Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

England Friendly - Nov 12th Wembley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 67>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:56pm
Will be good to see how Kenny will set the side up for this one .

This is a very good side we will be playing and will our set up change .

I didn't to play them but now we are lets hope we can put on a show .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

We haven't lost to them since 1985. Lucky Steo will soon put an end to that record..

As long as he continues to overlook Jack Byrne, that’s the priority.
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:57pm
anyway good luck Ireland.  Im not being facetious 
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:57pm
Lucky to get a draw imo 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:58pm
Pot 2 or pot 3 we won't qualify for the world cup finals anyway unless there is a miracle akin to the parting of the Red sea so all this whining over ranking is pointless. Our best hope is qualifying for Euro 24. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
triggs1993 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggs1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:00pm
Will be interesting to see how it goes against a higher tiered side. Hope we don't lose but it wouldn't be the end of the world neither
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

yeah don’t get the pessimism you would swear England were Spain 2008 to 2012.   Most likely result is they win by one or a draw in my view.  

Looking forward to it but rankings are a concern I suppose but money probably overrides that concern.  Don’t fancy the Swiss in pot 2 or Germany if they drop into it. 
You don't honestly think u can get a draw against England.  We battered wales with our second string team. 

we almost never lose to england, so a draw is very realistic
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

yeah don’t get the pessimism you would swear England were Spain 2008 to 2012.   Most likely result is they win by one or a draw in my view.  

Looking forward to it but rankings are a concern I suppose but money probably overrides that concern.  Don’t fancy the Swiss in pot 2 or Germany if they drop into it. 
You don't honestly think u can get a draw against England.  We battered wales with our second string team. 

We are the best in the world at drawing against teams, no matter how good or awful the opposition is. 5 outta the last 6 games between us have been draws (not counting the time we were well on the way to hammering you out the gates in 95 before your fans started a riot)... BACK THE DRAW
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:03pm
Probably part of the deal that brought Jonathan Hill to the FAI Smile
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:04pm
Anybody can draw in training against anyone. It won't even be quarter-paced. Remember the last one between these teams! 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Can't for the life of me understand how still nobody in the FAI considers how the games we play impact on our rankings. We should be playing a beatable team at home to try and improve our ranking - The game against England is just stupid. 

Tbh, there probably weren't that many alternatives open to them, home or away.

Some teams are already tied up with ENL  P/O games.

Others will have travel/quarantine bans which will either hurt them if they go to Dublin, or hurt ROI if they have to play away.

Such games will be very expensive to stage, inc the visiting team possibly having to charter a jet in the absence of scheduled services.

Teams coming to Dublin will likely therefore demand a big fee, which the FAI obviously cannot pay. And if ROI travel eg to Bosnia or Cyprus or somewhere, the domestic TV rights and sponsorship etc for a game against ROI will be peanuts, so thay won't be able to offer you anything, even to defray your own minimum costs.

Whereas playing at Wembley avoids all of those, with little downside other than a possible "Tanking for the Ranking".
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Anybody can draw in training against anyone. It won't even be quarter-paced. Remember the last one between these teams! 

That was a particularly grim affair alright. 0-0 with more or less no chances for either side. Hopefully the same again for this one so.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

How do we put on a show murph.  Let’s be honest if we win you will
Think we have put on a show and if you lose you will think it’s crap.  You don’t actually care about the show.  At least be honest 
AKA pedantic kunt
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:23pm
Like it or not, this is a huge game.

I was and still am in the "we shouldn't be playing this game due to world cup seedings" group.. but I'm now very excited for it (as I'm sure most are)
OysterCatcher View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OysterCatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:28pm
those that view perfidious albion as their lord and master, football wise, will no doubt be soiling their [insert random EPL team] covered duvet at the thoughts of this game.
A 1 níl defeat is expected. 

Edited by OysterCatcher - 21 Oct 2020 at 1:29pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:32pm

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

How do we put on a show murph.  Let’s be honest if we win you will
Think we have put on a show and if you lose you will think it’s crap.  You don’t actually care about the show.  At least be honest 

1/ I would hate to see us get flogged
2/ Playing it around the back and we will be in big trouble .
3/ The pace of the England front line is there for all to see .
4/ What will Kenny do , how will he set up the team .
5/ I fecking hate England .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:34pm
Operation kill Rice and Grelish (bet they will opp out of the squad)
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:35pm
wonder what price McClean to get booked will be?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 67>
  Share Topic