You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Positives

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Positives
    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:33pm
On a negative forum due to negative results, lets have a place for positivity.

There were some positives to talk about from this campaign, i.e. our possession stats.
Or upcoming players breaking into the team and showing great promise, i.e. J. Knight.

What are your 'positives'? 
Sponsored Links

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:38pm
tomorrow’s Thursday.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:39pm
The positives we had have disappeared. Playing hoofball again.

Moulmby, Cullen, Knight, O'Shea look like they MAY become half decent

That is all.  Goodnight.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:42pm
I don’t have to watch us play for another 5 months.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:42pm
Dara O Shea looks quality. Hopefully he keeps on progressing.
As bad as we have been we have given O'Shea Knight Idah Parrott Moulmby some gametime. Will surely stand to them in time.
As much as he gets stick i think Hendrick has rediscovered some of his better form under Kenny. Thats my opinion.
Better possession stats which is a start. Need to capitalize on our chances.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:47pm
possession stats don’t win games !!!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I don’t have to watch us play for another 5 months.

LOL 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Dara O Shea looks quality. Hopefully he keeps on progressing.
As bad as we have been we have given O'Shea Knight Idah Parrott Moulmby some gametime. Will surely stand to them in time.
As much as he gets stick i think Hendrick has rediscovered some of his better form under Kenny. Thats my opinion.
Better possession stats which is a start. Need to capitalize on our chances.

I would agree with you on Hendrick. I think we really missed him tonight. Cullen was decent when he came on. Really need him to establish himself at Anderlecht.

Apart from tonight the passing and possession have both been positives.

While he didn't score, I also thought Collins looked useful tonight and when he came on on Sunday. Don't get why he was written off so quickly on here. 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:56pm
Hopefully with these covid vaccines coming along I'll get enjoy that kind of performance in person in March.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:59pm
Must be around 30 players capped over the 8 games so anyone who has a realistic shot of playing in the March qualifiers will have been in and around the squad and gotten game time.

I'm not sure he is any closer to knowing his best team than he was at start of Sept thoughLOL
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:12am
I like the new jersey

But it needs white shorts, not green like tonight

I'm optimistic that we will wear white shorts in future as Bulgaria usually wear green shorts - I think we only wore green tonight to prevent a clash
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:39am
Dara OShea is the new John oshea
We didnt lose
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:51am
O shea: Is seriously good, like could probably play for someone like England good. Reading his GAA background where he was a prodigy makes me believe he has the attitude and values to go on to be a top defender.

Knight: for a young fella and quite raw, had also a super attitude.  Seems like someone you could hang your hat on. 

Cullen: came on and seemed like he was quite suited to a conductor role. Ok he is no roy keane but he was able to make space in the middle, receive a pass, put the head up and pick out a good pass.  We have seriously lacked that in other games.

We have a lot of players to come back and a vaccine has been found:
The sooner things get back to normal, players don't have to pull out for covid reasons and we have the fans back in out stadium  we will be able to lift it up a gear im sure
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 1:07am
My pet ferret Frank is 3 tomorrow and your all invited to his birthday as he looks forward to another year...Smile
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 1:16am
1. We can't get any worse.
2. The Aviva was empty - I  feel large chucks of the crowd would have turned on Kenny and that's never nice to see. 11 hours without a goal would get a nasty reaction from any crowd. 2021 is going to be a tough year for the guy.

3. O'Shea is quality. We have a good back 5 overall. Duffy needs to improve or be dropped.

4. Cullen will be a functional player for us. The likes of Smallbone and Knight have potential. McCarthy is still there. Midfield could become half decent.

5.  Parrot and Connolly could be a very good strike force.

End of Year Report

This requires a massive rebuild. A rebuild that imho is way beyond Kenny's scope. Plenty of good experienced managers will be available next year that knows our calibre of player and will command the respect of the dressing room. Kenny is now a lame duck manager. It's obvious. He's done. Pay him off.

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 3:54am
O’Shea was remarkably good v wales. Never hid.
Surprised by the quality of his movement as I saw him as a stopper. His passing was also crisp and accurate.

He reminded me of D***** R*ce. Amazing that he played across the back line, but i reckon he would be our best midfielder if we put him there.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 7:12am
Them Mexicans were bloody brilliant weren't they? 3 cheers for Ramires...
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 7:17am
Not being disrespectful men. The Rovers contingent were not injured last night .  

Edited by Southstandman - 19 Nov 2020 at 7:33am
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic