You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ireland v Bulgaria - Nations League - Wed 18th Nov
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Bulgaria - Nations League - Wed 18th Nov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 40>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ireland v Bulgaria - Nations League - Wed 18th Nov
    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 6:58pm
As John Lennon didn't quite sing:

All we are say-ing...is give us a goal... Cry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:07pm
This is actually an important game for Kenny. Anything scoreless is bad. A scoreless defeat will create almost irreparable damage for him. He has to be courageous in his team selection, and potentially drop some players who he would consider integral. This is about creating a team which fits a strategy, rather than vice-versa. As such, it might be time to look at Jack Byrne in the Wes role. Luton Town were recently in the non-league setup, they are not now, and are in the Championship. if Collins can be adapted to a system, why cant he score goals?

The midfield may be missing their obvious holding option in McCarthy, but can we persist with Hendrick and Hourihane? What has that achieved over seven games? James McClean once was our top scorer in a qualifying campaign, didn't Robbie Keane get dropped during the Euro 2016 campaign? Is it worth going back to the Robbie Brady well?

Yes, we are seeing a bit from Molumby etc, but this is losing relevance as we are no losing games in which we are not under serious pressure. I cant help but be concerned.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:15pm
Really looking forward to this game! Hopefully Knight and Byrne start.

I would be tempted to call up Ronan and Parrott from the under 21s.
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:16pm
Collins looked lively has to start, Jack Byrne too.

Still reckon the 433 is killing us, needs to put 2 up front or we'll struggle to score we have very few players in the box when attacking.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

Collins looked lively has to start, Jack Byrne too.

Still reckon the 433 is killing us, needs to put 2 up front or we'll struggle to score we have very few players in the box when attacking.
100% agree, I like what Stephen is trying to do and we are playing well but not creating, our strikers have to come deeper and deeper. Or wingers are not creating anything and not getting in the box. We need to move to 3-5-2 put Doherty as the right wing back mclean/Manning on the left and play two strikers. 
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:21pm
I predict1-0 win for Bulgaria with us offering absolutely nothing.
The only way is up
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:23pm
You could play a front 2 in a 352 or a 433 with 3 up front but if those players are Horgan, Idah and mcclean it really won't make a difference.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:24pm
If we cant beat Bulgaria its a joke.  They are one of the worst teams we could ever hope to face
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:24pm
Cullen-Knight-Hourihane will start on Tuesday....Byrne won't be picked now
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:24pm
Parrott should start now u21s have nothing left to play for
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

If we cant beat Bulgaria its a joke.  They are one of the worst teams we could ever hope to face

STOICHKOV Jr is saying the same thing on a bulgarian forum.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:27pm
Glad this is the last game of 2020. I really relished these fixtures but utterly fed up now with the year.

Pray that we sign off a poxy year with a result. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

STOICHKOV Jr is saying the same thing on a bulgarian forum.

LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:29pm
The Bulgarians will be confident of nicking something in Dublin.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:29pm
Probably a load of wallets in the home dressing room.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Glad this is the last game of 2020. I really relished these fixtures but utterly fed up now with the year.

Pray that we sign off a poxy year with a result. 

+1 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:34pm
If we go with the same "approach" we will get the same outcome. Another disjointed mess.

Maybe he learns how to set up a football team in the next few days but I doubt it. Lets persist with a 4-3-3 and our tactics which clearly dont amount to anything more than pass the ball, and players completely unsuited to doing even that basic demand.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Probably a load of wallets in the home dressing room.

Classy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 40>
  Share Topic