You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dermot Bannon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 1:17pm
That doesn't surprise me Baldrick.

The designs for houses in Ireland today is like the crap architecture of the 1960's post war buildings in England which ruined their cities and the the likes of Liberty Hall, Apollo House in Ireland.

Another woeful effort here.  These designs wont age well at all.  Another fall out shelter.

Family who were forced to stop building dream house during recession  impress on Home of the Year - Independent.ie

The Russians are Coming

Edited by Trap junior - 20 Oct 2020 at 1:59pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

That doesn't surprise me Baldrick.

The designs for houses in Ireland today is like the crap architecture of the 1960's post war buildings in England which ruined their cities and the the likes of City Hall, Apollo House in Ireland.

Another woeful effort here.  These designs wont age well at all.  Another fall out shelter.

Family who were forced to stop building dream house during recession  impress on Home of the Year - Independent.ie

The Russians are Coming

Post up exapmles of what you like and how they work both inside and out. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 1:22pm
UOTE=Trap junior]
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

what does it matter what your house looks like from the outside.  You live inside the house so whatever design that allows you to have a house that suits your needs is the correct one. 

All of his stuff is the same really.

But we are commenting houses of people that have chosen to put them on display, so of course there will be a critique - inside or out. 

Fair enough but the rebuttal to that is that the function of the house is what Bannon is after not what it looks like outside.   Often these two things are in competition with each other.  A nice looking house from the outside means it doesn’t work inside 

That's news to me Confused have a chat with an architect and tell them that nonsense.  
Yeah its complete nonsense.  You can't have something that looks good and functionalConfused

If I won the lotto and said to myself I will get the most well know architect in Ireland in to design me a house and he came back with this rubbish I'd tell him to f**k off.  It looks like a nuclear fall out shelter that Del Boy built out of lead and put on the roof of Nelson Mandela House.

Absolute rubbish.  A big dark grey metal tin can.

Episode 3, Moate | Room To Improve, Series 10 — COCO Content

[/QUOTE]

What twaddle are you spouting? I have made no comment on any of the images you have posted or on Dermot Bannon's work. I was replying to Baldrick. 

Architects want to make the interior and exterior as appealing as possible. Baldrick says that they will sacrifice the exterior as long as the interior is nice. Any architect would be trying to do both and would be aghast at the idea they would sacrifice one over the other. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 1:26pm
I was posting in agreement with youConfusedLOL

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 1:36pm

that’s your personal opinion I like the look of that house and plenty of light into the house too.  

Most beautiful buildings are old buildings and look great from outside but very hard to get to work with modern tastes as they are dark inside.  Not saying it’s impossible but it depends on what you like.  

I would much rather than house than the bungalow blitz that blighted rural Ireland in 70s and 80s with long corridors and 4 or 6 bedrooms off the long corridor.  

Nowadays people request big open living areas with kitchen and living area joined up and lots of light coming into it.  That’s like the standard request and Bannon always delivers on that.  

What a house looks like on the outside would be far down my list o criteria I must say. 

Very good Baldie hard to disagree with anything you said .
Again it's personal choice , i know people hate my house other think it would be impossible to live in due to the amount of glass and white walls .
A very good friend of ours who is an architect designed our house again loads of space it's not for everyone but there is a place for everyone if you get my drift .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 1:43pm
The burden of proof is on you baby

Nice house designs:

A futuristic home with beautiful landscape in Bedfordview | homify
Plan 23480JD: Above And Beyond | Modern style house plans, Contemporary  house plans, Big modern houses

Beautiful Modern Homes Archives - Page 4 of 11 - Modern Home | Beautiful  modern homes, House designs exterior, Architecture design
House Design - Different Building Styles - Thermohouse

Meanwhile Dermot Bannon is being sued by Maersk for robbing the design of their shipping containers

Versus Dermot Bannon design
Maersk joins shipping lines avoiding scrap to China - Recycling Today

Edited by Trap junior - 20 Oct 2020 at 1:52pm

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 1:45pm
I like all of them.   What do you mean burden of proof.   I am saying what do you like, you are knocking what you dont like.   Throw up a few examples of what you do like 

Edited by Baldrick - 20 Oct 2020 at 1:46pm
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 1:47pm
1, 2 and 4 there are spectacular to look at
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 1:49pm

I like all of them.   What do you mean burden of proof.   I am saying what do you like, you are knocking what you dont like.   Throw up a few examples of what you do like 

They are examples of what is nice.  As if Bannon could design them!  He is still knocking out his Maersk containers and charging people a fortune for it.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 1:58pm
Liberty Hall, Dublin – The Twentieth Century SocietyLiberty Hall, Dublin 1 - The National Trust for Ireland - An Taisce

Wow look at this masterpiece.  The light floods the building as it stands majestically against the Dublin skyline.   And next to it is the Customs House.

Hawkins and Apollo House have lasted the test of time.   Functional inside.  That's what matters.
Redevelopment of Hawkins House site hits new snag

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 2:03pm
Irrelevant really to Dermot Bannon.

Apollo House is gone now anyway. What i'd do for a pint in Chaplins.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 2:08pm

His designs will age just as well as those monstrosities only quicker.  

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 2:10pm
Horrible buildings inside and out in my opinion.   So they dont work inside for the modern world. 

But covid may change all that too. 

It comes down to taste really and I think what most of what Bannon does works for his clients 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 2:12pm

Ah come on now ffs LOL

I dont think those places were ever pleasing to the eye. Regardless of eras. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 2:18pm

Ah come on now ffs LOL

I dont think those places were ever pleasing to the eye. Regardless of eras. 

Whoever designed them and approved them must have thought they were beautiful. 
Does this look good even now?  To me its a container that a crane from the docks placed on a mediocre house. Imagine how bad that will look when it ages in 20 yrs.

Episode 3, Moate | Room To Improve, Series 10 — COCO Content

I used to get changed in one of them for DDSL

Edited by Trap junior - 20 Oct 2020 at 2:20pm

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 2:23pm
It just needs more colour which is easily achievable. 

I'm not mad on it myself but each to their own.
AS YOU WERE McGx

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 3:03pm

TJ you are aware that you are trying to compare work he has done on Room to Improve against what are obviously new builds (pics you posted)? With extensions on existing properties, he (and everyone else) is severely restricted by planning laws.   

Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 4:24pm
You're very easily annoyed TJ, it's not as if you're going to have to live in one of his designs

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic