You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELAND VS WALES - October 11th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 38>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by orourkeda orourkeda wrote:

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Wasn't that exciting. Long should have scored.

If we were bad then Wales were absolutely terrible. 

We have definitely improved as a team.

Anyone who doesn't think so clearly doesn't remember that we use to sit with 11 men behind the ball for near 90 minutes vs the likes of Georgia. 

They were. So we couldnt score against a crap team.
Did you not get your Fifa 21 yet?

What does this mean?
https://www.orourkeda.blog

Sponsored Links

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:21pm

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Wasn't that exciting. Long should have scored.

If we were bad then Wales were absolutely terrible. 

We have definitely improved as a team.

Anyone who doesn't think so clearly doesn't remember that we use to sit with 11 men behind the ball for near 90 minutes vs the likes of Georgia. 

They were. So we couldnt score against a crap team.

We should have scored and we were beginning to create more chances until McClean went in for a tackle stupidly. 

McCleans first yellow wasn't a yellow I didn't think but the second was 100%. 

We kept the ball very well, did you prefer watching us play 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes and play long balls of repeat?
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Not great seeing no teammates backing up McClean there when 3 Welsh were shoving him

I'm guessing it is because they, like any objective person, think he is an idiot.  He hasn't got anywhere near the footballing ability needed for how SK wants to play. He is just an angry, brainless, guy. I have no doubt off the pitch he can be a great guy in his community but thats no basis for him playing for Ireland. It must stop now. It is pointless picking this guy in our squad, let alone capping him, again.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:22pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

1 shot on target tells you all you need to know.

I thought it was a brutal game and a poor performance.

Molumby had a good 1st half.

Just a shame for Kenny trying to build a side with so many players out.

I agree. It was a terrible game. 

I understand there was disruption in the build up. However, you can pick from what you have available.

There was still enough experience in that starting 11 too have made a better fist of that game.

What’s Wales excuse they were playing also and they are rated higher than us yet we dominated them and had better chances and Long and Horgan should both have scored and at least hit the target. 

Who said they had an excuse?

Ok what are you expecting from the manager with the level of players he is dealing with. 
AKA pedantic kunt
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:22pm

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

It wasn't exciting but it was quite interesting

In a way Kenny might learn more from having all those players out

Learn what?
Learn about squad depth and who he can trust

And the more players that get game time the more it creates competition

JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:25pm
Feel sorry for Kenny, if his players could finish chances that Mother Theresa would of found hard to miss we wpupd have 2 good wins, we badly need a fee good strikers, otherwise I like how we are playing, bit more creativity and a good striker and we will be laughing.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Feel sorry for Kenny, if his players could finish chances that Mother Theresa would of found hard to miss we wpupd have 2 good wins, we badly need a fee good strikers, otherwise I like how we are playing, bit more creativity and a good striker and we will be laughing.

If Parrott goes on to be anyway half decent I would say the future is bright. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

I can't see how Niall Quinn would fit into this team.
Cymro View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cymro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:29pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

1 shot on target tells you all you need to know.

I thought it was a brutal game and a poor performance.

Molumby had a good 1st half.

Just a shame for Kenny trying to build a side with so many players out.

I agree. It was a terrible game. 

I understand there was disruption in the build up. However, you can pick from what you have available.

There was still enough experience in that starting 11 too have made a better fist of that game.

What’s Wales excuse they were playing also and they are rated higher than us yet we dominated them and had better chances and Long and Horgan should both have scored and at least hit the target. 

Just another poor display like the other night. It has been like going back to Giggs' early days the last week.

We are capable of far, far better than that. Seem to have forgotten how to play football in the space of a month.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

has any Ireland manager had so much thrown at them in the first four games.   All competitive one a playoff, and dealing with covid 19 and lose in a peno shootout. 

Decent performance but cutting edge is the issue. 

This^^^

But I think Kenny will have to start looking at a system which doesn't naturally curl into itself whereby it almost adapts as a 4-6-0. Unless you have particularly skilful midfielders, you simply won't score that way, and the system being employed is yielding no goals.

Having said that, this is another solid performance, and to get the results like this (which were so prevalent during MM's second spell, and the least 18 months of MON/Roy) while actually playing the ball on the ground, and controlling sections of the game, is very welcome. Wales are no mugs, and a number of members of their team are £15 Million-£20 Million men, or would go for that. The likes of Ramsey were controlled well, and they didn't create huge amounts of chances, in spite of having a better football team.

