You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELAND VS WALES - October 11th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

No issue with Mick , he has more love and passion to this country than many born and bread Irish people at times . 
Good luck to him I say . 
Nonsense! He was only out to earn a crust.

The poison for an Irish hero like Mick From fans is really unedifying. I dunno, I get down looking at the absolute poison aimed at the likes of Mick and Roy Keane from balloon heads.

Seems like for Irish fans you’re a hero if you’re doing it on the pitch or if you’re useful in some way. But once you aren’t, the mob Will take their pound of flesh.

You might be touching on a false equivalency there as I think Roy Keane is defended by more balloon heads than the ones defending Mick Wink  Mick had total commitment both as a player and a manager to our national side. Keane simply didn't have that commitment irrespective of what your views of who was right or wrong about Saipan or anything else. There is justifiably more disdain among Irish supporters generally speaking  towards Keane rather than Mick when it comes to our national side imo. (Mick's current role commentating on the Ireland games isn't doing him much favours mind LOL)

Your second point about a player not doing it on the pitch anymore and the mob taking its pound of flesh is moot. This would apply in any case with any fanbase.  Irish fans are no more fickle than any other set of fans in that regard. 

Roy Keane dragged ireland to a World Cup. That’s the bottom line. 

There's no doubt we wouldn't have qualified without Roy Keane.  Does that justify his lack of commitment when it came to showing up for international duty? 

Would you afford the same leniency on his namesake Robbie Keane who always showed up to play for his country? 

Roy Keane dragged us to a World Cup and now fans fall over themselves to sl*g him off and now Mick aswell. It’s a bit sh*t.
Sponsored Links

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:14pm
Showing up and playing for his country is the yeast he could do.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:19pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

No issue with Mick , he has more love and passion to this country than many born and bread Irish people at times . 
Good luck to him I say . 
Nonsense! He was only out to earn a crust.

The poison for an Irish hero like Mick From fans is really unedifying. I dunno, I get down looking at the absolute poison aimed at the likes of Mick and Roy Keane from balloon heads.

Seems like for Irish fans you’re a hero if you’re doing it on the pitch or if you’re useful in some way. But once you aren’t, the mob Will take their pound of flesh.

You might be touching on a false equivalency there as I think Roy Keane is defended by more balloon heads than the ones defending Mick Wink  Mick had total commitment both as a player and a manager to our national side. Keane simply didn't have that commitment irrespective of what your views of who was right or wrong about Saipan or anything else. There is justifiably more disdain among Irish supporters generally speaking  towards Keane rather than Mick when it comes to our national side imo. (Mick's current role commentating on the Ireland games isn't doing him much favours mind LOL)

Your second point about a player not doing it on the pitch anymore and the mob taking its pound of flesh is moot. This would apply in any case with any fanbase.  Irish fans are no more fickle than any other set of fans in that regard. 

Roy Keane dragged ireland to a World Cup. That’s the bottom line. 

There's no doubt we wouldn't have qualified without Roy Keane.  Does that justify his lack of commitment when it came to showing up for international duty? 

Would you afford the same leniency on his namesake Robbie Keane who always showed up to play for his country? 

Roy Keane dragged us to a World Cup and now fans fall over themselves to sl*g him off and now Mick aswell. It’s a bit sh*t.

We'll leave it at that. Thumbs Up Back on topic anyway. 

Desperate pity we couldn't beat a Welsh team that were surprisingly there for the taking. Hourihane's miss against Slovakia and Long's one (albeit a harder chance) against Wales are sickeners. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Showing up and playing for his country is the yeast he could do.

He sowed the seeds for future stars Keane & Duff. He was more than just a flash in the pan and anyone who doesn't see that deserves a loaf
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:20am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

There’s an unholy obsession with bread puns on ybig , the Mark Bunn thread (remember him ?) was the pinnacle of bread puns 

It’s our Holy Communion 
It's what we were bread for. Our love of dear old Ireland and nonsensical myths is only matched by our love of our parents, flour and yeast, who made us.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

My coaching qualifications or badges etc have absolutely nothing got to do with the points at hand, again you've proven yourself incapable of being able to debate.

Anyhow, swiftly moving on.......

You remind me of Muskie in the Wacky Races cartoon who always wanted a badge LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Do you wear them to bed LOLLOLLOL

Muskie? 

I don't know what's worse, that fact that you couldn't even get the characters name right (Muttley) or the amount of laughing emoticons in an unfunny and childish reply.

Anyhow for the second time, I can't be arsed derailing the thread further.

"Muskie" was the Muskrat in Deputy Dawg:

Hope This Helps

LOL

Canadian I presume.?
AKA pedantic kunt
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:27am
Derrick Williams was the positive test that led to 4 others being ruled out  on Sunday morning according to The Star  

Edited by Denis Irwin - 14 Oct 2020 at 10:28am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:45am
Could they be sued for breaking GDPR?
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:50am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Unless it was leaked to them no. Seems to be process of elimination from looking elsewhere. He was the only one of the 5 players not to be named originally.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Unless it was leaked to them no. Seems to be process of elimination from looking elsewhere. He was the only one of the 5 players not to be named originally.
Ah just papers and their half baked theories
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Derrick Williams was the positive test that led to 4 others being ruled out  on Sunday morning according to The Star  

Wasn’t that already well known?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738
  Share Topic