You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FINLAND VS IRELAND

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 37>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 8:44am
have we any idea who it is?
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

The suspicion is Jack Byrne
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:00am
the sun reported it was a player who didn’t play against Slovakia or Wales. So either Byrne, Kellegher or Travers if it was an existing squad member which the sun seemed to hint at or if I read wrong then one of the players who came over late. But I think it was one of the three I mentioned reading between the lines 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:02am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

the sun reported it was a player who didn’t play against Slovakia or Wales. So either Byrne, Kellegher or Travers if it was an existing squad member which the sun seemed to hint at or if I read wrong then one of the players who came over late. But I think it was one of the three I mentioned reading between the lines 

And with no additional call-ups for keepers (you have to have three in the squad) then it's most likely Byrne.

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

And with no additional call-ups for keepers (you have to have three in the squad) then it's most likely Byrne.

A fair bit of chatter on social media that it is Byrne. Youd have to feel for him. Warms the bench for two games, sees others that weren't named in the first squad leap frog ahead of him for game time and now this. If it is him hopefully he recovers speedily because Rovers need him for the run in 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

This was posted in jest by some non Rovers fan on the LOI page.

I doubt it's true.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:08am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I doubt it's true.

If you look at the players who trained yesterday, minus the player who played Sunday. It is undoubtedlyhim
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:37am

I doubt it's true.

Only 3 players it could have been and 2 are keepers, nobody else called up would suggest its not a keeper as you wouldn't be travelling with only 2.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:40am
It does look like it’s Byrne, shame for him 
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:43am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

I doubt it's true.

Only 3 players it could have been and 2 are keepers, nobody else called up would suggest its not a keeper as you wouldn't be travelling with only 2.
I wouldn't necessarily say this is true. The U21s have gone to Italy with only 2 keepers as far as I'm aware
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:54am
I heard Jack Byrne went to a Covid party and was telling everyone Kenny is clueless and Mick needs to come back. Said Mick is the only hope to instil that boot room mentality that you don't get with tippy tappy football. I quote "Hope I get Covid so I get out of this Finland game. Helsinki is crap for cans"
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:01am
Pity it's too late to call up a Dundalk player and give him some game time, would be fun watching twitter explode

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Pity it's too late to call up a Dundalk player and give him some game time, would be fun watching twitter explode

Brian Gartland packing his bag as we speak!
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Brian Gartland packing his bag as we speak!
Packing it with old newspapers so he can smuggle drink and smokes back in LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:34am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Yeah, bit of a sickner for him. Given how he's performed over the last month or so specifically, to not even get 20 mins in that Wales game, you'd have to say his chances of another call up or remote now. 
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:43am

Yeah, bit of a sickner for him. Given how he's performed over the last month or so specifically, to not even get 20 mins in that Wales game, you'd have to say his chances of another call up or remote now. 

Covid absolutely is a sickner
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

Covid absolutely is a sickner

Covid would make you sick alright.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 12:11pm

I actually thought this morning that if it was one of the Keepers who had testited positive he might be inclined to call up Rodgers 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 37>
  Share Topic