Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

England Friendly - Nov 12th Wembley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 67>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

wonder what price McClean to get booked will be?

Or sent off...
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Will be good to see how Kenny will set the side up for this one .

This is a very good side we will be playing and will our set up change .

I didn't to play them but now we are lets hope we can put on a show .

How do we put on a show murph.  Let’s be honest if we win you will
Think we have put on a show and if you lose you will think it’s crap.  You don’t actually care about the show.  At least be honest 
I'd say alot of Anti Kenny fans are happy about this knowing a heavy defeat is on the cards sad really. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:39pm
has the panic for tickets started yet?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:40pm

Given the average bookings in these type of games are incredibly low, in fact I would love to see the average over the past decade, and he might be the only one taking it seriously, you would probably get better odds than it should be.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Given the average bookings in these type of games are incredibly low, in fact I would love to see the average over the past decade, and he might be the only one taking it seriously, you would probably get better odds than it should be.

To be honest I don't think you can back individuals to get booked anymore, amount of cards is the only market I think. But he will get booked.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:42pm
Declan Rice won't play this one, he'll be out with a convenient injury a few days before. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Declan Rice won't play this one, he'll be out with a convenient injury a few days before. 

I'd be fairly surprised to see him involved alright - but reckon regardless of who this game was against that was likely as he's a regular for England now and I'd imagine they'll be shuffling the pack for this one.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:45pm
Who has the rights to Friendlies is it still Eir or are they with Virgin or RTE now  ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:47pm

To be honest I don't think you can back individuals to get booked anymore, amount of cards is the only market I think. But he will get booked.
Yeah, you can with most bookies.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Will be good to see how Kenny will set the side up for this one .

This is a very good side we will be playing and will our set up change .

I didn't to play them but now we are lets hope we can put on a show .

How do we put on a show murph.  Let’s be honest if we win you will
Think we have put on a show and if you lose you will think it’s crap.  You don’t actually care about the show.  At least be honest 
I'd say alot of Anti Kenny fans are happy about this knowing a heavy defeat is on the cards sad really. 

Errrr happy to see your country get beat , No .

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:51pm
I was going to come on and complain about how this might effect our seedings in pot two or three but whats the point the match is organised now and there is nothing we can do about it. 

Will a draw get us some points as England as ranked a good bit higher than us and we are away from home?
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:52pm
Also in terms of a heavy defeat give our lads some credit, we don't concede many goals.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:55pm

You can still back players to be booked, especially now a lot of Bookies offer bet builders.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:58pm
Will the English be laying wreaths and poppies on the centre circle for Armistice Day? 

McCleanLOL

Edited by Trap junior - 21 Oct 2020 at 2:00pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

I was going to come on and complain about how this might effect our seedings in pot two or three but whats the point the match is organised now and there is nothing we can do about it. 

Will a draw get us some points as England as ranked a good bit higher than us and we are away from home?

From the World Cup Permutations thread, a draw would get us approx half as many points as beating Luxembourg.
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

From the World Cup Permutations thread, a draw would get us approx half as many points as beating Luxembourg.
seems a flawed system. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 2:07pm

Are you mad? There is no way we should voluntarily play Luxembourg and risk our 5 game winning streak over 85 years record against them.

Would probably be 0-0 anyway.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 2:09pm

Jesus Christ that is a sickener. 
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 67>
  Share Topic