You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FINLAND VS IRELAND

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 37>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 6:57pm
Sure Conor Sammon is hanging on the line weighting for a call up I cod you knot
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 6:58pm
I think we should avoid calling up the likes of Colins and Judge, there are already better players, playing at higher levels in the 21s.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

In all honesty, who else does he call up? Apparently Knight and O'Shea from the 21s have already been contacted. There must be more to the Obafemi thing. You'd think now of all times he should be called up.

Expect James Collins and Jimmy Dunne to get called up too. Michael Duffy from Dundalk could be an outside bet.

Also, can Idah and Connolly come back into contention?

Collins should be called up I agree, he will score given the opportunity. 

LOL

I love this forum.

I’m crying here 

We should also call up Conor Sammon - he would net a shoal of goals 

Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Always rated Alan Judge, great skillful player just too injury prone. Never got the love he deserved.
What? McCarthy used to cream his pants over ‘judgey’

From the fans I mean. Nobody ever mentions him.
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

I think we should avoid calling up the likes of Colins and Judge, there are already better players, playing at higher levels in the 21s.
If you mean Obafemi, he isn't playing at any level he's benchwarmer. And he's very unproven, even Kenny doesn't rate him too highly.

Who are you referring to here ? 

The U21s have the Italy match also, hardly fair to ruin their chances for a few lads who probably won't play

Edited by Green Man - 11 Oct 2020 at 7:05pm
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:08pm

If the 21s game is off on Tuesday then I'd call up all of the players with experience at Championship and Premier League level.

That would be O'Shea, Knight, Smallbone, Obafemi, Masterson and Collins.

We'll never have a better chance to integrate some of these lads into a senior squad for a competitive game. 

Call them up and give ourselves options for future games,  with Covid here to stay for a few months we're going to need as big a playing pool as possible.

Hopefully we can get Connolly and Idah back too.
Couldn’t agree more, get the work experience lads practiced in the art of sitting in the correct seats on an aeroplane.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:12pm

If you mean Obafemi, he isn't playing at any level he's benchwarmer. And he's very unproven, even Kenny doesn't rate him too highly.

Who are you referring to here ? 

The U21s have the Italy match also, hardly fair to ruin their chances for a few lads who probably won't play

I'd be surpised if their game vs Italy takes place now.

Knight plays a similar position to Judge at a higher level.

Obafemi has played a number of Premier League games and has scored at that level. Collins will never do that. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

He took the international break to go on a fishing trip. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:16pm
Who was better Caleb Folan or Connor Sammon 
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

He has a lot in common with the people there.  He'd feel at ease amongst the finns.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Folan. Think he did alright when he came on vs Italy in Bari. Don't think he started that game from what I remember. 

For a fairly tall fella, I don't remember Sammon winning anything in the air. It wasn't for lack of trying but he was nowhere near good enough for international level. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Folan won a header which set up Robbie's equaliser against Italy so I'm going to say him. Well bigger impact anyway.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:27pm
I'm confident we are due to click and no reason it won't happen this Wednesday.
Tomorrow should shed some light on the makeup of the squad and answer the Connolly/Idah question.
If both are available I'd say they will start so it's a big call.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Tomorrow should shed some light on the makeup of the squad and answer the Connolly/Idah question.

I thought they went back to their clubs no? I assume they're out for Wednesday. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I thought they went back to their clubs no? I assume they're out for Wednesday. 

FAI looking into it with UEFA if they can become available due to the test being a false positive.

Doubt their clubs would be all that happy though

Edited by wanderer - 11 Oct 2020 at 7:35pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:40pm
I would say call ups and phone calls will have gone out just after the game as if they need to be in Dublin in the morning as not sure when the team fly out 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:43pm
Yeah, the FAI are looking into the situation with the two lads I believe.
I agree the main issue would be with their clubs - I'd say clubs are lookin on in some distress at what is unfolding here.
Having sad that, I can see no health reasons why they should not be allowed join up.

If we got those two back, and Knight and O'Shea, I'd say we will be looking good for Wednesday and I'd say all would start bar Knight.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:44pm

Yeah, the FAI are looking into the situation with the two lads I believe.
I agree the main issue would be with their clubs - I'd say clubs are lookin on in some distress at what is unfolding here.
Having sad that, I can see no health reasons why they should not be allowed join up.

If we got those two back, and Knight and O'Shea, I'd say we will be looking good for Wednesday and I'd say all would start bar Knight.
I'd say you could be right.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 37>
  Share Topic