MM himself went scoreless and winless in his first three, and we only started scoring in his fourth game. MON had a lowball game  against Latvia to the it rolling. Trapp had two end of season friendly matches. Stan, three friendlies. Kerr, a game in Scotland. Even Big Jack had a few games and a small tournament in 1986 to get him going. No manager has been thrown in at the deep end like Kenny has. And like our previous regimes, we aren't getting easily beaten, the thing is, we're a bit more progressive.

Don't get me wrong, very disappointing week, but not all bad.

What about McCarthy's second reign? Straight into competitive games too. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:30pm
Don’t see how that be classed as a poor performance 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

Is McClean suspended now, I wonder how many players will be called in

At least 5 or 6 would be my guess to be called in
Dan McDonnell saying Jason Knight and O Shea in from u21s, bit tough on U21s with Italy game Tuesday?
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

has any Ireland manager had so much thrown at them in the first four games.   All competitive one a playoff, and dealing with covid 19 and lose in a peno shootout. 

Decent performance but cutting edge is the issue. 

This^^^

But I think Kenny will have to start looking at a system which doesn't naturally curl into itself whereby it almost adapts as a 4-6-0. Unless you have particularly skilful midfielders, you simply won't score that way, and the system being employed is yielding no goals.

Having said that, this is another solid performance, and to get the results like this (which were so prevalent during MM's second spell, and the least 18 months of MON/Roy) while actually playing the ball on the ground, and controlling sections of the game, is very welcome. Wales are no mugs, and a number of members of their team are £15 Million-£20 Million men, or would go for that. The likes of Ramsey were controlled well, and they didn't create huge amounts of chances, in spite of having a better football team.

MM himself went scoreless and winless in his first three, and we only started scoring in his fourth game. MON had a lowball game  against Latvia to the it rolling. Trapp had two end of season friendly matches. Stan, three friendlies. Kerr, a game in Scotland. Even Big Jack had a few games and a small tournament in 1986 to get him going. No manager has been thrown in at the deep end like Kenny has. And like our previous regimes, we aren't getting easily beaten, the thing is, we're a bit more progressive.

Don't get me wrong, very disappointing week, but not all bad.

What about McCarthy's second reign? Straight into competitive games too. 

Kudos to mccarthy . He turned Gibraltar into a competitive game. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:33pm

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

We're definitely playing better football (which is good and welcome) but we're still a very average, ordinary side.

We need a goalscorer to lift us out of this - but it might happen, let's not give up hope.

Where is this goalscorer?

1.9 or 1.7m away from a false positive. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
triggs1993 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggs1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by triggs1993 triggs1993 wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Big issue is our lack of a goal scoring threat.

NI have scored in each of our last 7 away games.

Just sayin, like.
Off to the Rest of World section with you

Will do.

Though can we not have a "Rest of the Euro's" section?

Just askin, like
Didn't know NI have already qualified. Hope for your sake you're not joining us in this section. Suppose you could be made admin.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:34pm
I thought that was another poor game. Again we played some decent stuff at times but 1 shot on target and another goaless game is a real worry. Keeping the ball is well and good but actually doing something with it is entirely different. We can bemoan the lack of a goalscorer but that is where we are so the solution is to find other ways to win matches rather than rely on a goalscorer. At the minute we are playing a style that needs a goalscorer and we hope one appears because otherwise I fear we might struggle big time. 1 goal in 4 games which was an injury time set piece header from our centre back. Not encouraging.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Don’t see how that be classed as a poor performance 

Plus 1 on this 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

I thought that was another poor game. Again we played some decent stuff at times but 1 shot on target and another goaless game is a real worry. Keeping the ball is well and good but actually doing something with it is entirely different. We can bemoan the lack of a goalscorer but that is where we are so the solution is to find other ways to win matches rather than rely on a goalscorer. At the minute we are playing a style that needs a goalscorer and we hope one appears because otherwise I fear we might struggle big time. 1 goal in 4 games which was an injury time set piece header from our centre back. Not encouraging.
What style of football doesn’t need a goalscorer?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 38>
  Share Topic