Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

England Friendly - Nov 12th Wembley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 67>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Might need to lower the expectation going into the next three games. A lot of our key players are finding it very difficult at the moment 

Key players that can't get game time due to injury or selection.- 
Hourihane, Molumby, Shane Long, Brady, idah, mccarthy, mccgoldrick, Coleman, Randolph.

Some people might not worry about club form on here but players not playing regularly is a serious issue.

I'd predict 2 losses and a draw over the three games 
  Hummm i think we will defeat Bulgaria be shocked if we don't , well not that shocked come to think of it .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 12:04pm
Coleman was doing well, but do we really have any players outstanding at the moment? None I can think of. Doherty isn't looking great for Spurs and he's our player performing at the highest level, I suppose the jury is still out on him. 
Wouldn't it be nice if we even had one player outstanding in a top league at the moment...
It's a depressing time. 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Coleman was doing well, but do we really have any players outstanding at the moment? None I can think of. Doherty isn't looking great for Spurs and he's our player performing at the highest level, I suppose the jury is still out on him. 
Wouldn't it be nice if we even had one player outstanding in a top league at the moment...
It's a depressing time. 

It's starting to look like a desperate season for our players. When is the last time a midfielder or striker broke through for us and had a really good season for a top 10 Premier League side. It's just not happening 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 1:20pm
Our likely starting 11.....

Randolph (hasn't played)
Stevens (plenty of games, hasn't been that good)
Duffy (plenty of games, has been so-so. Not as bad as some celtic fans make out)
Egan (plenty of games, has been so-so)
Doherty (played enough games, has been so-so. Where is attacking Matt gone?!)
McCarthy (hasn't played)
Hourihane (hasn't played)
Hendrick (plenty of games. same old story though. games pass him by)
Connolly (bit part player. no goals.)
McGoldrick (bit part player. no goals.)
O'Dowda (a couple of 90 mins and bit parts. has been so-so no goals.)

Also....Idah, Parrott, Connolly, Molumby haven't kicked on for various reasons.

Pre-Covid, if you told me this is where things would be end of the year... would have been genuinely quite surprised. Hopefully 6 months down the road it's a different story.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 2:01pm
Its definitely not all doom and gloom. We do have players from the u21s being promoted and starting to.make their impact. The best of which form the spine of a team -

Gk
Bazunu
Travers 

Df
Oshea 
Collins
Dunne

Mid
Molumby
Knight

Fwd
Connolly
Idah 

Likely.going to take 2 years though...
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Randolph (hasn't played)
Stevens (plenty of games, hasn't been that good)
Duffy (plenty of games, has been so-so. Not as bad as some celtic fans make out)
Egan (plenty of games, has been so-so)
McCarthy (hasn't played)
Hourihane (hasn't played)
Hendrick (plenty of games. same old story though. games pass him by)
Connolly (bit part player. no goals.)
McGoldrick (bit part player. no goals.)
O'Dowda (a couple of 90 mins and bit parts. has been so-so no goals.)

Also....Idah, Parrott, Connolly, Molumby haven't kicked on for various reasons.

Pre-Covid, if you told me this is where things would be end of the year... would have been genuinely quite surprised. Hopefully 6 months down the road it's a different story.

connolly and mc goldrick have both scored this season? hendrick has scored and played every game for newcastle? mc carthy and o'dowda have both missed many games with injury rather than being left out of their teams. i think you are possibly being overly negative. we have more players in the premiership than we have in many years
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 4:20pm

Same place Duffer went when Mourinho got his hands on him Confused

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 03 Nov 2020 at 4:20pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Same place Duffer went when Mourinho got his hands on him Confused

Dunno about Duff, but trust me, Doherty is a Mourinho pick.

He has sometimes started with Aurier, who is very much an attacking FB, if only because he can't defend for sh*t. However that's due to the need to rotate his squad more than anything else, also the injury to Tanganga, who I suspect will be the back-up to Doherty when fit.

Meanwhile, having failed to get rid of Aurier in the last window, even on a free, I'd guess they'll try again in January and if successful, Doherty will get the gig full time, attack and defend.

Edited by Territorial - 03 Nov 2020 at 10:19pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 10:33pm
Spurs fans happy with his performances so far Terri?
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Spurs fans happy with his performances so far Terri?
Hard to speak for others, since we're not allowed into the Lane (obviously!) and I don't bother with Spurs social media. But those Spurs fans I keep up with personally seem to be OK with him.

My own view is that he's not been brilliant so far, but neither has he been poor.

Considering he's new to Spurs, Mourinho and his teammates etc, I'd say he'll need half a season to bed in properly, esp since the team itself is going through a lot of changes as Mourinho tests his squad. A new international manager in Kenny will be further change for him to adapt to.

Anyway I was pleased when we signed him and I've not noticed anything to change my mind. Thumbs Up

Edited by Territorial - 03 Nov 2020 at 10:55pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 1:05pm
Obafemi and Long left out
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 1:06pm
what forwards Included 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 1:07pm
Republic of Ireland Squad 

Goalkeepers: Darren Randolph (West Ham United), Caoimhín Kelleher (Liverpool), Mark Travers (AFC Bournemouth).
Defenders: Seamus Coleman (Everton), Matt Doherty (Tottenham Hotspur), Enda Stevens (Sheffield United), Kevin Long (Burnley), Shane Duffy (Celtic, on loan from Brighton and Hove Albion), John Egan (Sheffield United), Dara O'Shea (West Bromwich Albion).
Midfielders: Conor Hourihane (Aston Villa), James McCarthy (Crystal Palace), Harry Arter (Nottingham Forest), Jeff Hendrick (Newcastle United), Alan Browne (Preston North End), Jayson Molumby (Brighton and Hove Albion), Robbie Brady (Burnley), Jack Byrne (Shamrock Rovers).
Forwards: Callum Robinson (West Bromwich Albion), Callum O'Dowda (Bristol City), James McClean (Stoke City), Aaron Connolly (Brighton and Hove Albion), Adam Idah (Norwich City), James Collins (Luton Town), Ronan Curtis (Portsmouth), Daryl Horgan (Wycombe Wanderers).
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 1:07pm
james collins curtis, daryl horgan. least excited I have every been about an ireland game :'(
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 1:12pm
Edit:  double post

Edited by wanderer - 05 Nov 2020 at 1:12pm
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 1:12pm
Ronan Curtis. Holy god. That man isn’t a footballer 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 1:13pm
reality of the standard of our squad kicks in😟😟
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 1:14pm
Not sure what Kenny's beef is with Obafemi.  Clash at U21 level?

While he isn't top notch he is better than a lot of names on that squad list
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 67>
  Share Topic