You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FINLAND VS IRELAND

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 37>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 9:20pm

The Football Association of Ireland wishes to update media on the following.

• The HSE have now confirmed that the result from a UEFA COVID-19 test on an FAI staff member taken in Bratislava last Wednesday has been officially classified as a false positive
  • The HSE has informed the FAI that it is now happy that the FAI staff member is no longer regarded as a positive test and is out of quarantine
  • All the FAI staff member’s close contacts are no longer subject to restrictions of their movements
  • The Ireland squad and backroom staff were tested for COVID-19 at their Dublin base on Sunday night with results due on Monday afternoon
  • The Ireland team will now fly to Helsinki on Tuesday ahead of Wednesday night’s UEFA Nations League game against Finland

Details on manager Stephen Kenny’s call-ups for the Finland game will be available later tonight.

Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Doherty did well as a stand in centre back. albeit, not against the toughest of opponents but still.

funny how corpus was so far out in the cold only a few short weeks ago and he's back in the mix again. he did well too. 
Well you would swear according to the Sky commentators that Kieffer Moore was world class.

bit surprised to learn that he was 28. i was under impression he was a rookie young fella. 

Couldn't believe he is 28. Thought he was the next up and coming Welsh youngster a la Bale/Ramsey 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 11 Oct 2020 at 9:25pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 9:26pm
what a f**king mess. 

Cant see Idah and AC being released for this one. Hope i am wrong.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Doherty did well as a stand in centre back. albeit, not against the toughest of opponents but still.

funny how corpus was so far out in the cold only a few short weeks ago and he's back in the mix again. he did well too. 
Well you would swear according to the Sky commentators that Kieffer Moore was world class.

bit surprised to learn that he was 28. i was under impression he was a rookie young fella. 

Couldn't believe he is 28. Thought he was the next up and coming Welsh youngster a la Bale/Ramsey 

He was absolutely sh*te. Outside of Bale the Welsh are struggling for an out and out goal scorer.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 9:53pm

They never shut up about him. Has a good goals to game ratio for them but hasn't played that many games for a 28 year old. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Yeah, the FAI are looking into the situation with the two lads I believe.
I agree the main issue would be with their clubs - I'd say clubs are lookin on in some distress at what is unfolding here.
Having sad that, I can see no health reasons why they should not be allowed join up.

If we got those two back, and Knight and O'Shea, I'd say we will be looking good for Wednesday and I'd say all would start bar Knight.
I'd say you could be right.

I'd say I need a new editor...
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Bham_McDermott Bham_McDermott wrote:

Could Jimmy Dunne get a look in

What i have seen of him so far this season playing for Burnley maybe a place in the squad but nothing more than that .

Oh wow, didn't realise he was in contention to start with Burnley. Must get him into my Fantasy Football team! Seen him play in person while he was out on loan.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:25pm
From FAI Twitter: Five players called up for the Finland match Dara O'Shea Jason Knight Adam Idah Ryan Manning Ronan Curtis

Interesting that Connolly isn't there....assume the club had a say in that.
The five lads who missed out today....are they allowed back in if they get negative test results tomorrow?

Edited by Fozz - 11 Oct 2020 at 10:28pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:27pm
So Brighton told us to do one.

Nice to see Manning in. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:27pm
Wonder why Connolly isnt back. Pity 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:28pm
Curtis ffs LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:28pm
Idah in but connolly out...jaysus you couldn't make this upLOL
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

From FAI Twitter: Five players called up for the Finland match Dara O'Shea Jason Knight Adam Idah Ryan Manning Ronan Curtis

Interesting that Connolly isn't there....assume the club had a say in that.
The five lads who missed out today....are they allowed back in if they get negative test results tomorrow?

Nope all close contacts of a confirmed case so can't come back in
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:29pm
Connolly's latest tweet makes it seem like he may be trying to join up too .

Edited by Maccatacca - 11 Oct 2020 at 10:31pm
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:30pm
Republic of Ireland manager Stephen Kenny has called five players into the squad for the UEFA Nations League match against Finland. 

West Bromwich Albion defender Dara O'Shea and Derby County midfielder Jason Knight have been promoted from the U-21 squad whilst Norwich City striker Adam Idah rejoins the squad following clearance from the HSE.

QPR midfielder Ryan Manning has been called into the senior squad for the first time and Portsmouth forward Ronan Curtis is the fifth player to link up.

All five players have joined the squad in Dublin before they travel to Finland on Tuesday for Wednesday's UEFA Nations League match in Helsinki.

The Ireland squad and backroom staff were tested for COVID-19 at their Dublin base on Sunday night with results due on Monday afternoon.

Republic of Ireland Squad 

Goalkeepers: Darren Randolph (West Ham United), Caoimhin Kelleher (Liverpool), Mark Travers (Bournemouth).
Defenders: Matt Doherty (Tottenham Hotspur), Enda Stevens (Sheffield United), Shane Duffy (Celtic, on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion), Kevin Long (Burnley), Cyrus Christie (Nottingham Forest, on loan from Fulham), Dara O'Shea (West Bromwich Albion).
Midfielders: Conor Hourihane (Aston Villa), James McCarthy (Crystal Palace), Jeff Hendrick (Newcastle United), Jayson Molumby (Brighton & Hove Albion), Jack Byrne (Shamrock Rovers), Robbie Brady (Burnley), Josh Cullen (Anderlecht), Jason Knight (Derby County), Ryan Manning (Queens Park Rangers).
Forwards: James McClean (Stoke City), Daryl Horgan (Wycombe Wanderers), David McGoldrick (Sheffield United), Sean Maguire (Preston North End), Shane Long (Southampton), Adam Idah (Norwich City), Ronan Curtis (Portsmouth)
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:32pm
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:32pm
Seemed a sizeable crowd at Finland's match today....strange seeing a crowd and also a crowd in Gdansk for the Polish game. 

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 11 Oct 2020 at 10:35pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Connolly's latest tweet makes it seem like he may be trying to join up too .

I'm guessing he's not 💯 behind their decision..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 37>
  Share Topic