:38pm
2nd is a play off I take it?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:39pm

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Baku is pain in the bollocks to get to. Stayed there 2 nights before Georgia away and the city is cool enough. We stayed in the old town beside a few of the embassies. Not a peep at night and cops/private security guards everywhere. It's a Muslim country but secular and very safe. People were very nice but a lot had no English. 

Didn't notice that the police or security at all! Didn't have any issue finding any bars either, albeit they were quiet 

Didn't mind the train either πŸ˜‚

We had a cramped 4 bed sleeper and the toilets were third world stuff. Yah there was a security post right below my hotel room but I assume it's there because of the embassies. 

When were you there Vidic? 

Same time as you, I was talking to you a about it LOL

We had a two bed sleeper, was grand! Toilets weren't too bad I thought, seen worse! 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

when are fixtures out? Portugal won’t play in October window due to NL so is it 2 games per window for us?

sh*te yeah. Unless we have them in the November window not a guarantee it'll be a runner for away fans.  
Taught Portugal missed out on nations league.. finished 2nd in their group
indeed they did miss out - my error - just assumed as a 5 team group.

Ah. They're the odd one out with 5 team groups. 5 x 5 Teams and 5 x 6 teams. Excellent stuff then
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:41pm
FAI will be praying one of the matchdays not involving us will be later in the campaign along with Portugal at home 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:46pm
Confidence levels on the forum will be back to the usual "Ah sure they're not great/they're on the decline".

I'd say we're underestimating Portugal and discounting who else, apart from Ronaldo, plays for them.

Not a bad draw at all though. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Kev87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:48pm
Any idea when the fixtures will be out? Been to majority of the home games for about the last 6years but planning an away or 2 if fixtures suit. My aul lads 60th next August me and the you ger brother been planning to surprise him with an Ireland away all being well.

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:50pm
Could of been worse, the fixture list will be important and think we need to start against one of Lux or Azb

Let's hope Ronaldo retires from international football but that's very unlikely 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:50pm

Didn't notice that the police or security at all! Didn't have any issue finding any bars either, albeit they were quiet 

Didn't mind the train either πŸ˜‚

We had a cramped 4 bed sleeper and the toilets were third world stuff. Yah there was a security post right below my hotel room but I assume it's there because of the embassies. 

When were you there Vidic? 

Same time as you, I was talking to you a about it LOL

We had a two bed sleeper, was grand! Toilets weren't too bad I thought, seen worse! 

Before the Swiss game in Geneva? I don't remember you mentioning Baku but you probably did LOL

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Could of been worse, the fixture list will be important and think we need to start against one of Lux or Azb

Let's hope Ronaldo retires from international football but that's very unlikely 

Hard to know he'd be nearly 38 by the time the WC itself rolls around if they qualify yet at the same time he may want another crack at it

Americanisms View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americanisms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:52pm
Relatively kind draw all in all. We should at least challenge Serbia for that playoff spot till the last game or two, their not nearly as good as they were in the 2018 WC group and hopefully Portugal can take 6 points off them too cos they'll definitely get 6 of us
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Confidence levels on the forum will be back to the usual "Ah sure they're not great/they're on the decline".

I'd say we're underestimating Portugal and discounting who else, apart from Ronaldo, plays for them.

Not a bad draw at all though. 

Portugal is a non-runner and will top the group. Crazy for any of us to underestimate them.  I don't see us taking any points off them. maybe one if we're lucky. It's a tough but doable group and we have a chance against Serbia. 
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:55pm
Ronaldo is only 35. I would say there is next to no chance of him retiring before Qatar WC.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

Ronaldo is only 35. I would say there is next to no chance of him retiring before Qatar WC.

He's 36 in Feb. He'll be nearly 38 by the time the WC comes around. Wouldn't be shocked if he went after the Euros but he may want one final crack at the WC

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by uibhfaillian uibhfaillian wrote:

2nd is a play off I take it?

Yeah, 10 2nd places plus 2 Nations league spots in play offs for last three places. One leg semi final plus final as with euros. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 7:01pm
We will find Azerbaijan and Luxembourg hard to beat, never mind Serbia or Portugal.
The only way is up
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 7:02pm
Luxembourg away in the first game, followed by Azerbijan at home would be the best opening fixtures for us.

Edited by Maccatacca - 07 Dec 2020 at 7:07pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 7:03pm
Would've loved Scotland's group even though Israel was a tough enough 4th seed to get. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 52>
  Share Topic