You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dermot Bannon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

TJ you are aware that you are trying to compare work he has done on Room to Improve against what are obviously new builds (pics you posted)? With extensions on existing properties, he (and everyone else) is severely restricted by planning laws.   

You would think there would be a law against putting a container on top of a bungalow as being a blight on the landscape.  He's hardly handcuffed into producing something ugly. 

His taste is shocking.  He showed these ideal homes in Canada that were bloody awful tbh.  He's fawning over this bit of wood above a door with holes drilled in it. Like a plain bit of pine with holes like Swiss cheese. I saw one episode where he was tyring to convince some couple to splurge 10,000-15,000 on this vile kitchen worktop. The houses he builds are not homes but some sort of minimalist modern art fiascos that aren't really designed to be lived in.  They are cold communist creations made by the mind of the anti christ.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

You're very easily annoyed TJ, it's not as if you're going to have to live in one of his designs

Think he is Liam to Sids Noel 
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 4:48pm

You're very easily annoyed TJ, it's not as if you're going to have to live in one of his designs

Me?  You know me. I am not one for hyperbole.  But this man should be brought to justice in The Hague for crimes against humanity.

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Me?  You know me. I am not one for hyperbole.  But this man should be brought to justice in The Hague for crimes against humanity.

because you have a different taste than he does?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 4:51pm
Dermot Bannon was on the show "who do you think you are". Interestingly, he has strong ties to the Sullivans of South London.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 4:52pm

because you have a different taste than he does?

But can you describe what he has as taste?  I would describe it as the workings of Satan. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Dermot Bannon was on the show "who do you think you are". Interestingly, he has strong ties to the Sullivans of South London.

They seek him here
They seek him there
Thiose with more money than sense seek him everywhere
Is he in heaven 
Or is he in hell?
That damn elusive Ba-a-non

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:31pm

I was posting in agreement with youConfusedLOL

Embarrassed 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 10:06pm
Watching that Room to Improve on RTE.  Bannon the Bully trying to force the couple to bend to his will and get in a disgusting looking kitchen.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 10:19pm
i logged on to post his name in the annoy the f**k thread
AS YOU WERE McGx

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 10:25pm

Watching that Room to Improve on RTE.  Bannon the Bully trying to force the couple to bend to his will and get in a disgusting looking kitchen.

I’ve yet to see one couple put it up to him over prices.....some of the quotes he gets are crazy,there’s far cheaper options with just as good quality.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

I’ve yet to see one couple put it up to him over prices.....some of the quotes he gets are crazy,there’s far cheaper options with just as good quality.

I've yet to see one house he has done I have liked. Genuinely dislike that house he did there.  Would be far happier in mine.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 10:58pm
front of the house let the whole thing down. Like something a kid would throw together with Lego. Awful windows.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 11:41pm
yeah was not mad about tonights house.  Couple seemed lovely.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 9:21am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Bannon is known to be a high-end architect with high end prices. It's like doing your weekly shop at M&S versus Tesco. Potatoes will taste the same by the time they're on your plate
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 6:16pm
Im sure I heard a while back that him or the production company were sued by a couple on the show due to budget overruns. 

He comes across as a pompous bully alright.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 2:00pm
How the fig did this win best building in Ireland? LOL

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 23 Jun 2022 at 2:01pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

How the fig did this win best building in Ireland? LOL

These architects are so used to sucking each others ballbags that they have lost all touch with reality and what people find beautiful.  You only have to look at how Bannon fawns over some shipping container extension or block of boring steel to make do as a minimalist kitchen counter to see how out out of touch they are. 

I saw him thinking this plank of wood with holes like swiss cheese in it was some sort of 'genius' concept because the light shone through it and make shadows on the wall.

Some of these ''award'' houses I would bulldoze down and start again if I was some rich ****.   Wee Daniel O'Donnell sold his Bannon redesigned gaff a few months after completion. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic