Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

England Friendly - Nov 12th Wembley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 67>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 8:52am
it’s clear that covid was the major issue here and the fact we have 2 uk games and then one trip to Ireland means little chance of what happened in the previous window.  

Covid and money 

Edited by Baldrick - 22 Oct 2020 at 8:53am
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

it’s clear that covid was the major issue here and the fact we have 2 uk games and then one trip to Ireland means little chance of what happened in the previous window.  

Covid and money 

Stop bringing some sort of sense into this Baldie ffs 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 22 Oct 2020 at 9:00am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 9:04am
So once again outside of the rankings permutations the main reasons for not wanting to play the game on here are (1) we might get beat by a few goals and (2) protect a 35 year unbeaten record against a team we have played 5 times since that win in 1985.

Some amount of whingers on here. Without taking the piss it might be time for some Mayo GAA fans to give a pep talk on hope and belief.

Edited by sausy - 22 Oct 2020 at 9:22am
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 9:19am

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Will be good to see how Kenny will set the side up for this one .

This is a very good side we will be playing and will our set up change .

I didn't to play them but now we are lets hope we can put on a show .

How do we put on a show murph.  Let’s be honest if we win you will
Think we have put on a show and if you lose you will think it’s crap.  You don’t actually care about the show.  At least be honest 

1/ I would hate to see us get flogged
2/ Playing it around the back and we will be in big trouble .
3/ The pace of the England front line is there for all to see .
4/ What will Kenny do , how will he set up the team .
5/ I fecking hate England .

You didn’t answer the question.  What is Ireland putting on a show.  You mean getting a win or draw. 

I talk about results and getting them so do you really need to ask 

So why mention putting on a show.  You dont believe that.   If we are rubbish and win the game through and own goal you will be delighted.   Is that a show ?

Sometimes i wonder if you understand football Baldie .

Love to see the team rip someone a new one but just as happy " on the whole " to see us win a game .

Questions i want a simple yes or no answer to them .

Are you happy with the amount of goals we have scored from Kenny's 5 games , Yes or No ?
Are you happy with the Results from the last 5 games , Yes or No ?
Are you happy to continue with Kenny no matter what the results are for the next 2 to 4 years , Yes or No ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Ebeneezer Goode Ebeneezer Goode wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Poppies everywhere I suppose.

Why do people even care? Poppies as a symbol of remembrance comes from the USA.
Canada
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 9:43am
not going to quote murph as it becomes hard to read but you said the word show.  I am
Calling bullsh*t on that.  You don’t want a show.  

I would rather more goals and I think we need to work on our finishing but I wasn’t happy with the amount of goals under Mick either and I didn’t see where they could come from.  I see us creating at least twice the amount of chances now.  But results will dictate in the end and if we still do not have enough goals by the end of the WC qualifiers Kenny will be in trouble like any manager.  

So I am encouraged by the performances over the last 5 games.  The results have been in keeping with our results over the last 3 to 4 years so Kenny has neither dipped or improved the results.  

If we get similar results throughout the whole campaign. Draws and no wins and the odd lost I think it will be like Micks campaign and he may stay on if we draw with 1st seeds and 2nd or 3rd seeds and we are in with a shout to qualify.   If we get beaten and only draw with 2nd and 4th seeds he will be in trouble.  

I wouldn’t give Kenny a blank cheque for the next four years but I wouldn’t have qualification as the criteria to keep his job.  

So in conclusion I am not happy with our finishing and if this continues for 2 years I won’t be happy.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

The FAI needed the money so they were never going to turn it down. Have they ever chosen friendlies to better our rankings tho? 

I doubt England will play their strongest team but they will still have enough to beat us. Hopefully we can put in a good performance. The players should be really up for it.

Let’s be honest, even if we were in pot2 our chances were slim. Pot3 means we need a Hail Mary. 

What money will they get for this? No fans means not much cash available for an appearance fee. 

TV rights are king and have been for a long time.
Broadcasters will pay for the rights to show this match and part of that revenue will go to the teams.

This international date is already part of the existing TV deal I believe hence we "had" to play.
No extra cash from that perspective for it being England. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 10:10am

The FAI needed the money so they were never going to turn it down. Have they ever chosen friendlies to better our rankings tho? 

I doubt England will play their strongest team but they will still have enough to beat us. Hopefully we can put in a good performance. The players should be really up for it.

Let’s be honest, even if we were in pot2 our chances were slim. Pot3 means we need a Hail Mary. 

What money will they get for this? No fans means not much cash available for an appearance fee. 

Broadcasters will pay for the rights to show this match and part of that revenue will go to the teams.

This international date is already part of the existing TV deal I believe hence we "had" to play.

Although you'd presume they're saving on the cost of a charter etc...
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I know they beat Belgium recently but they also lost at home to Denmark and struggled against Iceland.

Hugely talented squad but they are no Finland!

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 2:39pm
[QUOTE=Baldrick]not going to quote murph as it becomes hard to read but you said the word show.  I am

I would rather more goals and I think we need to work on our finishing but I wasn’t happy with the amount of goals under Mick either and I didn’t see where they could come from.  I see us creating at least twice the amount of chances now.  But results will dictate in the end and if we still do not have enough goals by the end of the WC qualifiers Kenny will be in trouble like any manager.  

So I am encouraged by the performances over the last 5 games.  The results have been in keeping with our results over the last 3 to 4 years so Kenny has neither dipped or improved the results.  

If we get similar results throughout the whole campaign. Draws and no wins and the odd lost I think it will be like Micks campaign and he may stay on if we draw with 1st seeds and 2nd or 3rd seeds and we are in with a shout to qualify.   If we get beaten and only draw with 2nd and 4th seeds he will be in trouble.  

I wouldn’t give Kenny a blank cheque for the next four years but I wouldn’t have qualification as the criteria to keep his job.  

So in conclusion I am not happy with our finishing and if this continues for 2 years I won’t be happy.  
[/QUOTE

Are you happy with the amount of goals we have scored from Kenny's 5 games , Yes or No ?
Are you happy to continue with Kenny no matter what the results are for the next 2 to 4 years , Yes or No ?

All i asked for was YES or No answers , you should get into politics Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

So once again outside of the rankings permutations the main reasons for not wanting to play the game on here are (1) we might get beat by a few goals and (2) protect a 35 year unbeaten record against a team we have played 5 times since that win in 1985.

Some amount of whingers on here. Without taking the piss it might be time for some Mayo GAA fans to give a pep talk on hope and belief.
Oh the greenbacks and readies of Covid
I can see them still

Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 3:27pm

[QUOTE=Baldrick]not going to quote murph as it becomes hard to read but you said the word show.  I am

[/QUOTE

All i asked for was YES or No answers , you should get into politics Big smile

Anyone who thinks analyzing a manager by binary Yes/No answers like that when an entire outdated mindset is being changed is a dunce.

We have sh*t players when it comes to winning matches, we probably have hopefully a decent manager but who knows if he’ll get eaten up by the poison in the Irish job that has existed for the past 15 or so years.

This is a minimum 2 year project.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 3:53pm

I'm pretty sure the home team only receives the TV revenue (at least after UEFA have taken their share).

At least, that's the way it is for the P/O Final, where Bosnia won't get a cut from Belfast.

If so, it will be up to the FAI to negotiate an appearance fee with The FA.

EDIT: When I say "TV rights", it occurs I may instead be thinking of gate receipts! Embarrassed

Which won't now be a factor.

Anyhow, if that is the case, then "As You Were".

Edited by Territorial - 22 Oct 2020 at 3:56pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I'm pretty sure the home team only receives the TV revenue (at least after UEFA have taken their share).

At least, that's the way it is for the P/O Final, where Bosnia won't get a cut from Belfast.

EDIT: When I say "TV rights", it occurs I may instead be thinking of gate receipts! Embarrassed

It would be very generous indeed if Bosnia where to get a cut of the play-off revenue. Even Delaney couldn't have managed that type of deal...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

It would be very generous indeed if Bosnia where to get a cut of the play-off revenue. Even Delaney couldn't have managed that type of deal...
Good point! LOL

It should, of course, have read Slovakia, but I'm still basking in Sarajevo (in my mind, at least).
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Considering it’s England v Ireland would foreign broadcasters not be buying the rights to show this match in USA, Australia etc? 

I know the Sky deal is already done and agreed. 

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 6:41pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Considering it’s England v Ireland would foreign broadcasters not be buying the rights to show this match in USA, Australia etc? 

I know the Sky deal is already done and agreed. 

Centralised TV deals mean this is already done. 

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 7:52pm
what’s the ranking points difference between a draw v  🇧🇦 and a defeat to 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 67>
  Share Topic