You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is generation woke?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 11:34am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Few people will actually wear the term with pride.

It probably has very negative connotations as far as most people are concerned. It was originally a term used amongst black people in the States, but is now is heavily associated with smug, white, privileged, middle-class bourgeois twats who only pay lip-service to social issues for appearances' sake without in any way actually properly understanding them, trying to understand them, nor really giving a genuine f**k about anyone or anything but themselves.
A lot of projection there

Its almost like you're not what you claim to be, and are in fact a troll LOL

You remind me of this

https://twitter.com/whysimonewhy/status/1143280089133699072

Eh? You're the queen of logical fallacies, extravagantly indulging in them in almost every response to anyone with whom you disagree, and yet regularly enjoy accusing others of the self-same thing.

Try constructing a thought-out, reasoned, cogent argument for once.

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 12:00pm

It probably has very negative connotations as far as most people are concerned. It was originally a term used amongst black people in the States, but is now is heavily associated with smug, white, privileged, middle-class bourgeois twats who only pay lip-service to social issues for appearances' sake without in any way actually properly understanding them, trying to understand them, nor really giving a genuine f**k about anyone or anything but themselves.

You remind me of this

Eh? You're the queen of logical fallacies, extravagantly indulging in them in almost every response to anyone with whom you disagree, and yet regularly enjoy accusing others of the self-same thing.

He did it

He said "logical fallacy" LOL

And he called me "the queen" LOL

Oh mercy

Edited by sid waddell - 17 Oct 2020 at 12:03pm
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I can't stand all these new buzzwords that Americasn and indeed the internet have invented.
Agreed. If they are mentioned it just puts me off reading, particularly in social media or forums as when they are used it's normally someone on a mad rant or someone who has to throw out these terms to avoid debating with any substance
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 12:25pm
A good rule of thumb alright. If woke, political correctness etc. are mentioned, it is nearly certain that the writer is a twat.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 12:55pm
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:09pm
Woke is basically the youth/privileged white kids of today who are offended by everything they are social justice warriors who cry out at every opportunity against people who have a different view to them using violence if needs be a bit like Antifa. 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Woke is basically the youth/privileged white kids of today who are offended by everything they are social justice warriors who cry out at every opportunity against people who have a different view to them using violence if needs be a bit like Antifa. 
Do you disagree with social justice?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

What part of anti-racism and social justice do you have a problem with?
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 5:32pm

You remind me of this

He did it

Oh mercy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tt-dxwLWmU

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 5:37pm
I don't think any right minded person has a problem with social justice or anti racism. What gets a little tiresome are people who are offended on other people's behalf.

Also the concept of cultural appropriation or whatever, is a bit of a nonsense in my view. Two incidents that come to mind was the apparent controversy of a white guy with dreadlocks or a little girl dressed as Moana.

Also it was a little bit weird how much abuse JK Rowling got on twitter lately. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 5:59pm

You remind me of this

He did it

Oh mercy

"YouTube"

Thanks for that LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I don't think any right minded person has a problem with social justice or anti racism. What gets a little tiresome are people who are offended on other people's behalf.

Also the concept of cultural appropriation or whatever, is a bit of a nonsense in my view. Two incidents that come to mind was the apparent controversy of a white guy with dreadlocks or a little girl dressed as Moana.

Also it was a little bit weird how much abuse JK Rowling got on twitter lately. 
I'd be a bit less worried about some Twitter abuse aimed at a billionaire author than about the very real abuse heaped on trans people which that same billionaire author contributed to with her dog whistling

Slight bit of a power imbalance there

And again it was telling that Rowling resorted to fake victimhood because she couldn't defend stupid opinions

Edited by sid waddell - 17 Oct 2020 at 6:10pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:13pm

You remind me of this

He did it

Oh mercy

"YouTube"

Thanks for that LOL

It's quite a popular medium. Maybe you should try it out.

Do the quotation marks suggest you doubt its existence? I'm not quite sure.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:14pm
Do the "anti-woke" loonies complain about the vicious abuse dished out to prominent women of colour such as Diane Abbott, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar?

Did they complain about the constant vile misogynist threats against Hillary Clinton in 2016?

Did they fook

They lapped it up and they lap it up

Clinton was totally right with her "basket of deplorables" comment

The whole of right-wing politics is deplorable
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:22pm

You remind me of this

He did it

Oh mercy

"YouTube"

Thanks for that LOL

I'm very familiar with YouTube, thanks

Strange that you think I wouldn't be

I've no idea why you'd post a YouTube link with no context as some sort of imagined rebuttal though 

Maybe you forgot to write "Do ur own reserch" and "lern to tink 4 urself"

What's clear about you from your posts is that you are a very strange individual who has very little to say yet is also unhealthily angry, and at me for some reason, a forum poster who until recently had never even interacted with you

Great to know I'm not being ignored, at least

Given what you posted last night I think you'd be best off taking a break from the internet and doing some reading instead, because it's clearly not healthy for you
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:25pm

Do the "anti-woke" loonies complain about the vicious abuse dished out to prominent women of colour such as Diane Abbott, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar?

Did they complain about the constant vile misogynist threats against Hillary Clinton in 2016?

Did they fook

Was this murderer right with her 'totally obliterate Iran', 'we came, we saw, he died' or her misspoken (lying) 'we landed under sniper fire' comments, as well?

What a sh*tty set of views you hold. Your perspective on the world, like those you hold dear like Clinton, et al, are completely vile.

As if you give a sh*t about racism and misogyny.

Utterly laughable.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:33pm

You remind me of this

He did it

Oh mercy

"YouTube"

Thanks for that LOL

I'm very familiar with YouTube, thanks

Strange that you think I wouldn't be

I've no idea why you'd post a YouTube link with no context as some sort of imagined rebuttal though 

Maybe you forgot to write "Do ur own reserch" and "lern to tink 4 urself"

What's clear about you from your posts is that you are a very strange individual who has very little to say yet is also unhealthily angry, and at me for some reason, a forum poster who until recently had never even interacted with you

Great to know I'm not being ignored, at least

Given what you posted last night I think you'd be best off taking a break from the internet and doing some reading instead, because it's clearly not healthy for you

There's a great deal to be angry about. And it's very healthy to kick against the pricks who think the sh*tty status quo is just dandy.

And evidently I'm one of the very few people on here who does actually read.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:42pm

Did they fook

Was this murderer right with her 'totally obliterate Iran', 'we came, we saw, he died' or her misspoken (lying) 'we landed under sniper fire' comments, as well?

What a sh*tty set of views you hold. Your perspective on the world, like those you hold dear like Clinton, et al, are completely vile.

As if you give a sh*t about racism and misogyny.

Utterly laughable.
You're nuts mate LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic