You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FINLAND VS IRELAND

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 37>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Hendrick, Hourihane, Brady, McClean, Maguire, Horgan are all to blame and not good enough and should be nowhere near the team.

Running out of players quick enough to point the finger at.

The only surprise is that Kenny hasn't been called a dinosaur (yet), because that has happened our previous 3 managers, even though some of them qualified for a major tournament.

Anyway, I thought we had a very good first half, the biggest issue is scoring goals, Connolly had a good game and looks dangerous, O'Shea did ok, thought he possibly could have done better for the goal, Molumby was anonymous.

The covid shambles really f**ked up Kenny's ability to play his best players, and is very unfortunate in this regard.

There are clear signs that we are heading in the right direction, none of these results matter if it means the team is fully developed for the WC qualifiers.

Lastly, I can't believe Kevin Long is 30

Kenny has had shocking luck but give me a lucky General. 

I think there are signs of regression. The things we are good at (the stuff footy snobs overlook) have disimproved.

This squad of players will not achieve maximum results playing pretty ball. 

This forum is full of footy purists. I want to see pretty ball but this project will not work. 

The WCQ is shaping up to be a car crash. 

Note. We have not played a top team yet. 
What way do you think we should be playing avfc ? 
I think we need to mix our game up a bit more . The ball over the top and down the line worked well and helped us build up more pressure. It was only a matter of time over last few games when we’d get caught out like we did for the goal today. So better to make those mistakes now and not in the wcq.. 
also people on here who think Burnley are an exclusively long ball are not correct . I’ve seen an awful lot of their games and they do pass the ball a lot when it’s possible. Very disappointed today but we haven’t had any breaks at all over the last week. I’m still hopeful  
Sponsored Links

Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:07pm
I like Kenny and I love what he is trying to do but he needs to realise that at international level you can't just have one set of tactics and that's it. We have top class wing backs, we don't have any wingers, we have lots of middle of the road center backs and center midfielders, we have what could be good forward. We need to utilise this, it's been said a thousand times but 3 5 2 is perfect for us. We don't need average players like odowda mcclean Brady horgan in the starting eleven just because you want to play your formation. Gareth Southgate is not a great manager but he realises he has to fit the best players into their beat positions and that's why he's been successful. When Kenny realises this he will be successful. 

Edited by Adobolo - 14 Oct 2020 at 10:07pm
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:09pm
I would like to see Kenny go with 3 at the back and use Stevens and Doherty as wing backs, plus give Byrne or Crowley a shot . We need a creative no 10 and what harm is it trying these lads as there is literally no one else unless you play McGoldrick a bit deeper .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:10pm

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I wouldn't be panicking just yet. This team looks solid enough and doesn't concede many.

But we still need to improve a bit. We're probably not creating enough chances and not taking any of them....if we could get this part right, we could be flying.

This is project Stan 2.0

You must have been happy with the result today.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:11pm
We need to put it in the mixer as well as getting in amongst them while getting at them and whip balls into the box and stop this fannying about on the ball.  Launch it up to the big man and watch Johnny Foreigner wilt under the strain.  Steak and chip for pre match meal as well and pints after.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:12pm
I admire your hope. It's misplaced. 

I don't want us playing a high line leaving Duffy exposed. I don't want the defence or GK playing short passes. I want the bact 4 tight and compact with 2 Cm shielding the back 4. 

I want two up top chasing and putting the defence under pressure. 
I do not like this ball but it's all we have. 

Our set pieces have been highly disappointing. This must improve. 

I look at what we do off the ball this week and I'm not impressed. We look slack. We lack bite. We look easy to play against. That worries me. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:15pm
@LiamGreen, you wrote

"Also people on here who think Burnley are an exclusively long ball are not correct . I’ve seen an awful lot of their games and they do pass the ball a lot when it’s possible"

Which is nothing more than fabricated nonsense on your part and the stats below tell their own story, Burnley play one way and one way only = Direct by getting the ball upto the front men as quick as possible and winning second and third balls if the first ball isn't won.

Possession Stats

20/21 Season - Burnley 15th
19/20 Season - Burnley 19th
18/19 Season - Burnley 18th
17/18 Season - Burnley 16th
16/17 Season - Burnley 19th

Passing Stats

20/21 Season - Burnley 19th
19/20 Season - Burnley 20th
18/19 Season - Burnley 19th
17/18 Season - Burnley 20th
16/17 Season - Burnley 20th

Edited by Green Devil - 14 Oct 2020 at 10:20pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:15pm
/QUOTE]

Kenny has had shocking luck but give me a lucky General. 

I think there are signs of regression. The things we are good at (the stuff footy snobs overlook) have disimproved.

This squad of players will not achieve maximum results playing pretty ball. 

This forum is full of footy purists. I want to see pretty ball but this project will not work. 

The WCQ is shaping up to be a car crash. 

Note. We have not played a top team yet. 
[/QUOTE]

Making three passes in a game and you're a footy snob LOLLOLLOL

You mention signs of regression but don't really state what they are? Whatever we were good at before and are now bad at please enlighten us? 

Performances have improved but results have not... yet! 

Its been a frustrating few weeks on terms of results but we're definitely on the right track.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:16pm

Chris Coleman lost his first five Wales game in a row.

They lost 6-1 away to Serbia in their second qualifier.

Kenny needs time.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:16pm

I don't want us playing a high line leaving Duffy exposed. I don't want the defence or GK playing short passes. I want the bact 4 tight and compact with 2 Cm shielding the back 4. 

I look at what we do off the ball this week and I'm not impressed. We look slack. We lack bite. We look easy to play against. That worries me. 

You do realize that most of the good to top sides in Europe will easily beat our press by simply passing the ball around our front men if it's headless chasing?
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:19pm

GET THIS TO KENNY FAST! THE WORLD CUP IS AT STAKE!
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

@LiamGreen, you wrote

"Also people on here who think Burnley are an exclusively long ball are not correct . I’ve seen an awful lot of their games and they do pass the ball a lot when it’s possible"

Which has is nothing more than fabricated nonsense on your part and the stats below tell their own story, Burnley play one way and one way only = Direct

Possession Stats

Passing Stats

I’m not f**king stupid... I’ve seen them pass the ball and mix with the long ball you tool. They are not a tippy tappy team but they pass the ball and mix it up

Edited by Liam Green - 14 Oct 2020 at 10:24pm
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:24pm

You do realize that most of the good to top sides in Europe will easily beat our press by simply passing the ball around our front men if it's headless chasing?

We have become an easy team to play against. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

@LiamGreen, you wrote

Which has is nothing more than fabricated nonsense on your part and the stats below tell their own story, Burnley play one way and one way only = Direct

Possession Stats

Passing Stats

I’m not f**king stupid... I’ve seen them pass the ball and mix with the long ball you tool

Really? LOL

They "pass the ball a lot"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:29pm

We have become an easy team to play against. 

We've been fairly easy to play against for the last number of years though?

Our win percentage is absolutely awful for as long as I can remember?

There's no great skill in nicking a draw here and there when we've been absolutely battered for 90mins, where luck was involved is there?.

Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:29pm

Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

@LiamGreen, you wrote

Possession Stats

Passing Stats

I’m not f**king stupid... I’ve seen them pass the ball and mix with the long ball you tool

Really? LOL

They "pass the ball a lot"
They mix their game with the long ball and passing too. They are not a tippy tappy team 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:35pm
They really don't when you're talking about their overall brand of football, anything between a 60%-70% passing ratio average per game is pretty direct football for the most part in the modern game.

The likes of Wolves or Everton would be much more like to mix it up than Burnley. 

Just because not every ball is long or the keeper may play a pass and receive it back has no bearing on the fact that Burnley will always be regarded as a long ball side, I mean they're Premiership footballers ffs of course they'll be playing some short passes as some point but they most definitely don't - quote "do it a lot"

Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:36pm
Jimmy McIlroy is God... Up Burnley...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 37>
  Share Topic