You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ireland v Bulgaria - Nations League - Wed 18th Nov
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Bulgaria - Nations League - Wed 18th Nov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 40>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:21pm
Stephen Kenny is a Norn Iron plant in revenge for this

Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Wonder how many times "Mick got us to that play-off and should have been allowed to stay on for it" will be mentioned over the next few months.

A year ago tonight we drew 1-1 with Denmark in what I thought was a very good performance by us
Seemed a world away from tonight
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Wonder how many times "Mick got us to that play-off and should have been allowed to stay on for it" will be mentioned over the next few months.

A year ago tonight we drew 1-1 with Denmark in what I thought was a very good performance by us

was it? i remember us being thoroughly out played as usual before huffing and puffing to get an equalizer goal. different approach, same outcome - draw
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:30pm

True how many players played both games 

Duffy Randolph Hourihabe ? 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

was it? i remember us being thoroughly out played as usual before huffing and puffing to get an equalizer goal. different approach, same outcome - draw

I thought we were very good that night

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:33pm

Revisionism RB! We were average, started to look a little threatening when we went a goal down! Denmark controlled the game.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Revisionism RB! We were average, started to look a little threatening when we went a goal down! Denmark controlled the game.

That was a decent performance. Doherty mistake for the goal. Denmark were there for the taking. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:35pm
Possibly revisionism, but I remember saying to people beside me at half time that I hadn't seen us play that well in ages, passing the ball about the back

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

That was a decent performance. Doherty mistake for the goal. Denmark were there for the taking. 

They were always in control, we didn’t try to score until we went 1-0 down.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Stephen Kenny is a Norn Iron plant in revenge for this

"Agent StakeKnife, Agent StakeKnife, this is Control calling. Your cover is compromised, repeat, your cover is compromised. Prepare for immediate extraction"

Edited by Territorial - 18 Nov 2020 at 10:45pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:41pm
I think the point is i'd bite the hand off you for a 1-1 against Denmark these days, that's how bad its got
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:48pm
Very disappointing against a rubbish opponent.   Manning had a nightmare but should not be ditched on the basis of one game. Cullen should start,  Curtis nowhere near this level.  
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:54pm

ok its unfair to compare bulgaria with Denmark so let's go back 14 months.

Ireland beat a better bulgarian side 3 1 at lamsdowne that night.
The guy who set up the second and 3rd goals that night was left sitting on his arse here tonight until 79th minute. Again.1

Kenny out. He's a clever spoofer saying what people want to hear but if he thinks hourihane is worth a starting spot them he shouldn't be managing the team.

8 games one goal. From a corner lol given he's telling us he's changing  Ireland style of play. Really?? By leaving one of irelands most creative players warming his arse on the bench. Yea that's really showing his intent.

Hard to get away from the fact that SKhad his own agenda here.

TBH tonight Rovers and even the ageing  dundalk team would have given a better account of themselves than the utterly dreadful performance we saw tonight. Passing progressions defending link up all terrible.

Shame on Kenny.

Not good enough. 

Or maybe I missed the point that it was more important to avoid relegation than To try win the game

Edited by greengooner - 18 Nov 2020 at 10:56pm
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
Lord of the Wing View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord of the Wing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by greengooner greengooner wrote:

ok its unfair to compare bulgaria with Denmark so let's go back 14 months.

Ireland beat a better bulgarian side 3 1 at lamsdowne that night.
The guy who set up the second and 3rd goals that night was left sitting on his arse here tonight until 79th minute. Again.1

Kenny out. He's a clever spoofer saying what people want to hear but if he thinks hourihane is worth a starting spot them he shouldn't be managing the team.

8 games one goal. From a corner lol given he's telling us he's changing  Ireland style of play. Really?? By leaving one of irelands most creative players warming his arse on the bench. Yea that's really showing his intent.

Hard to get away from the fact that SKhad his own agenda here.

TBH tonight Rovers and even the ageing  dundalk team would have given a better account of themselves than the utterly dreadful performance we saw tonight. Passing progressions defending link up all terrible.

Shame on Kenny.

Not good enough. 

Or maybe I missed the point that it was more important to avoid relegation than To try win the game

What's the agenda , or am I missing something here?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:01pm
what is his agenda? 
AKA pedantic kunt
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Ecumenical Matter Ecumenical Matter wrote:

Very disappointing against a rubbish opponent.   Manning had a nightmare but should not be ditched on the basis of one game. Cullen should start,  Curtis nowhere near this level.  

manning looked very rusty with little football, i would give him a bit of a pass. performances of hourihane and particular curtis were unforgivable though, and brady barely better but for hitting the post
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:05pm
awful game to watch.looked like a lot of them just didn’t give a bollocks.a thing that pisses me off is our lack of energy trying to get the ball back,we just let players get on it and stroll forward.if Bulgaria had there full side they’d have turned us over tonight.echo the things said about hourihane...if Kenny can’t see what a bag of sh*te he is then we’re in serious trouble.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:07pm
Someone correct me if I am wrong, would we have not been better off if we got relegated? What is the benefit of staying in b?

Edited by RKeane - 18 Nov 2020 at 11:07pm
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 40>
  Share Topic