You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dermot Bannon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

How the fig did this win best building in Ireland? LOL

These architects are so used to sucking each others ballbags that they have lost all touch with reality and what people find beautiful.  You only have to look at how Bannon fawns over some shipping container extension or block of boring steel to make do as a minimalist kitchen counter to see how out out of touch they are. 

I saw him thinking this plank of wood with holes like swiss cheese in it was some sort of 'genius' concept because the light shone through it and make shadows on the wall.

Some of these ''award'' houses I would bulldoze down and start again if I was some rich ****.   Wee Daniel O'Donnell sold his Bannon redesigned gaff a few months after completion. 

Why is your view of architecture better then his view? It's subjective so you claiming he hasn't a clue makes you equally as arrogant as he is. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

These architects are so used to sucking each others ballbags that they have lost all touch with reality and what people find beautiful.  You only have to look at how Bannon fawns over some shipping container extension or block of boring steel to make do as a minimalist kitchen counter to see how out out of touch they are. 

I saw him thinking this plank of wood with holes like swiss cheese in it was some sort of 'genius' concept because the light shone through it and make shadows on the wall.

Some of these ''award'' houses I would bulldoze down and start again if I was some rich ****.   Wee Daniel O'Donnell sold his Bannon redesigned gaff a few months after completion. 

Why is your view of architecture better then his view? It's subjective so you claiming he hasn't a clue makes you equally as arrogant as he is. 
Unqualified & arrogant 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 8:49pm
That should be Traps new signature just noticed his other one 😀😀🐈
AKA pedantic kunt
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 11:19am

Cobh Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 12:10pm

Where did I say he hasn't a clue?

I said his taste is crap.  You dont need to be qualified in architecture to be allowed say that despite what that bellend Fingers says.  Its  the public who decide if its nice or not, not pretentious architects who think they are abstract artists. How can someone be ''qualified'' in deciding what is beautiful?LOL

Its ordinary ''unqualified'' people who have money that give these architects instructions on what they want and have to live with the design. Thaey are the boss.  Not the architect.  The architect has some poetic licence to work with but they are merely employees. So such and such a couple pay Bannon to design them something that THEY like where as Bannon comes back with his own ideas and tells them no this is what you should like.  They say no and he still tries to bully them into his designs and taste in decor when they don't want it and are paying for it. 

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 11:53pm

Exhibit A 
These architects are so used to sucking each others ballbags that they have lost all touch with reality

It would damage this forums' reputation
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 1:16am

Exhibit A 
These architects are so used to sucking each others ballbags that they have lost all touch with reality

EhConfused

Think you are defeating your own claim there.

I am certainly within my rights to criticise his perception of what beautiful buildings look like. 
That's a totally different matter to saying he doesn't know how to design houses.

I've never seen shipping container like architecture in any other country bar EIRE

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2023 at 5:49pm
I see they are planning on demolishing the St.Stephens Green Shopping CentreShocked
The absolute state of what they are planning on replacing it with.

Dermot Bannon style sh*te

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 8:17am
In Santry last night pumping over 600k into a gaff that would prob be listed for 450. The couple had an attachment to the house and didn’t want to move/sell etc but what a genius Bannon is. Creating their dream home for over 600k without costing in the garden room and landscaping Clap

*the couples budget at the start was 400k LOL

Edited by McG - 29 Jan 2024 at 8:21am
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 8:19am
Any truth in the rumour is that horsebox is in the next series talking about his jacks renovation.  
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 8:22am
Horsey has a budget of 15k for his new jacks but the cost of the project with floor to ceiling windows and clinical white fixtures will cost 250k 
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 10:00am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

In Santry last night pumping over 600k into a gaff that would prob be listed for 450. The couple had an attachment to the house and didn’t want to move/sell etc but what a genius Bannon is. Creating their dream home for over 600k without costing in the garden room and landscaping Clap

*the couples budget at the start was 400k LOL
A million quid 3 bed about 200yards from me LOL madness. The 2 story extension to the front is poxy looking too, way too big 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 10:11am
Seems to be his formula.  Massive big box/shipping container with very big windows decorated with all the warmth of a clinical laboratory.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 10:15am

Seems to be his formula.  Massive big box/shipping container with very big windows decorated with all the warmth of a clinical laboratory.
Whereabouts in Santry was it?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 10:16am
His latest fascination seems to be library type homes. Soulless places that would remind you of an expensive trip to meet a shrink. The house he brought them to in Drumcondra was f**king awful. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I didn't see all of the programme.  Just caught the last 20mins and was half watching.

Money is no object.   Ah sure whats another 100 grand.  You've come this far you might as well go that bit further and splash out on doing it right.

I saw him making a mistake last night giving the wrong quote because he didnt read an email right. 

His designs have a distinctive Soviet ambience about them.  Cold minimalist boxes.   Like summat you would see in Dresden in 1981.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 10:28am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

His latest fascination seems to be library type homes. Soulless places that would remind you of an expensive trip to meet a shrink. The house he brought them to in Drumcondra was f**king awful. 

Big time I hated it.  I was watching an episode a few weeks ago and My little 3 year old said it’s a library can we go
To the library.  

To be fair last night the couple wanted the extra spend and knew ir was not a financial investment. 
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Shanowen grove 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic