You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

England Friendly - Nov 12th Wembley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 64656667>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 2:06pm
I'm with Kevin on this.
The younger players have done v well at underage and these Autumn games, Slovakia aside, should be where they are tried.

And we have given them good minutes on the pitch and bit for injuries, I'd wager both Connolly and Parrot would have played a good deal.
Idah is being chanced.
I'd like to see Knight start tomorrow.  He's been pulled from the U21 squad and I hope not to just sit on the bench.

Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

The players that were pivotal in getting Wales qualified were Bale, Ramsey, kieffer Moore, Harry Wilson and Dan James. Players of a standard that we don’t really have. Wales also had an easier grouo due to their superior seeding. They are brave in blooding their youngsters and now so are we. McCarthy didn’t blood any youngsters apart from Connolly because there weren’t any youngsters to blood apart from Connolly. He still gave lee O’Connor and Parrott time in friendlies.

I’m not sure there’s any major lesson to be learnt from Wales, we are throwing youngster in at the deep end now when they aren’t really up to it but they are doing their work experience.

I'd still argue that Wales were less than stellar in their efforts at Qualifying for Euro 2020. Their win in their opening game of the campaign was the difference, which Slovakia failed to be able to overturn (and they had a couple of leakier games against Croatia). But Wales had a few moments of luck here and there, and they were played off the park in Budapest, and we lucky to escape a home match against Azerbaijan with all there points.

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

depressed murph.  Get a life ffs.  There is real depression going on due to many reasons loss of jobs covid etc.  

Depressed over a friendly match. Give me a break. 
I would you must be swinging around the rafters you are so happy . Confused

Murph where did I say I was happy but I am not depressed over a friendly match.  

It’s football and I wanted us to win and I hope we win on Sunday but depression is OTT language.  I wouldn’t even be down about it never mind depressed.  

We were very poor last night we have a weak squad that is going through a transition.  There isn’t much more to say beyond that.   Hopefully By the time of World Cup qualifiers the players will have progressed both at club level and as a unit and we start performing better individual and as unit.  

Until then we just grin and bear it and put things in perspective. 
Grin and bear it ehhh . Half my life i have never seen England beat us and last night we went down without much of a fight . 

It was a bloody football friendly murph. Feic sake get over it. 

In one Baldie " a bloody football friendly " as you are a modern football , Internet to$$er ,save the world , fecking snowflake .
We were playing England in Wembley put your life on the line, make each minute fell like your last , never lose an inch , play until you drop, and never except defeat .
You have lost your passion and gone soft , hey that's what love does .
Still love yer Heart

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Weve been on the decline for years, the Kenny era is just a continuation of that. 

Things may well get worse before they get better 
This in a nutshell. Next campaign could be a tough one but hopefully we'll be over the worst of it then
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The players that were pivotal in getting Wales qualified were Bale, Ramsey, kieffer Moore, Harry Wilson and Dan James. Players of a standard that we don’t really have. Wales also had an easier grouo due to their superior seeding. They are brave in blooding their youngsters and now so are we. McCarthy didn’t blood any youngsters apart from Connolly because there weren’t any youngsters to blood apart from Connolly. He still gave lee O’Connor and Parrott time in friendlies.

I’m not sure there’s any major lesson to be learnt from Wales, we are throwing youngster in at the deep end now when they aren’t really up to it but they are doing their work experience.

I'd still argue that Wales were less than stellar in their efforts at Qualifying for Euro 2020. Their win in their opening game of the campaign was the difference, which Slovakia failed to be able to overturn (and they had a couple of leakier games against Croatia). But Wales had a few moments of luck here and there, and they were played off the park in Budapest, and we lucky to escape a home match against Azerbaijan with all there points.

You say Moore, Wilson and Dan James are a much better standard than our players. Not really sure if that is true. Bale and Ramsey I’d agree with . 

Edited by Liam Green - 14 Nov 2020 at 4:25pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 5:57pm

Those three players are no better than anything we have. Kiefer Moore is a similar player to James Collins, i.e. not good enough for international football.

You're only namimg James because he plays for United, and I suspect Wilson has been named because he used to play for Liverpool. He's hardly setting the Championship alight at the moment. 
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 12:48am
Moore is a carthorse but he's transformed how Wales play tbf to him. He's a focal point and can hold the ball up and has got 2 or 3 goals for them in big games

I agree we have players of his standard mind
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 1:06am
Harry Wilson scored 15 goals on loan at derby. We think molumby’s ready because millwall fans like him but he only scored one goal there. Cutting edge.

Daniel James is in bad form. But he is transferred for a more expensive fee than any of our squad ever has. If you want to tell yourself any of  O’Dowda, Horgan, Brady, McClean are going to to have as good a career as Dan James then go ahead. Maybe Connolly can, maybe.

Kieffer Moore Is 6’5 and has quality crossers putting in the ball to him. Our best crosser normally doesn’t start at Burnley. 

Ireland are a team in search of a talisman. They have good nuts and bolts players but they are extremely low on inspiration and match winners able to get the team behind defences . Have been for 10 years. 
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 1:37am

Harry Wilson scored 15 goals on loan at derby. We think molumby’s ready because millwall fans like him but he only scored one goal there. Cutting edge.

Daniel James is in bad form. But he is transferred for a more expensive fee than any of our squad ever has. If you want to tell yourself any of  O’Dowda, Horgan, Brady, McClean are going to to have as good a career as Dan James then go ahead. Maybe Connolly can, maybe.

Kieffer Moore Is 6’5 and has quality crossers putting in the ball to him. Our best crosser normally doesn’t start at Burnley. 

Ireland are a team in search of a talisman. They have good nuts and bolts players but they are extremely low on inspiration and match winners able to get the team behind defences . Have been for 10 years. 
comparing Harry Wilson with molumby ...... good god
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

comparing Harry Wilson with molumby ...... good god

Exactly, 2 totally different players and positions. Molumby only scored once, he plays more in the holding role LOL

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 15 Nov 2020 at 11:33am
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 12:03pm
wilson is a bit like hourihane, great free kick, long shot, cultured left foot, but often does not contribute a lot in open play
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 12:16pm
Ireland are not in huge need of holding role players or nuts and bolts players. They are in need of players that turn 0 into 1 on the scoreboard. That is the point.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 12:20pm
molumby is box-to-box, not holding
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

molumby is box-to-box, not holding

I would agree. So his goal count so far in his young career isn’t great.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 12:37pm
another one you will write off so? catch yourself on man, every young player is no good if they aren't the complete package from day 1 in your eyes it seems
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

another one you will write off so? catch yourself on man, every young player is no good if they aren't the complete package from day 1 in your eyes it seems

A player who threatens the oppositions goals is not the “complete package”. I’m not writing molumby off. He’ll be a good nuts and bolts player for Ireland, better than the hendrick’s and Hourihane’s. But we need a player that turns 0 into 1 on the scoreboard. 
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 12:47pm
judging players by goal tallies Confused

I hate modern football - everything seems to be viewed through the prism of fantasy football rather than seeing what qualities they can bring to a side
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

judging players by goal tallies Confused

I hate modern football - everything seems to be viewed through the prism of fantasy football rather than seeing what qualities they can bring to a side

What’s the major problem for Ireland for the past 6 games? Have you noticed any consistent theme in the matches?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 64656667>
  Share Topic